Have QVC Stopped Christmas in July

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ah that’s a shame - but I can well imagine!

I used to say I didn’t want to think about Christmas until December but that’s not realistic for me to manage presents etc so maybe I’ll wait til Nov like you!
Nowadays I don`t do pre Christmas stress. I never watch Q`s Christmas shows because they are like groundhog day and we`re all forewarned that Christmas happens on the same date every year so nothing new there. As I sail through the year and might see a voucher code here or a website there or an item in a shop or craft market, then I collect items as I go along. I have a large box in the back bedroom and just pop items into it.
Mr V and I are both pensioners and even though we`re hardly counting every penny, we don`t go overboard buying for others. We both have grand children who we spend the most on and I always ask my DIL what to get for my 2 granddaughters (so no expensive mistakes) and Mr V always gives money to his grandkids because all bar one of them are working, earn their own money, own their own cars etc and extra money for treats or clothes is always welcome.
As for gifts for our children (all middle aged now) and their partners or a couple of close friends I buy for, well I set a budget and stick to it and even though I may not spend a fortune I try to put a lot of thought into the gifts. Throughout the year something somewhere will always catch my eye and one of my sons and his partner are keen cooks, foodies and grow a lot of their own stuff so I tend to buy them a joint gift either for their kitchen, garden or to eat or drink. Last year it was a lovely champagne bucket, 2 vintage champagne saucers and of course a bottle of champagne which between them both stayed within my budget. The champagne saucers were beautiful, unusual, no chips or damage and cost me £2 each from a local PDSA shop. I found a lovely gift box for them, wrapped them in tissue paper and along with the champagne bucket (another bargain found elsewhere and brand new ) they looked the part.
I do the same with Christmas food as I do with gifts. A couple of months before Christmas I buy extra foodie treats, either freeze them or stick them in my Christmas box and then the only things I need to buy last minute are items such as fresh fruit and veg, cream and cheeses etc etc. Consequently the most stressful part of Christmas for me is the gift wrapping which I hate with a passion and so I use plenty of tissue paper and stuff items into gift bags or boxes.

Anybody else think Christmas in July was rather like hitting customer/viewers with a verbal hammar 🔨 constant mentioning of ezpay it’s ridiculous.
How much tat have they got in the warehouse?
You can buy most of this stuff on the high street or with other online retailers much cheaper and no postal charges.
Rather an own goal is shopping TV 📺 dieing because of out of date presentations and products,plus presenters who can’t be bothered to give out the correct information and sizes,food items costing probably one families budget for food for a week, not living in the real world.
QVC it’s July not December 🙉🙊🙈

The other “mistake” about having it in July is that the 60 mag will have expired by Christmas so, if anything is faulty, you won’t be covered. Someone on one of the shows yesterday suggested that, if it was for a gift, then you try it out first before giving it to the recipient. I’m sure that we’d all like something that has been opened, tried and wrapped up again. 😳

The best bet is to wait until after Christmas when it goes into the sale because, let’s face it, some of the products are still being rolled out from a few Christmases ago. 🙄

I hate to think how many people have bought loads on the 4EZPays as well. With fuel costs due to hike again in October, I just hope they’ll be able to afford to pay those bills, as well as their QVC ones.

Maybe some gas and electricity vouchers that's how dreadful the cost of living madness it

Latest posts

Back