Gold Tarnishing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hello everyone

I am all set up for keeping my silver jewellery looking lovely.....but I didn't expect to need to do this for my gold items from Rocks :dull:

I keep my gold jewellery separate, but the gemset bits from Rocks have tarnished (other gold jewellery in the same jewellery box are ok)

So whats the best way of getting it back to the gold lovleyness (its hard to polish everywhere with a cloth!!), and then also keeping it looking good (eg should I use the silver anti tarnish strips on these items when storing them???)

Pepsi(disappointed and let down with this rubish gold)doodle

I also have the same problem with gold but with items bought from The Jewellery Channel!?!? :confused:

Hi The Dave Bradford Jewellery Cleaner is the best at cleaning everything. I think Ideal world have it in stock at the moment. Dave also sells it on his own website. I wouldn't use anything else!

Hiya, Yes this is the one i use, brilliant on all jewellery, i've used it for years...even when it had a different name at QVC. Wouldn't use anything else on my sparklies.

Last edited:
Hi Tabs
How do I get hold of said brill cleaner to keep my sparklies sparkly and shift a bit of tarnish off some older stuff

Does this cleaner also remove tarnish from silver? I read somewhere that once you start using silver cleaner to remove tarnish, the piece will start retarnishing much more quickly. A silver jewellery cloth has been mentioned in this thread, does anyone know where I could get one and whether this doesn't encourage retarnishing? Many thanks.

Hi, If you buy the kit with the tarnish cream in it, it does help remove tarnish from silver too. Re re-tarnishing faster, i couldn't really say, but i havent noticed it on my pieces....that said i dont get much tarnish on mine anyway.

Does this cleaner also remove tarnish from silver? I read somewhere that once you start using silver cleaner to remove tarnish, the piece will start retarnishing much more quickly. A silver jewellery cloth has been mentioned in this thread, does anyone know where I could get one and whether this doesn't encourage retarnishing? Many thanks.

I usually buy mine at Past Times if you have one close. Dunno about the retarnishing thing though.

Latest posts

Back