Going Bare Legged

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tbh tights are a relatively cheap way of looking finished and primark do some lovely tights in various shades of tan.

The problem with that is that if you truly do have pale skin (as I do) no-one does natural looking tights that look natural and most of the 'tan' shades make many people's legs look orange. And then they certainly won't match your arms or any other bit of skin on show.

I know no-one's really having a go, but it seems sometimes like the biggest 'problem' you can have with your appearance is being too pale! I am naturally very pale. Okay if someone wants to look warmer/more tanned/more perfected, then fine, no problem. But similarly, surely, people who are happy in their own skin (whatever shade it happens to be) shouldn't have to be 'told off'?

Yes well, I must admit I don't like this trend for going bare legged at all and I too consider that "nice girls shouldn't do it". These days though there aren't many "nice girls" about perhaps.

I do think that anyone in the public eye e.g. television presenters, teachers, solicitors etc should always wear tights or trousers. That is just my opinion and I know, obviously, that people don't all hold my beliefs. There again I think the whole country is quite sloppy to be honest.

The prettiest look was a 50's floral stick out dress with matching sandals and handbag, bracelets, earrings and maybe a little hat and gloves if worn outdoors. Women looked oh so feminine then. Stick out dress.jpg

the wrong colour tights can look wrong but most people know what suits them. i go for both bare legs and tights that look as close to my skintone as possible. most of the qvc models i noticed go bare leggeg..

I am going to a wedding in September and am usually found to be slopping round in trousers. I have just bought a no-no machine and will use it for a general de fuzz and moisture my neglected skin. I don't think my legs are up to going bare these days, hate tights and am thinking of trying hold ups which are like stockings but don't need suspenders. My daughter is going to the same wedding and is going defuzzed and wearing hold ups too (though she'd sooner sport socks at 19 (I don't think so lol). BTW she is wearing a dress and pretty shoes, instead of jeans, so that's quite a departure for her.

Capriossi - Sorry can't get the quote thing to work.

The Sally Hanson airbrush legs come in threee shades. The light is mine, its really light and just gives me a bit of colour which looks brill. One of the other two shades would probably suit you if you are more olive skinner. don't spray it directly on to your legs, it will go everywhere. I use a tanning mit, or you could spray it into your hand. The mit is probably the best way though. It washes off in the shower/ bath, but should be ok if you get caught in a few spots of rain.

Loved your pics. Gemgenie. That just the sort of clothes I wore in the 50's with lots of petticoats. Flat shoes or ones with little kitten heels - stilletos didn't come out until the late 50's. Nylons, as we called them, were all the rage and very expensive. If you had ' glass nylons' and got a ladder you could take them to a Dry Cleaners that had a machine that was able to repair them If they were only ordinary ones you just painted some clear nail varnish on it to stop is running further. Happy days!!

Latest posts

Back