M asam magic finish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For around 30 years I've used Elizabeth Arden's Flawless Finish. Its a mousse foundation, and because so little is needed a container can last a year or more. Interesting to note that when I first started using it, it was under a tenner, now its around £27.

It goes on like air, and I never feel I'm 'wearing' make up, so there is no cakeyness or accentuating large pores, but still gives good coverage.

Does this mean Merryone is an Influencer?

Is she getting gallons of M Asam free? :p ;)
Well Merryone has just influenced me to try it!!! Damn it! I have loads of B&B but I often feel that I would like a bit of coverage when I go out for a walk looking half-dead but not wanting to do a full makeup. Oh well, what’s another £40 🤭.

Although it goes against my beliefs, that's exactly what I thought. The free p&p clinched it as had it been unsuitable I'd have only had to pay to return it. I prayed that I wouldn't need to return it, but if I did , they wouldn't charge silly money to send it back. Thankfully it suited me!
OMG. What a strange product. Firstly, it literally arrived 10 minutes ago so just put it on and can understand why it's called magic finish.

I would never have tried this product in a million years, if you hadn't posted, so yes, you are now elevated to 'influenster' status 😂😂😂

To come back down to earth.. re the colour. I'm currently self tanning my face and I can definitely see the colour demarcation on the back of my hand but it looks fine on my face so will need to see if it oxidises or whether the colour will suit me without self-tan. I'm very pale and pasty without. (for self tan I'm swapping between James Read express 20 and Amanda Harrington face shade Rose - highly recommend either but the AH buffer brush, while it works really well, does shed hairs, so could save money if you have a similar brush and disposable glove hanging around and look online for just the spray. I already use an old small brush for the JR as need to avoid pigmentation marks.. sorry, I digress).

One bit of advice. Don't leave this around small children. I was tempted to eat it as it looks like chocolate mousse lol

I'm going to play around with it and see how it goes. Right now, though, I'm glad I bought it. Thanks Merry.

Anyone with very sensitive skin on face got an opinion? Ta
I get eczema so I'm careful but its rarely caused by makeup or facial skincare but wouldn't risk overly perfumed products. Can't say what it's like in the long term as only got it today. If you are allergic or sensitive to some ingredients then it's worth checking them out.

I googled M. Asam to see who they are and gather they run a vineyard, hence the grape infused concoctions. But they also own Flora Mare! I quite liked that (well watching that chap at least) and, as with with Judith Williams, prefer the serums to the creams which can be a bit sticky. Wonder if M. Asam is the same.

I googled M. Asam to see who they are and gather they run a vineyard, hence the grape infused concoctions. But they also own Flora Mare! I quite liked that (well watching that chap at least) and, as with with Judith Williams, prefer the serums to the creams which can be a bit sticky. Wonder if M. Asam is the same.
Flora Mare well I never, now I thought I’d always been lead to believe it was
Axel’s very own brand. 🤔😮🙄

Well I’m coming in with another positive comment on this stuff, which I too would never have tried in a million years until Merryone reviewed it! I have terrible trouble getting a colour match in liquid foundations, either going too pale or an American tan very, very easily. That is one reason I stick like a clam to Laura Geller B&B as I can get just the right tone.

I was amazed that this apparent chocolate pudding just blended in to my colour. Now I wouldn’t use it in place of a full make up, but sometimes I go out for a walk locally and just have skincare and a primer. This is the perfect substitute for the primer. I have never got on with a CC or a BB cream but this gives me a bit of colour, helps cover the rosacea on my cheek and has a nice matte finish. A CC/BB will just roll off me. I suppose you could use it as a primer under B&B as well but haven’t tried that yet. In fact I still have a clear primer stash to use up!

So thanks for the heads up, Merryone. 😍

PS I reckon it looked like the same colour as B&B Medium does when I use it. I am currently using self tan, last years Tan Luxe TSV. Although the body oil is having some effect, the face serum has done little or nothing, so I reckon this product would have the same colour on me all year round.

Last edited:
I prefer M Asam to Judith Williams, I’ve been trying their new vitamin C range and my skin is loving it 😊 a good deal too for the moisturiser,serum,eye cream and hand cream, I may order another set.
Oh No! Now I want to buy that set having been on to check it out! That is a good deal though so here goes yet another unnecessary purchase…. I had better not come back onto this thread or I’ll be buying something else!!!!!!

Oh No! Now I want to buy that set having been on to check it out! That is a good deal though so here goes yet another unnecessary purchase…. I had better not come back onto this thread or I’ll be buying something else!!!!!!
Dare I say I ordered a duo of the vitamin C oil too.😊

I think I’m one of the few people around here who needs a foundation with a bit of a yellow tone. Do you think this Magic Finish thing would work on me? I mean, would it adapt to a yellow-toned skin? It looks a bit beige and beige foundations tend just to make me look orange.

I think I’m one of the few people around here who needs a foundation with a bit of a yellow tone. Do you think this Magic Finish thing would work on me? I mean, would it adapt to a yellow-toned skin? It looks a bit beige and beige foundations tend just to make me look orange.
Again who knows how the "magic" works?...you can only but try, and as I've said before in this thread this is a good time to use the mbg whilst it's on offer cause at worst you'd only have to stump up the return postage. If it suits you - even better!`

I probably lean towards a yellow tone skin, I tan easily so I am medium to tan in most foundation products. I agree it is easy to end up orange in some. I haven't used a full foundation for a very long time, no matter what I try, I revert to B&B or Balance and Glow most of the time and Tahitian Glow in the summer, as I don't like a flat matte finish on me. I had a small size of the magic finish with a Tili box (I think) and I felt it was also flat and matte on me, but I may have been heavy handed. On reflection, I also wear Ultrasun Tinted SPF30 Sunscreen every day, over my moisturiser, so that may affect how it applies on me.

Dare I say I ordered a duo of the vitamin C oil too.😊
Do you know I gave that a very hard look as well! At first I thought it was just a repair serum for specific outbreaks but I saw you could use it as a night oil too, and AD Skin Synergy oil is one of my favourite items so I wouldn’t mind giving this a go. What held me back was the dreaded word “retinol” so do please let me know how you get on with it.

I have to avoid yellow tones like the plague as those foundations just make me look totally sallow. However, I don’t know if any of that applies to this because it is supposed to adapt to everyone, no? I do think that if you got it and it wasn’t yellow enough, you could just use it as a primer though and put foundation on top.

I used this yesterday and I got very hot during my morning walk, and added just a dab more over the broken capillary which upsets me so much! I was quite surprised that this coverage remained for the rest of the day and there was a lot of colour removed which came off with my make up remover.

Mazza I have used the oil for a week now applying a few drops pressed into my face and neck before putting the serum on I then wait a few minutes before I apply the cream, I really think that the percentage of retinol is minimum so as not to affect the skin.😊

Thanks Lynn. I have decided to Nanny McFee myself now though because this week things are GETTING OUT OF HAND! Must stop buying…….. I thought to use this as a night oil in its own right, not in conjunction with any other serum or cream. Maybe this is in fact a more “serum level of application” product than a slaver it all over night oil. Hmm. I’ll have to think on.

Thanks Lynn. I have decided to Nanny McFee myself now though because this week things are GETTING OUT OF HAND! Must stop buying…….. I thought to use this as a night oil in its own right, not in conjunction with any other serum or cream. Maybe this is in fact a more “serum level of application” product than a slaver it all over night oil. Hmm. I’ll have to think on.
Yes I just do it this way because if I’m not wearing makeup I only cleanse my face in the morning, it is recommended to use at night, I should have added that I don’t have sensitive skin 😊

Latest posts

Back