Has anyone tried the liquid sew Fabric Mender?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

star234

Guest Shopper
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.829469

I have seen the presentation, and of course it makes it sound like the best thing since sliced bread. Has anyone used it? There are no reviews at all for it.
I have a very nice handbag (Chloe) but the lining is ripped right in the bottom of the front pocket and I was wondering if this is the thing to fix it with as you can not get a needle and threat down there.
Any help, other suggestions would be much appreciated

Last edited:
Never tried it Star but I've often looked at similar items as of all the things I hate doing most in all the world, sewing comes somewhere near the very top of the list! lol

It might go all horrible & crunchy (or wrinkly!) though & then the bag lining would be totally pooped - not sure I'd want to experiment on an expensive bag with it - wouldn't you be better off having the lining professionally mended, especially if it's in a hard to reach place?

That is certainly what I thought KWC, but looking at the demonstration it does not look like the fabric goes hard, indeed they made a right point of it not getting hard.
So was seriously wondering if this would be a good thing

That is certainly what I thought KWC, but looking at the demonstration it does not look like the fabric goes hard, indeed they made a right point of it not getting hard.
So was seriously wondering if this would be a good thing

Could be worth a try then but if a hard to reach place, just bear in mind that even if the product works fine, if you make a hash of applying it, you've still pooped up the lining.......not that I wish to sound overly-pessimistic or anything! :mysmilie_34:

Have you got a competent OH (not that I'm suggesting you're not, I just know I'm not!) that you can shove bag & glue stuff at with simple instructions to 'Fix.....fix now!'? :mysmilie_17:

Could be worth a try then but if a hard to reach place, just bear in mind that even if the product works fine, if you make a hash of applying it, you've still pooped up the lining.......not that I wish to sound overly-pessimistic or anything! :mysmilie_34:

Have you got a competent OH (not that I'm suggesting you're not, I just know I'm not!) that you can shove bag & glue stuff at with simple instructions to 'Fix.....fix now!'? :mysmilie_17:

My husband, bless him, would try. BUT: in our house: if anything needs fixing, it has to be me :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17: I have even taken a door out, bricked up the hole, and plastered it and wall papered. However, he does gardening and painting, and anything to do with computers/technology so not completely useless :mysmilie_17:

My husband, bless him, would try. BUT: in our house: if anything needs fixing, it has to be me :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17: I have even taken a door out, bricked up the hole, and plastered it and wall papered. However, he does gardening and painting, and anything to do with computers/technology so not completely useless :mysmilie_17:

Gosh, you are clever - I'm almost completely useless at, well, completely everything!
Luckily, I have an OH who can open/glue/mend/dismantle/reassemble/wire/plumb/paint/cut/repair virtually anything you care to name! :mysmilie_17:
You'll probably manage fine then......I'd still be tempted to experiment on a cheapo bag from the charity first though!

I've never tried it but someone, I'm fairly sure it was Snoopy,started a thread and wrote a glowing report on it not long ago....you might be able to find it...

thank you Artemis, I will have a look
I really miss the thank you button

Star - if you decide to go for it, will you let us know how you get on with it, as if it really does work (& is relatively easy to use!), it could actually be a really useful item?

Have just ordered it, will try it on something else before I get it anywhere near my beloved Chloe, and promise to report back on it.
:mysmilie_687: to you both

other sites have a caution re the product

Caution: This product may not be suitable for thin or light-coloured materials. Always test on a small area first

KWC I read your post twice I was so gobsmacked at get a man to do it, I really was.

I was just wondering if the tear is vertically in the fabric or parallel to a horizontal seam? If the latter in particular I would be very careful about using the pocket in future in case of a second tear, I'd put stuff in a pouch or similar before putting anything back.

KWC I read your post twice I was so gobsmacked at get a man to do it, I really was.

I was just wondering if the tear is vertically in the fabric or parallel to a horizontal seam? If the latter in particular I would be very careful about using the pocket in future in case of a second tear, I'd put stuff in a pouch or similar before putting anything back.

thank you for all of your help and advise.

Its a small vertical rip, right in the corner of the bottom if that makes any sense. A sharp pair of tweezerman are to blame, not me of course!:mysmilie_17:
I just do not want it to get any bigger, or something else getting caught up in it and making it bigger

What can I say Vampy - if I was stuck facing a raging river or something, I could probably mentally rustle up enough applied physics to construct a bridge or whatever.......I just don't want to, I'm inherently lazy!
I'm happy to sit outside my cave in my simple 'nothing more complicated than berry gathering' role when I have a large (& highly competent!) hunter gatherer to fetch/make/mend stuff for me - why would I want to do it myself, or even learn how to......! :mysmilie_17:

when I have a large (& highly competent!) hunter gatherer to fetch/make/mend stuff for me - why would I want to do it myself, or even learn how to......! :mysmilie_17:
Lucky puss. I could easily revert to a helpless wench with one of those around. What bliss!! :mysmilie_374:

It was Snoopy who bought it and was very pleased with it, I think he repaired a rip on his leather sofa with it. I'd also be really interested on what you think of it Star, as I've ripped my suede jacket and was wondering about trying it.

It was Snoopy who bought it and was very pleased with it, I think he repaired a rip on his leather sofa with it. I'd also be really interested on what you think of it Star, as I've ripped my suede jacket and was wondering about trying it.

watch this space :mysmilie_17:, should be here in 5-t working days, and I promise to report back:mysmilie_61:

As promised I can now report back that the stuff is brilliant.

A) it arrived Sat!!!!! ( although again shoved under the bush outside as we were out).
B) Have fixed my beloved Chloe, and you would not even notice!!!!!!
C) I have also glued a markon boot, which had ripped next to the stiching on the swede part. Great job, you can only see it if you look very closely, BUT I can wear them again.
D) I have also fixed a pair of leather shoes, where the embellishment at the front had come away.
Wore the boots yesterday all day and it did not come apart even though I would expect it gets a lot of stress on that bit when you walk.
Waiting now to buy a new pair of trousers so I can take them up with that instead of having to sew.
I think the stuff is brilliant.

Latest posts

Back