Going Bare Legged

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
I know it is supposed to be trendy to go bare legged these days but some people really shouldn't do it should they?

Catherine Huntley now is presenting a show with very pale legs indeed and it just doesn't look right.

Anna earlier was presenting in a shortish dress and although the colour of her skin was ok, she is bandy legged and really shouldn't wear skirts at all.

Come to think of it, I can't remember when I last wore tights but there again I wear trousers 99% of the time anyway and when I do wear a dress it is a maxi one.

I hate the confined and sometimes hot feeling of being in tights but I must admit that if I were wearing a classic two piece suit to a wedding or something, there is no way I would go bare legged.

I really dislike CH's hair at the moment.I'm normally quite a fan of CH but more and more I think shes losing the plot :confused:

I thought the current hair was at a growing longer stage or the colour just waiting to be done....but its been like this since she had her extensions out.

Although I think CS's long hair is quite aging on her...at least she does something with it!!!

I've just written about tights/bare legs on another post.IMO CH looks better with a bit of fake tan...she does look very pale without it...

bare legs need a lot of maintenance. in the states i believe its a sign of prestige because of the amount of upkeep bare legs need. well toned legs,tanned,defuzzed,exfoliating,moisturised etc etc.

bare legs need a lot of maintenance. in the states i believe its a sign of prestige because of the amount of upkeep bare legs need. well toned legs,tanned,defuzzed,exfoliating,moisturised etc etc.

Don't they reckon that in New York the women go bare legged even in snow in the depths of winter? :doh:

I hate wearing tights but I must admit that in the winter black opaques cover a multitude of sins. In the summer I fake tan my legs but I have a lot of nasty little spider veins that I hate so now mostly stick to trousers or maxi dresses. Don't know what I will do if maxi dresses fall from favour, just carry on wearing them?

How amusing that the thick tight wearer Anna Cookson Vs the bare legged Chuntley has sparked 2 threads today.

Agree the maintenance to go 'bare' is exhausting if the lady is not blessed with holiday tan. I admit in the winter, my legs are a delightful shade of corned beef :grin: so, its quite a challenge to be presentable when its chilly outside

Call me stuffy, but I personally think NO female tv presenter should be bare legged. It looks sloppy.

My Grandmother would say "I get a hell of a draught" if she didnt have stockings, roll-on, big pants, and petticoat under her dress and even a lace hanky tucked into her stocking top next to her 'industrial' metal stays. :grin:

I always think about this when i watch Sky news in the morning. Don't get me wrong - all of the ladies are attractive and groomed, but all are bare legged and i just think a thin pair of tights would look better.

Gosh, I had no idea white legs might cause so much offence from a style point of view! Since mine are much paler than Catherine's I'd certainly better start keeping them covered up …

tbh tights are a relatively cheap way of looking finished and primark do some lovely tights in various shades of tan.

Did anyone see the airbrush spray tan for legs by Judith Williams? £22 :eek:

I knew Sally Hanson did one so I nipped into Boots to compare prices. Thats still over a tenner! Being a woman is so expensive :rolleyes:

I agree Nicky. I actually like to see women in their 'normal skin', it makes a refreshing change! I've recently had a weeks holiday and have a bit of colour, but I can see people looking at me as if to say "where's your tan?"!!! A few have even said that I am not very brown! I go on hols to relax and see the country. If all you want is a tan then it would be significantly cheaper to fake it surely?, lol

I have been wearing dresses and bare legs in the rain. It may be wet and miserable but it's still hot. I hate tights with a passion. They have to be the most uncomfortable thing ever!! In winter I wear footless tights with socks and boots, they're more like very thin legging and not as restrictive on your torso.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Gosh, I had no idea white legs might cause so much offence from a style point of view! Since mine are much paler than Catherine's I'd certainly better start keeping them covered up …

My horrible legs are untanned and badly scarred ergo unsuitable for fake tan which I don't like anyway. Imagine the mass apoplexy I could cause Nicky-j

Did anyone see the airbrush spray tan for legs by Judith Williams? £22 :eek:

