Gtech

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The more expensive one (not the TSV) has two speeds; one for hard floors, one for carpet. Hmm..I'm wondering whether it's worth spending the extra 10 quid.

Thats my thought too.

Had a look on Gtechs site and they both have0.4l capacity. Just watched both vids and she definitely says its 1 litre but its very difficult to tell whether it looks bigger.

However the light seems too gimmicky for me and 2 speeds make sence in the non TSV video.

I've the orginal two speed one and only ever use the faster speed, so don't think it really matters having two speeds.
I'm going for this new one and not keeping it on charge all the time, as kindly pointed out on here.

:flower:

I've the orginal two speed one and only ever use the faster speed, so don't think it really matters having two speeds.
I'm going for this new one and not keeping it on charge all the time, as kindly pointed out on here.

:flower:

Hi bags, is that even on hard floors?

With regard to the charging, thanks to whoever pointed it out. Now I know whats wrong with my kids remote control car!!!

Hi bags, is that even on hard floors?

With regard to the charging, thanks to whoever pointed it out. Now I know whats wrong with my kids remote control car!!!

Yes; NiCd batteries are a pain. They die a death if you overcharge them.

I'm still tempted by the more expensive Gtech. The TSV has a stated 30 minutes use on one charge. My old Swivel Sweeper (RIP) was supposed to run for 90 minutes, but I don't think I got that out of it.

Well I have bought the TSV. Have had the swivel sweeper for a few years but got tempted by you all saying this is much better so I am expecting great things now!

Used it on fast speed on tiled floor and very short compact carpet, sorry don't have wood floors so can't comment.
Reasons why I'm happy to replace with this one is:
The handle on the old style yes is extendable only I'm only 5 3 max and always use it at it's longest.
The odd time it has stuck, I couldn't get it to easily extend and the odd time it has slipped down in length, on it's own.
Also I noticed when the girl was doing the demo when it came to removing the handle she unclipped it from the short handle.
On the old one the long handle pulls out and sometimes I've not found that it doesn't come out too easy.
It sounds like I'm being very picky, I'm not but trying to explain how this may well solve things for me.
Ours has been hammered like nothing else, with an Andrex puppy jumping all over it like it's a toy.
I did think with the added lights on the new one they may drain the battery.
That said being £10 cheaper, one speed which I only use the fast speed, fixed length handle which I always use at full length plus looking an easier removal of the handle for stair cleaning, it does seem like it may well suit me better.
Also if it's of any use the old one doesn't have a hole to hang it on the back of a door, as I've checked mine, noticed on the video Dale said the new one does.

Hope that is of some help for those undecided which to go for.

Last edited:
I'm kind of disappointed with this and as there are so many Gtech experts on here, tell me please is the other one on QVC much better?

I had the original Swivel sweeper and no it wasn't perfect but it did a good job on my hard surfaces.

This new Gtech TSV certainly looks prettier and does an okay job on carpets. The litter container is much better than the swivel too. However, my major disappointment is that it simply does not pick up at the edges like the Swivel which makes it a bit of a waste of time in the kitchen as that is where bits collect. So is the other one better at this?

I also expected a bit more power I think after reading such good things on here about Gtech. The much hyped stair cleaning on the presentation persuaded me too as not having the Dyson them all the time is appealing. However, they talked about popping off the visor but it is really not that easy to pop off at all.

qvc addict

I agree with you. I can't get the thing off to clean the stairs, but I have to admit it is good. Picked up all the dog hairs and cleans really well.

Well, I'm glad I failed to f.a.r.t. I LOVE my new Gtech! It does the stairs beautifully, picks up the bits of cat litter the cat leaves all over the house, and best of all, IT'S QUIET. I hate the roar of the vacuum cleaner, and the stupid hand-held thing I bought for stairs/cat-litter blows smelly air into your face and drops the picked-up stuff back onto the floor as soon as you switch it off. Gtech already feels like a little friend. I thought the headlamps would be a silly gimmick, but in fact, they're genuinely useful.

Well pleased.

Latest posts

Back