Guest presenters payment

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I know this is a totally random question and I know nobody may answer it, but I am curious enough to ask.

Today's TSV is 'Liz Earle' which is now owned by 'Boots', thus is she now employed by Boots? Also do the 'ambassador's get commission, as apparently there was 60000 of today's TSV sold, so exactly how are they paid? I am not just meaning Carol, but the 'guest presenters' in general. Also generic ones like lee Hobein and Jill gauntlet how are they paid? I know this is a sensitive area (no one likes talking about money) but I was just curios to know if anyone knew the structure?

Thanks in advance

I don't have an answer but it's been asked on here before. The bland ambassadors are either chosen by the brand or if they don't have anyone suitable QVC will use one of their regulars from their "bland ambassador wardrobe" like Carla Lazlo who seems to front anything. I don't mind Carla but I wish they'd vary the guests a bit - I know most of their spiels off by heart!
Whatever Liz Earle's contract is I guess she gets huge fees for her occasional appearances.

[qQUOTE=Akimbo;823635]I don't have an answer but it's been asked on here before. The bland ambassadors are either chosen by the brand or if they don't have anyone suitable QVC will use one of their regulars from their "bland ambassador wardrobe" like Carla Lazlo who seems to front anything. I don't mind Carla but I wish they'd vary the guests a bit - I know most of their spiels off by heart!
Whatever Liz Earle's contract is I guess she gets huge fees for her occasional appearances.[/QUOTE]
I like your term the "bland ambassadors " sum them up in a nutshell!

Someone who was a member here distributes the Beauty Blender and at one point considered putting it on QVC. I remember she was chatting to me about this and the guest presenter thing. Its the company or in her case she was the one paying the wages. No commission as far as I know. Depends who you get what the going rate is, someone like Stephanie Beecham(sp) who did a short stint would get a lot more than just a normal guest. Put it this way, no one is on minimum wages

That expalins the dedicated counter that has appeared in my larger Boots!

So Avon off loaded it pretty quick then?

No they hung in there for a good 3+ years. Avon has been in big trouble for good few years now, Coty bid twice for the company and got turned down.

We have a fancy new LE counter in my city centre Boots, they can now do facials and makeup demos at the counter unlike the old one. Someone I know now works part time for them and I was chatting to her the other day. Changes have started already now Walgreens own them. My favourite blush brush is actually a LE one, and its a big seller too. But they have discontinued it for some unknown reason, even the manager of the counter was really surprised.

Latest posts

Back