Hello, I'm new!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Almerinda:hi:... you'll have a blast ... and learn lots and save a fortune ... this forum is far more entertaining than most tv especially qvc

welcome.jpg

Hi Almerinda:hi:... you'll have a blast ... and learn lots and save a fortune ... this forum is far more entertaining than most tv especially qvc

And a very big :hi: from me.

Gracie T is so right: the suggestions of many of the posters have, over the last few months, saved me money by pointing me in the right direction. The humour is great, and the forum IS far more entertaining than most TV shows. I would go so far as to suggest that were QVC to hire some of our posters to present the shows more people would watch.

Mention must be made of the Farts - posters who help us live within our means by not falling for the lastest TSV/ beauty product/whatever.

So, Almerinda, sit back and enjoy.:wave2::wave2::glass::glass::giggle::giggle::grin::grin:

FARTS, enlighten me please.

It's Forumites Against Reckless TSV Spending

We do this all over the board really, but it's a dedicated thread for talking each other out of knee-jerk shopping reactions based on sophisticated selling techniques rather than our own needs and wishes. Loveheart is Head of F.A.R.T. Enforcement - she's the queen of Tough Love and V dedicated to the cause and i don't know what we'd all do without her. . BakerGirl is The Anti-F.A.R.T (who is brill at getting me to F.A.R.T. weirdly - I'm a bit of a weak F.A.R.T. sadly. :() Plus there's VALM and Plint, and Donna, Brenny, LE lover, - loads of us really. Plenty of people have a F.A.R.T from time to time, and I am V proud that "Farting" has acquired a whole new meaning on Shopping telly.com!

The idea is that if we stop buying useless tat we'll have more money to spend on the things we really want to buy!

Here's the link:

http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13614

Last edited:
I see!
I am actually quite good at not buying. In fact have a certain sort of sadistic pleasure in not buying the things that I would have bought without hesitation 2 years ago. For instance, I would buy a Liz Earle TSV irrespective of whether I had products left in my bathroom cabinet. Now I think, I have a container of Cleanse and Polish, do I need another jar of moisturiser right now or can I wait for a month?
I have also stopped buying make-up TSV's unless there are more than three things that I need. For instance, I bought the Gayle Hayman TSV a little while ago because I love both lip and eye lift and had always wanted to try the coloured versions of the former. There was a cleanser and a moisturiser too so I will actually use all of the products eventually. On the other hand I resisited the Laura Geller one because there was nothing in it that I actually needed.
As things run out I treat myself and iif I get really desperate I buy useful things under the pretence that they are for my husband. Easyo yougurt and a drinking water filter for example.
Another trick is to to hold off for an hour and if you really, really want the item you can order it then. If you are lucky it will be out of stock!! Waitlist is good too because it gives you time to cool off!

Last edited:
I see!
I am actually quite good at not buying. In fact have a certain sort of sadistic pleasure in not buying the things that I would have bought without hesitation 2 years ago. For instance, I would buy a Liz Earle TSV irrespective of whether I had products left in my bathroom cabinet. Now I think, I have a container of Cleanse and Polish, do I need another jar of moisturiser right now or can I wait for a month?
I have also stopped buying make-up TSV's unless there are more than three things that I need. For instance, I bought the Gayle Hayman TSV a little while ago because I love both lip and eye lift and had always wanted to try the coloured versions of the former. There was a cleanser and a moisturiser too so I will actually use all of the products eventually. On the other hand I resisited the Laura Geller one because there was nothing in it that I actually needed.
As things run out I treat myself and iif I get really desperate I buy useful things under the pretence that they are for my husband. Easyo yougurt and a drinking water filter for example.
Another trick is to to hold off for an hour and if you really, really want the item you can order it then. If you are lucky it will be out of stock!! Waitlist is good too because it gives you time to cool off!

You are a better woman than me honey. I can see that we need you in the F.A.R.T.S. in an advisory capacity! :D I still go "But Alison said it was about to go limited...." and have to be physically restrained from positively cartwheeling over to the phone(s)! :eek: ;)

Can you really do cartwheels!!!
I have the phone sitting on the arm of the sofa and I swear that it dials Q cut all on it's own. A bit like that illness where your hand smacks total strangers or drinks too many tequila's without your consent. Alien phone syndrome.

Can you really do cartwheels!!!
I have the phone sitting on the arm of the sofa and I swear that it dials Q cut all on it's own. A bit like that illness where your hand smacks total strangers or drinks too many tequila's without your consent. Alien phone syndrome.

Ooh me too. It's nice to know that there's an actual medical diagnosis for what's known around here as "Clicky Finger" :D

It'll be to do with the two side of our brains not communicating properly I expect and nothing whatsoever to do with being weak willed wussies in the face of any kind of sales techniques! :grin:

Latest posts

Back