Helene Berman TSV 16/10/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw the demo but did not realise that there were no buttons. Absolutely stupid to have a long winter coat that doesn't do up at all. Honestly, I don't understand the thinking. It's not a cardigan that you wear indoors. One may not wear a coat done up all the time but surely you would want the option - even one button somewhere in the front!
Maybe the heavily discounted price was for those of us handy with a needle and thread to put our own buttons on.

When I started work in 1974 Mum took me shopping to get a “good coat”. We found a pure wool coat in Wallis with a good amount of wrap-over in the front, buttons from the collar to a few inches from the hem. An inverted pleat in the back so it hung nicely and didn’t cling around my hips and bottom. No vent.

Can’t remember how much it cost but it was expensive. It lasted me at least 10 years -I looked after it properly and it always looked like new. Sadly it was damaged by moth and had to go.

Helene Berman’s coats look shoddy compared to my old coat.

I've still got a C&A pure wool swing charcoal coat that must be all of fifteen years old, judging by when C&A closed down. To buy that new, I'd hate to think how much it would cost - upwards of £250 maybe? It's as warm as toast, and the style has accommodated my increased clothes sizes. Yes, plural. :(

When I started work in 1974 Mum took me shopping to get a “good coat”. We found a pure wool coat in Wallis with a good amount of wrap-over in the front, buttons from the collar to a few inches from the hem. An inverted pleat in the back so it hung nicely and didn’t cling around my hips and bottom. No vent.

Can’t remember how much it cost but it was expensive. It lasted me at least 10 years -I looked after it properly and it always looked like new. Sadly it was damaged by moth and had to go.

Helene Berman’s coats look shoddy compared to my old coat.
I'm glad you mentioned the wrap around. I've noticed that most, if not all coats on QVC scrimp on this. It's a useless coat if it doesn't have front buttons or if the designers have saved costs by giving the coat a miserly wrap around.

Latest posts

Back