Has he no scruples?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

scarlethammer

Registered Shopper
Any gardener worth his or her salt would know that lilies can be harmful to pets.
The gnome, when asked if the Calla Lilies that he was flogging this morning were a danger to animals, claimed that he was not aware of any such danger. This really beggars belief. We're all used to his exaggerated and false claims, but it now seems that this shameless little man is now putting making a quick buck above pet safety. Has he no scruples?

They are poisonous to cats and dogs - he should know by now.
I binned the lilies in our garden, bought from QVC years ago when one of my forum friends lost her kitten due to lily pollen. My cats don't go out apart from in and out of the cat run, but numerous other cats come in to our garden to say hello.

Last edited:
He's been in the gardening trade for how many years ?? and doesn't know the simplest and most dangerous thing to know about lillies ??? he certainly know about flogging his ****** Flower power though ! odious little man.

Any gardener worth his or her salt would know that lilies can be harmful to pets.
The gnome, when asked if the Calla Lilies that he was flogging this morning were a danger to animals, claimed that he was not aware of any such danger. This really beggars belief. We're all used to his exaggerated and false claims, but it now seems that this shameless little man is now putting making a quick buck above pet safety. Has he no scruples?

This little gnome has said in the past many times that lillies bar harmful to pets so he is a lying money grabbing shortarsed toe rag.

That's like Debie Flint, she read a tweet out by mistake asking do Gatin no test on animals, her reply and I quote "I don't think so" she was on her own doing a clearance hour, I was so annoyed by it that I tracked her website down, I don't do Twitter or Facebook and I knew QVC wouldn't pass it on. I was polite and informed her to do her own research by checking with PETA and she'll find it was, I also told her that I thought she'd be aware after all these years working with them. She emailed me back with a sarcastic answer, thanking me and said it must have took you a long time typing that (she was being sarcastic) so I messaged her back saying, no Ms Flint, only took me twent seconds. So the presenters are liars and wouldn't believe anything that came out their mouths.

I agree. There's a vast difference between :

(A) embellishing or stretching the truth, to which 2nd rate salespeople resort because they don't research or understand the real benefits and attributes of a product
(B) lying about an unpalatable truth which could have serious consequences or would go against the purchasers 'beliefs'

Sounds a bit pompous but you know what I'm trying to say.

This is mentioned endlessly on their Facebook page every time he is on selling lilies. The other week a guest did say about them being a danger and people praised them for doing so.

I'm not saying he has scruples and I wouldn't know if Cala lilies are poisonous but they're a completely different species from the grandiflora type of lilies that most definitely are poisonous to cats. Cala lilies are zantedeschia not lilium.

Then he should state that. As I said I had no idea whether they were or weren't poisonous but they're not the same plant so that's where my confusion would be. But I'm not on selly telly flogging them. :eek:)

That's like Debie Flint, she read a tweet out by mistake asking do Gatin no test on animals, her reply and I quote "I don't think so" she was on her own doing a clearance hour, I was so annoyed by it that I tracked her website down, I don't do Twitter or Facebook and I knew QVC wouldn't pass it on. I was polite and informed her to do her own research by checking with PETA and she'll find it was, I also told her that I thought she'd be aware after all these years working with them. She emailed me back with a sarcastic answer, thanking me and said it must have took you a long time typing that (she was being sarcastic) so I messaged her back saying, no Ms Flint, only took me twent seconds. So the presenters are liars and wouldn't believe anything that came out their mouths.

What a cow ! clearly doesn't like to be wrong then ! perhaps we ought to bombard her with emails just to prove that we aren't all joined at the hip to smartphones and tablets, and that the world of Twatter /Facebook/ Instagram is not the Holy Grail to many of us !!

What a cow ! clearly doesn't like to be wrong then ! perhaps we ought to bombard her with emails just to prove that we aren't all joined at the hip to smartphones and tablets, and that the world of Twatter /Facebook/ Instagram is not the Holy Grail to many of us !!

She certainly is Brissles, In hind sight I should've kept the email, but in true Flint style she was sarcastic, insulting and trying to be funny with it, so I just replied no it only took twenty seconds, then deleted it becaus I'd said my bit. I knew she'd come back with something like that from what I'd read about her.

They are poisonous to cats and dogs - he should know by now.
I binned the lilies in our garden, bought from QVC years ago when one of my forum friends lost her kitten due to lily pollen. My cats don't go out apart from in and out of the cat run, but numerous other cats come in to our garden to say hello.

How sad :sad: for your friend!

I think he ought to warn viewers that if they cut the lilies for displays, the stamen with the pollen need to be handled carefully as they stain clothes and surfaces and are almost impossible to remove.

I can't stand lilies so wouldn't have them around the place. However, in answer to your question - no, he has no scruples.

I think it is time someone took madam down a peg or two :mysmilie_455: She is getting too big for her boots. She did not have to add that last few words, did she?
Well done for saying what you did, shopperholic:mysmilie_866:
I am sick of her and Catherine telling viewers to ring Liverpool for sizes.
It is the presenters and guests job to tell us the sizes.
The fact is, the call center people do not know the sizes, all they do is look up the items on their computer, like we do and if the sizes are not on the web page, they are just as lost as we are!

Then he should state that. As I said I had no idea whether they were or weren't poisonous but they're not the same plant so that's where my confusion would be. But I'm not on selly telly flogging them. :eek:)

He is paid to know things like that, Tinkerbelle, and he has plenty of time to find out because usually he is standing around like a chocolate fireguard while the guest and presenter do most of the work.
I just cannot understand why there are two presenters on QVC gardening programs. I wonder if he has shares in QVC,... he is labelled a presenter, but always has another presenter to hold his hand and he flogs so many of his products on the Q :wonder:

He is paid to know things like that, Tinkerbelle, and he has plenty of time to find out because usually he is standing around like a chocolate fireguard while the guest and presenter do most of the work.
I just cannot understand why there are two presenters on QVC gardening programs. I wonder if he has shares in QVC,... he is labelled a presenter, but always has another presenter to hold his hand and he flogs so many of his products on the Q :wonder:

Yep, as I've said before, I have never learned one single thing about gardening from watching the pointless little twerp, not one! Now that must be some kind of record as I have watched a lot of pointless people on QVC, yet still managed to glean the odd tiny gem (in amongst all the carp & waffle) of useful info from pretty much all of them!

:tongue:

I also think he has influence at Q. Whoever is on with him, they seem to defer to him as though he is the Oracle and every word that comes from his mouth is precious. Gives a new meaning to the term sycophant, and the way the "Garden Guru" acts gives the impression that his tail is wagging the dog: you feel he knows he's non-stick.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back