Help! I'm tempted to buy something.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

awww sorry you feel so down LH
its not good when the weathers so bad and its cold and dark outside
I had a sort out last week and was ashamed at all the make up creams lotions and potions I have amassed over time
its all on show in a wicker basket,every time I go in the bathroom it reminds me not to buy any more!!!
take care x

:mysmilie_687: I'm sure loads of us are feeling down. Roll on the summer!
I'm glad you aren't spending Queenie.

:mysmilie_687: I'm sure loads of us are feeling down. Roll on the summer!
I'm glad you aren't spending Queenie.

its my birthday today so I quite like the cold, sorry !! (I have kept it quiet as I am now over 40 and feel a bit sad about that !!)
I am trying to curb my spending LH
I also love summer,have been looking at brochures for this August :mysmilie_61:

Thanks BG, you remind me of Jimini Cricket sitting on my shoulder giving me advise. I will pop into Boots tomorrow and I will have the pick of the shop for a lot less than £20.00. :mysmilie_61:

That mascara gets good reviews. I had tried the small sample version that came in one of the free gifts when you spent x amount of £s but it wasn't the waterproof version. I don't do a lot of crying but better to be prepared. :mysmilie_697: I have a few YSL mascaras as well but the No7 is my favourite.

It's 3 for 2 on No7 at the moment so if you are tempted don't buy their version of LE C&P. It's rubbish. The Revitalising Hand Saviour is quite good.

That mascara gets good reviews. I had tried the small sample version that came in one of the free gifts when you spent x amount of £s but it wasn't the waterproof version. I don't do a lot of crying but better to be prepared. :mysmilie_697: I have a few YSL mascaras as well but the No7 is my favourite.

It's 3 for 2 on No7 at the moment so if you are tempted don't buy their version of LE C&P. It's rubbish. The Revitalising Hand Saviour is quite good.

Thanks BG, very informative.:mysmilie_12:

Didn't see your post until this morning Loveheart. Pleased to see that you managed to resist and am sorry that I wasn't around to bolster the advice given by the others.
What a lovely bunch of farters you all are!!! If you are all as supportive in real life you must be a joy to know.

Yes, yes we are. :D :mysmilie_61:

OR maybe...we're just really good at nagging! :mysmilie_61:

We've got to support our Loveheart haven't we? :mysmilie_1209: She's been there for all of us. (me especially. :eek:)

PS Loveheart, I bought my Lash Accelerator with points cos as BetLynch so rightly says Points are for treats!

PPS BakerGirl are you magic? We just call your name and up you pop! :mysmilie_17: Where've you been girl?! I haven't seen you about v much.

Yes, yes we are. :D :mysmilie_61:

OR maybe...we're just really good at nagging! :mysmilie_61:

We've got to support our Loveheart haven't we? :mysmilie_1209: She's been there for all of us. (me especially. :eek:)

PS Loveheart, I bought my Lash Accelerator with points cos as BetLynch so rightly says Points are for treats!

PPS BakerGirl are you magic? We just call your name and up you pop! :mysmilie_17: Where've you been girl?! I haven't seen you about v much.

Thank you for your support LA'k, I'm over the worst of it now. All my lovely forum friends have been a great help during my little wobble yesterday.
The lash acelerator sounds lovely, maybe one day I will treat myself.
As for Bakergirl, I don't know how she does it. I thought she was like Jimini Cricket but now I think she is like Beetlejuice. You say her name 3 times and up she pops.

Thank you for your support LA'k, I'm over the worst of it now. All my lovely forum friends have been a great help during my little wobble yesterday.
As for Bakergirl, I don't know how she does it. I thought she was like Jimini Cricket but now I think she is like Beetlejuice. You say her name 3 times and up she pops.

:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_348:Save up those points LH! A totally guilt free beauty splurge is the best thing ever!

I can just see us next time we have a F.A.R.T crisis bellowing "BakerGirl" three times to see if we can make her appear! :mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_348:Save up those points LH! A totally guilt free beauty splurge is the best thing ever!

I can just see us next time we have a F.A.R.T crisis bellowing "BakerGirl" three times to see if we can make her appear! :mysmilie_17:

Oh dear, I don't want to have a f.a.r.t crisis. Sound serious. What about windeeze?:mysmilie_17:

I am glad I do not work with you lot. I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face not even for a nanosecond.

Please could someone explain the Farting thing?!

I watched a couple of hours of the beauty channel in bed last night, I could have bought a few things, but I resisted... this time! You all seem like a like-minded bunch, I feel quite at home here already!!

Sarah xx

Please could someone explain the Farting thing?!

I watched a couple of hours of the beauty channel in bed last night, I could have bought a few things, but I resisted... this time! You all seem like a like-minded bunch, I feel quite at home here already!!

Sarah xx

Hi Mibette, welcome to the forum. F.A.R.Ting is Forumites Against Reckless Tsv Spending. It was a thread started by our glorious leader Love A'kin who is a lovely lady but unfortunately for a while she did not practice what she preached so I had to relieve her of her duties temporarily. Due to some non delivery of some items Love A'kin is no longer spending on QVC and has been restored to her former glory. F.a.r.ting is the act of not buying something TSV or anything that you don't need or have a huge stockpile of. Most of us will always try to help someone who is waivering or needs help to stop spending although there are a few who will actively encourage you to spend.
I hope that helps you.

Loveheart my treasure, you know I am rubbish at this self denial stuff, but I shall try and channel you and BakerGirl for a sec and say:

£22.45 for a mascara and a bunch of nothing much? Not likely my love?! :mysmilie_541:

That is what it's all about - teamwork! :mysmilie_82:

Missed me??? Haven't been doing much surfing. I've been putting in extra hours at work and I'm knackered by the time I get home. Off tomorrow though as I have a few appointments.

Loveheart, well resisted, although as I often say to my darling other half if he makes a teeny weeny comment about any of my purchases - 'it's not what you need - it's what you want.' Having said that I am making a big effort to stop buying 'stuff' that I really don't need. In fact I hereby take the vow of f.a.r.t.ing to ensure I am no longer tempted. And with you all to keep me on the straight and narrow I am confident my tat-buying days are (almost) behind me. Well..... you can never say never......

Loveheart, well resisted, although as I often say to my darling other half if he makes a teeny weeny comment about any of my purchases - 'it's not what you need - it's what you want.' Having said that I am making a big effort to stop buying 'stuff' that I really don't need. In fact I hereby take the vow of f.a.r.t.ing to ensure I am no longer tempted. And with you all to keep me on the straight and narrow I am confident my tat-buying days are (almost) behind me. Well..... you can never say never......

Hi addy, glad to have you as part of the f.a.r.ting fraternity.:mysmilie_696: The more the merrier.

Latest posts

Back