Have a good Christmas everyone!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Phew that Christmas is over for another year!
Now we are in Twixtmas as we brace ourselves for the forced/enforced/faux jollity of New Year celebrations.
So in the run up to Christmas one dear friend with a broken femur meaning an over Christmas holiday stay, a loved one with a broken thumb and several false starts for an operation to stabilise the joint... finally done yesterday... and I have a mammogram tomorrow! Too much hospitalling for my liking!

I have a large family and like to buy ‘a little something” for the adults but more on my 6 great nieces and nephews (all under 10 and next Christmas there should be at least one more !) This year I cut my budget by 25% but it bought me even less.

Everyone loved their presents, nobody was the slightest bit disappointed I’d spent less (don’t think they even noticed). I will trim the budget a bit more next year.

I went away my first Christmas ‘alone’ for many years, except I wasn’t alone because I met some lovely people and new friends.If you can do it but are nervous about taking that step, please don’t.I admit I am more outgoing and used to travelling, but give it a go, maybe just a few days nearer home?

I went away my first Christmas ‘alone’ for many years, except I wasn’t alone because I met some lovely people and new friends.If you can do it but are nervous about taking that step, please don’t.I admit I am more outgoing and used to travelling, but give it a go, maybe just a few days nearer home?
Good for you! I've only just started going abroad on my own which was pretty scary but my confidence is increasing and I've booked a week's cruise next year. I haven't got to the stage of going away on my own for Christmas but I like the idea of it. Maybe next year...

Latest posts

Back