Have QVC Stopped Christmas in July

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think the headquarters is in Royston - or it used to be...
Didn’t know they had a shop there?

But pre Covid,my mum and her friend headed up to Huntington where they have a factory and there was a factory shop where they had bags of chocolate which was really good value and delicious :)
She got me a milk and nut based one which is my favourite combo!
Yes the main headquarters is in Royston it’s not an outlet
My neighbour knows the boss and gets his supply from there as they do the marketing from there so have stock he rang to see if we could go 🙂 we got a great selection
Good to have neighbours with contacts lol

Yes the main headquarters is in Royston it’s not an outlet
My neighbour knows the boss and gets his supply from there as they do the marketing from there so have stock he rang to see if we could go 🙂 we got a great selection
Good to have neighbours with contacts lol
Wow good neighbour to have!

But now I’m confused!

You said before
“Neighbour said the company is only down the road
So we took a 15 min drive
They had a little shop at the side
We picked out a few collections and they worked out just over half the price qvc were charging“...

So where was it that had the little shop at the side?!

The two factory outlet shops I know of are in Huntington and I think St Neots (not been to that one!) but think I need to see if mum fancies a trip to Hunts again for me!

Think they told her best time to visit the shop was after Christmas or Easter?

I think the headquarters is in Royston - or it used to be...
Didn’t know they had a shop there?

But pre Covid,my mum and her friend headed up to Huntington where they have a factory and there was a factory shop where they had bags of chocolate which was really good value and delicious :)
She got me a milk and nut based one which is my favourite combo!
Ah, Huntingdon (or St Neots) would make more sense for the factory shop.
I’m pretty sure if it was in Royston I’d have known about it and popped in on visiting “home”…..(or maybe not, I can be very dense at times. 😏)
When they first started up I did two nights working there (was with a temp work agency very briefly). Piles of misshapes etc in the staff break room.

Last edited:
Wow good neighbour to have!

But now I’m confused!

You said before
“Neighbour said the company is only down the road
So we took a 15 min drive
They had a little shop at the side
We picked out a few collections and they worked out just over half the price qvc were charging“...

So where was it that had the little shop at the side?!

The two factory outlet shops I know of are in Huntington and I think St Neots (not been to that one!) but think I need to see if mum fancies a trip to Hunts again for me!

Think they told her best time to visit the shop was after Christmas or Easter?
Sorry for confusion
It was not a shop like an outlet it was where they had samples for trade we where only allowed in as neighbour arranged it
It was set up like a shop with different displays and boxes for the chocolates
My hubby wanted to know if they wanted permanent testers lol

Bit early for Christmas movies
I used to love watching the films while making cards or doing the tree but when hubby retired it was a big no no
Don’t watch shopping channels anymore as they don’t have the excitement of the early days when I would stay up for the TSV

I can watch Christmas Movies anytime of the year, but Christmas in july...not for me.

Sorry for confusion
It was not a shop like an outlet it was where they had samples for trade we where only allowed in as neighbour arranged it
It was set up like a shop with different displays and boxes for the chocolates
My hubby wanted to know if they wanted permanent testers lol
Aha!
Didn’t like to think I was missing out on an outlet shop!
But good find for you ;)

Ah, Huntingdon (or St Neots) would make more sense for the factory shop.
I’m pretty sure if it was in Royston I’d have known about it and popped in on visiting “home”…..(or maybe not, I can be very dense at times. 😏)
When they first started up I did two nights working there (was with a temp work agency very briefly). Piles of misshapes etc in the staff break room.
Ooh that sounds like a good job! Though not sure even good chocolate would persuade me to work night shift, tho I am usually up all nights anyway!

Am not in Royston not too far and I’d get someone to make the journey for me! X

Our neighbours have found us great places to eat too
Places we have never heard of
Rather expensive for regular visits but nice for a special occasion
“That’s when good neighbours become good friends!”
(To quote the Neighnours theme tune!
Not watched it in 2 decades but last ever episode this week...!)

I was on maternity leave when it started
And when daughter stated nursery in the afternoons From 1pm
I used to run home to watch the 1.30 episode got very annoyed if one of the other mums wanted to chat as I knew I would get a chance to watch the 5.30 repeat
Not sure when I stopped watching it think it was when Harold Bishop went missing

Last edited:
Last year I felt that QVC spoilt Christmas for me a bit. Totally my own fault for having it on in the background so much, but the constant drip drip drip of Christmas from the middle of July meant I was a bit sick of it all September, never mind December. I've promised myself to turn any Christmas programming off until at least the middle of November.

I was on maternity leave when it started
And when daughter stated nursery in the afternoons From 1pm
I used to run home to watch the 1.30 episode got very annoyed if one of the other mums wanted to chat as I knew I would get a chance to watch the 5.30 repeat
Not sure when I stopped watching it think it was when Harold Bishop went missing
Ahh happy memories!

I’m not sure when it started but I used to watch it back in the day with mum and when we went to stay, with my Grannie - we used to have the 5:30 one on in the kitchen whilst we began prepping dinner veg etc!

She died twenty years ago and still remember it as special time - esp as it was so not my Grannie’s thing!

Will you watch the last episode?!

Last year I felt that QVC spoilt Christmas for me a bit. Totally my own fault for having it on in the background so much, but the constant drip drip drip of Christmas from the middle of July meant I was a bit sick of it all September, never mind December. I've promised myself to turn any Christmas programming off until at least the middle of November.
Ah that’s a shame - but I can well imagine!

I used to say I didn’t want to think about Christmas until December but that’s not realistic for me to manage presents etc so maybe I’ll wait til Nov like you!

Its about time they stopped all this nonsense. Abbi Horne and her ****** pop up Christmas Trees, Gill Gaunt and her poundstretcher tat for inside and out. Alison Cork and her 'designs' that she's bought wholesale from China - (no doubt competing for shipping space with Julien McDonald).

...Don't forget Amanda Holdens tat, you can tell her shipping container from the rest because it's pink, Ronald McDonalds is covered in Diamonique and Alison Cork's has Conservative Party logo's all over it with Boris Johnsons face on it. 😋

They were at pains to emphasise that this is their biggest ever Christmas in July event! Cue all the studio crew dressed up as elves and periodically being dragged on camera during Jill Franks' Centigrade hour with a new guest presenter called Emma Lightbown. I wonder if she will be sharing duties with Glenn Campbell? Or has Glenn's graduation to doing other brands left a vacancy?
Emma Lightbown seems dedicated to her job of describing the clothes meticulously, but.... too much hyperbole. Just state the facts, m'aam. Otherwise you'll come off as an insincere parrot like Ophelia.

Ahh happy memories!

I’m not sure when it started but I used to watch it back in the day with mum and when we went to stay, with my Grannie - we used to have the 5:30 one on in the kitchen whilst we began prepping dinner veg etc!

She died twenty years ago and still remember it as special time - esp as it was so not my Grannie’s thing!

Will you watch the last episode?!

Latest posts

Back