Gems TV - Rapid decline!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Will you buy from Gems TV while the issues mentioned exist?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • No NEVER

Votes: 40 97.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some interesting stuff on that link Cleopatra, thanks!
"We are always looking at ways to reduce our operating costs, but because of this exceptionally challenging environment we are making further cost reductions in our television production, warehouse and call center functions as well as in our manufacturing capacities. We have done things such as changing our shipping provider in the UK which has resulted in a savings of 26% per package on standard delivery. We are reducing hours on GemsTV2 in the UK during very low performing hours which will reduce TV production overheads and reduce our overall UK workforce by about 30%."
Hm, and we wondered why it was all going pete tong!

Just read through it. I have very limited sympathy though - they are still making a cracking profit.

Ohhhh it's sad. Gems has been a laugh and I've got some lovely things but now it's so stale and expensive and seems so....grabbing. And Rocks and Co was dull today. Yes - it was the first day and things are always hairy on the first day BUT the format seems so pedestrian.

Where's that fun vibe that's actually great to watch? I know Rocks TV is ok but I like to watch things 'on the tele'.

Hang on....

Shall we all go into business together? Anyone got Don's number? :)

I just can't believe that GTV of a year or so ago is the same GTV of today. In two years, I spent a considerable amount of money with them. Since the beginning of the year, I have spent nothing.

I hate the website. I hate the fact that web buyers are poor relations. I hate their CS. I don't watch on TV. I note that the discounts are missing. £5.00 off? Whowee!!!!

Then, they go and cheat on good customers. Why bother with them?

Meggie

I voted no because:

Poor CS and being unable to keep thier word for MB & Cleo

£59 for a silver ring

Silver shows all the time

Everything covered in poor quality pave

Stones still falling out of the pieces at the drop of a hat

Not looking after their loyal buyers in any way whatsoever

CS told me the webgames are indeed just odd items that have been returned etc., which is why they sometimes don't have a tag on them. 3 separate CS staff told me that...Perhaps they could say on the Web that it's a Clearance outlet - they might get more sales that way - everyone loves a Clearance sale!

BTW I never believed the Diamond Clearance hype - good prices, but it's only a marketing ploy - they have the capacity to buy large quantities, that's all...

Why is pave poor quality then? I thought it was an accepted way of setting a lot of small stones together?

I wonder how many stones have fallen out, compared with how many haven't? Out of the thousands (probably milions) they've sold, how many have actually been faulty?

I vote not sure :eek: I got a few £1 items at the weekend, they all arrived, no problems.
It is terrible the problems some people have had with gemstv, but i personally haven't had any probs.

Glinda

really pleased you got your £1.00 items, did you order on the web or by phone.

Share with us wat you got

Cleopatra

thanks cleopatra - sorry to hear you have had problems with gemstv.
I phoned in for the one item, a tanzanite and diamond pendant, as there was only a quantity of 2 so no web bidding was allowed.
the other 2 i web bid for - a white gold citrine pendant and a yellow gold ce zircon pendant.

No, I think that is it for me. I ordered one item, it sat in my basket for a week, I had a call from CS mid-week @ 10.15pm (which in my opinion IS LATE!!) and to make matters worse hubby found out what I was up to (when they called me so late.) So that is it for me. I think they have gone downhill very radiply. No more.

I too only discovered this thread after the poll closed.

I would have voted no.

Infact I actually don't bother even looking at the Gems section on here now. Last time was when the theft of Mummybear and Cleopatra's baskets. The won the items and had them stolen off them!!!

I thought ex demo games online where for returned items?

Loved the reduction on the shipping costs they have made. Yes great way to keep customers in Northern Ireland and Scotland by charging £12.50.

Things are going to get alot harder in the retails business, people have to make decisions on everyday costs. They way Gems have gone I cannot even see them lasting.

Hi guys. It's taking me a while to get used to shoppingtelly! But I just found this discussion and feel exactly the same. I haven't bought or even watched since last weekend, I'm still really angry about it al. So glad I found this site to chat wth you all.
Really used to love Gems TV but they seemed to have gone downhill in more than a few ways :(
Loving that other new channel on 642 (Rocks and Co i think but keep getting mixed up between the 2 'Rocks's!)..much better quality and less of the desperate pressure that Gems couldnt seen to handle in the end CS wise etc anyway!!
Real Shame though I used to love Gems TV :(
Thanks again for the big welcome I've had guys!
xxx

wish I'd seen poll

hi ,I'm new too,::22::haven't watched for a week as I was giving the card a much needed break,slipped yesterday and bought a silver turquoise bracelet £34 with the st voucher,I think GTV turquoise is reconstituted,a bit too bright and shiny,I bought the amethyst (pomodoro "homage")ring off web site £19 ex demo,terrible flaw,wouldn't refund postage as ex demo,so decided to keep it.
Can't watch Nick:24:,seems really bored with the whole process and that bantam cockerel hair cut is a joke,but luv diddy derek.:cool:
Really agree with everyone that gems is a disappointment these days,but still trying not to watch,lying on sofa with tea,chocolate and jewellery was the last pleasure left,ciggies,booze and sex just a memory,but will keep working at it.
Hope I haven't bored you all to death.

Welcome to the forum, nannieA
sign0016.gif
. You sound a lot like me...we could be living parallel lives :3:. I too was disappointed by their turquoise and thought there was something not quite right with it so it wouldn't surprise me if it was reconstituted/filled/glued. Hope you enjoy your time in the forum and am looking forward to more of your posts :5:

Latest posts

Back