Help please. I need an alternative to Philosophy Supernatural

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
I've been using Philosophy Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas for a couple of years now and it's one of the best products I've EVER had. It's a powder/concealer/foundation all in one but comes as a powder in a little pot. I'm getting very nervous:sad:because I'm nearly at the end of it and although they've got the dark one still on the site, it looks like the beige shade that I use is sold out and not coming back:sad:
I've looked online for alternative sites that may have it in the UK but no luck, I'm not very good on computers so it could be that I'm just missing it somewhere.
My question is this.....do any of you know of a good alternative to this? I'm 55 and found it perfect for a "less is more" effect, gave me a lovely natural look with no clogging etc. I'd be very grateful for some advice with this:up:
PS I need a fairly pale shade

I love Philosophy Supernatural Poreless Flawless Primer and since QVC stopped it I have been ordering from Amazon in the USA. Delivery is quick and although the delivery charge isn't cheap, it is cheaper than trying loads of brands that never seem to match up. I have Benefit That Gal primer sometimes. I have checked amazon.ccom and your foundation is on there.

Have you tried smashbox halo? They sell it in my boots so if yours does then you may be able to try it out there. In my opinion it gives a natural look, I wear the light

I love Philosophy Supernatural Poreless Flawless Primer and since QVC stopped it I have been ordering from Amazon in the USA. Delivery is quick and although the delivery charge isn't cheap, it is cheaper than trying loads of brands that never seem to match up. I have Benefit That Gal primer sometimes. I have checked amazon.ccom and your foundation is on there.

Me 2 . I love that primer and haven't found it anywhere in the uk - will check out amazon.com - I've tried loads of other brands and nothing comes close

I've been using Philosophy Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas for a couple of years now and it's one of the best products I've EVER had. It's a powder/concealer/foundation all in one but comes as a powder in a little pot. I'm getting very nervous:sad:because I'm nearly at the end of it and although they've got the dark one still on the site, it looks like the beige shade that I use is sold out and not coming back:sad:
I've looked online for alternative sites that may have it in the UK but no luck, I'm not very good on computers so it could be that I'm just missing it somewhere.
My question is this.....do any of you know of a good alternative to this? I'm 55 and found it perfect for a "less is more" effect, gave me a lovely natural look with no clogging etc. I'd be very grateful for some advice with this:up:

Im sure on the last show the guest said they were reformulating it and it would be back soon

I went over to the Avon mineral one as I refused to pay the price for the Philosophy one any longer. They also do a money back guarantee as well. Do need to use a brush but the Avon one is £4.99 online at the moment. Sure it was beige I used in Philosophy and I use nude in the Avon one. HTH Edited to add I'm 50 and it's fine for me.

Last edited:
The Judith Williams magic make up has a very similar texture to philosophy supernatural from memory. It is one shade suits all even though it looks dark before it is applied. The finish is a natural glow too.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Rozzy is after the mineral powder Supernatural not the silicony primer in a tube. I gave up with BE minerals because it made my face look older (I'm 50) no matter how much I buffed, or used mineral veil under or over or used a primer. But I've got every avon foundation in shade "Shell" which is slightly pinker in tone (counteracts my v yellow skin) and is close to BE Medium (possibly slightly lighter). The Avon Mineral Powder is kinder to my lines and I really like its no-spill packaging. I'm not an Avon rep but it's only £4.99 atm http://avonshop.co.uk/product/make-up/face/avon-smooth-minerals-powder-foundation.html and you have 3 months MBG so well worth a try. (11% cash back thru Quidco for the next 5 days - usually 10%. If you sign up for emails they'll no doubt send you a discount code).

Another matt rather than silk finish powder foundation is one called "Sudden Glow" which used to be sold by infomercial and sometimes crops up on ebay Philosophy's beige would be the Light in this ( a v little goes a long way and it needs buffing like BE)

I have an old Jane Iredale mineral foundation in my stash but find it hard to use the smallest amount, too much and it looks almost metallic!

If I think of any other alternatives I'll pop back.

Jude xx

PS I couldn't get on with the sponge on top of the Philosophy Supernatural pot and had to decant into an old compact with mesh filter (hard to find but such a great way to carry minerals on the go in your bag).

Last edited:
Its awful when you find something you love and then they either discontinue it, reformulate it or you simply can`t find it. I`ve used a mineral powder foundation for years, the Maybelline one and its no longer made. Thankfully I can still find it on Ebay and Amazon but who knows for how long. I`m not far off 60 and I find it doesnt dry my skin, has good coverage, no irritation from it ( talc free, no perservatives in it etc ) and will be gutted when it disappears from the makeup world. I use the Dune shade but if you browse on Ebay and Amazon you`ll find several shades.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004FRCTTO/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Thanks so much all of you for your helpful replies, I've not got time now but I'll come back and re-read and act on your advice later. Thanks again:flower::flower::flower:

I hope you track down a supplier of the philosophy product or find a good alternative soon, it is frustrating when something is discontinued or altered. I wouldn't recommend Smashbox Halo anymore, the new formulation isn't a patch on the original!

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back