I knew Sally Hanson did one so I nipped into Boots to compare prices. Thats still over a tenner! Being a woman is so expensive :rolleyes:

I agree Nicky. I actually like to see women in their 'normal skin', it makes a refreshing change! I've recently had a weeks holiday and have a bit of colour, but I can see people looking at me as if to say "where's your tan?"!!! A few have even said that I am not very brown! I go on hols to relax and see the country. If all you want is a tan then it would be significantly cheaper to fake it surely?, lol

I have been wearing dresses and bare legs in the rain. It may be wet and miserable but it's still hot. I hate tights with a passion. They have to be the most uncomfortable thing ever!! In winter I wear footless tights with socks and boots, they're more like very thin legging and not as restrictive on your torso.

I hate tights too, but do wear opaque ones in winter. Its the thin ones i dislike. I have recently started using the Sally Hanson leg tan. Its the best thing ever for legs in my opinion. Far better than any fake tan i have tried. It is marketed as a leg make up, really easy to use and its immediate, so no waiting for it to develop. Even though the weather is terrible, its not cold here so I wear my cropped jeans etc most of the time. Nothing looks worse than my milk bottle white legs poking out the bottom!!

I hate tights too, but do wear opaque ones in winter. Its the thin ones i dislike. I have recently started using the Sally Hanson leg tan. Its the best thing ever for legs in my opinion. Far better than any fake tan i have tried. It is marketed as a leg make up, really easy to use and its immediate, so no waiting for it to develop. Even though the weather is terrible, its not cold here so I wear my cropped jeans etc most of the time. Nothing looks worse than my milk bottle white legs poking out the bottom!!

Ah, I was wondering what it's like. Thanks for that. :D It doesn't give a dark colour does it? I'm not pale, more olive, so always have a bit of colour. Just hate the expectation people have for you to be mahogany these days!!

I may give it a go, more for the airbrush effect to cover some thread veins above my knees than anything. Who would have thought I'd be 39 and worrying about veins? Seems like only yesterday I was wearing skirts up to my bottom and not giving a jot!!!

Youth, wasted on the young :p

Im a fan of spray on stockings. Yet I have never tried Nyce legs or Sally Hansen

I used to use 'Air Stockings' in USA until they discontinued it.

The Price is pretty steep for these sprays, but they do last a long while on the legs
It is also one of the few products effective for covering up hyper pigmentation that might be associated with various dermal issues, inc. scar tissue - in some respects better than dedicated creams for this including Derma-blend or other high pigmented Scar cover Cosmeticuals

I do wish spray stockings would release a 'kinder' colour range, rather than releasing shades that give legs the look of mahogany or oompah loompah orange :giggle:

I didn't like the fake colour, fake length look on CH. Nothing personal, she carried it off reasonably well but it is not a look I like. I thought she looked a lot better with her natural hair, so if going back to that means some roots and an in between length then fair enough. It takes time to grow these things out, as I've learned! I also think fake tanning is a very annoying trend, pale is fine! I know tans can be useful to cover flaws but just for the sake of colour, no thank you. I am in a very 'natural is good' phase at the moment. It may pass.

Re CH, pale and brunette is a great look, why waste time and energy being fake and fake instead.

Re tights or stockings, in most office/corporate environments women are not allowed to go bare legged, which is expensive and annoying at times, but it is about looking professional rather than about looking tanned or toned. The outfit looks much more casual with bare legs, maybe that perception will change over the years but not gone yet.

I don't agree you need to have horrendous roots when growing out colour...I've done it and just had some almost non descript highlights to get through it and blend a bit.

When I was a little girl - I can remember my Mum telling my sister off for not wearing stockings - because 'nice' girls didn't go out with bare legs!!

some women look fantastic with bare legs and some dont. i must admit being told when i was younger to wear tights as mentioned before as nice girls wear tights lol. but in the heat tights can be a chore and when i was larger tights were so uncomfortable. quite lucky that my lower legs are ok without tights

Latest posts

Back