GTECH Air ram advanced orders soon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I expect mine will arrive today, but my Hermes man doesn't come round before 2-3 so it'll have to wait a bit - I can try it out on my freshly painted bedroom (one more coat on the 'feature wall' and I will be finally done, halleluja!) and preen as I glide around!

My tracking status said "Left in secure place".

That'll be my wheelie bin then, as I haven't agreed a secure place.

Or, it will just be left outside my front door, as done previously, ready to get stolen or wet.

I'm glad the bins have already been collected this week!

Gosh, it picks up a lot of dirt! Cheap carpet, a cocker spaniel and two long haired moggies have proven a challenge to various hoovers over the years and I have to say, the GTech gobbled everything up without even blinking! I did have to shut the dog in the hallway, though, she was attacking the Airram rather fiercely and I don't want toothmarks on my new gadget.

Well after putting mine on charge went to look at it and realised I hadn't turned the socket switch to on as I was only charging the battery on its own, I'd plugged it in, checked instructions to see if I had done it right, got distracted and forgot. Absence of charging indicator light for the battery when it's not in the machine noted for me there. 4 hours later, not charged, so its back on now, after all that anticipation as well. I have tried it a bit after one hour or so and I love that it sucks up so well but still not had chance to thoroughly try it. One thing I have noticed is the change in the noise levels as I move it around, sometimes it sounds really rattley, is this normal? Already having a GTECH standard sweeper which I use at least once a day and being thoroughly impressed with that, this air version feels all too familiar but I will put it through it's paces properly tomorrow and see what I think.

how long does / should it take to charge the battery?

It takes about 4 hours for a full charge when there's no battery power left. The four green lights on the front of the machine are static when it's fully charged. They 'pulsate' while it's charging. Mine came with two green bars so I was able to try it out for a while before charging it fully.

got mine yesterday but was out and too tired when I got home to play with it. got up in the middle of the night and assembled it took one minute and am now charging it. will have a go later as dd in bed and will crucify me if I wake her up with the noise. noticed that it is made in the peoples republic of china not Britain sadly. registered online for the 5 year gaurantee and roaring to go!

I've used mine and washed the filters (as they advised this after the first use because of the amount you do pick up the first time) , so can't use it again till they are completely dry. It is VERY good at picking up the dust and I am sooo impressed with how easy it is to clean the filter BUT I do think its a bit of a luxury item, I don't know if I can justify it but will use it while I have it and it has to win me over more yet. The lack of extras is what gets me, as I tend to use both normal vac and standard Gtech in my house all the time, this airram is doing less than both so would still have to get the big vac out. Am a disappointed a little but it is brilliant, don't get me wrong, just maybe not for me.

I have a dyson all floors my fav vacume cleaner but very heavy. this is very good. very deep cleaning like very fine dirt it lifts it away. I also find that I don't need the crevice tool as this does clean right up to the skirting boards. my stairs have never looked so clean. I just hold the front handle and place it on the steps does a far better job than the dyson and so fast.i did run out of charge but I had a lot to clean refurbing a new bedroom etc...a winner but if I had a GTECH would I buy anather one I doubt it but a keeper

I'm loving mine, very impressed with it's edge to edge cleaning (very useful for the kitchen). I did think I'd broken it when I blocked it at the same time as the charge went. Couldn't work out why it wouldn't start again after I'd unblocked it until I realised it also needed charging, then all was fine.

I would recommend 2 improvements to Gtech:

1. Have a warning light for when the trays are full and need emptying
2. Be able to charge the battery unit separately from the actual machine

I would like the on/off switch on the handle rather than on the side. do the normal g-tech clean this good. my kids are not impressed but I am.

Latest posts

Back