Help - what would you keep?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mmmmmmm lots of different opinions!

Here's where I'm at:

Amber - I won't wear either so they're going back.

Rhodolite Garnet Necklace - probably won't sit straight and the stones are TOO dark. Going back.

Now the ring is another matter. I hate the central stone and even more so the awful diamonds. However, for those of you that know me, I am not adverse to keeping a setting and changing the gemstones. In this case, this ring is 10g of gold - there is absolutely no way I could buy a 10g setting for £147 so for the goldwork alone this ring is not overpriced. However, I need to add in the cost of replacing the diamonds (I probably have a central stone that I can replace the Kunzite with) to see if this is going to be cost effective. I need to ask a few peeps who make up my designs and I'll report back and let you know!

Thanks again for all your input.

ETA: Sacha - the Kunzite is over 5ct so not small!

sorry Meeshoo just read this thread!! Was going to suggest you send me the amber and the garnet pieces as presents and Kunzite back to rocks!!:33::53:

Meesh, I was going to suggest earlier keeping the ring and seeing about getting replacement diamonds set into it but read about the shank being wonky...hopefully you can get it "fixed" and have a fab ring worthy of your fingers:4:

Sorry Meeshoo, I don't like the ring at all. I'm not a fan of amber either, but they are quite pretty - will you wear them?? If not, send them home.

:doggie:

I'm glad you're not relying on me, coz I'd be torn myself!!!
The amber is OK but nothing special, can see why you're ditching it.
I really like the design of the rhodolite, but I prefer my stones faceted, and I don't know how it sits - I did nearly come in for it myself though, so it's obviously got something about it.
The kunzite... I've always had exactly the opposite opinion to you! I like the stone and dislike the setting. Then again, east-west settings don't do it for me. I do like the "cradle" style though, would be very intrigued by one of those the right way round!!!

:45: Anyhow, since you don't want the stone and I love it you should pass it on to me!!! :54:

If it was me i would keep the amber pieces and the rhodolite garnet piece but i would most definitely send back the kunzite. The diamonds do look very poor and the wonky shank is awful! get your money back and fiund something you are truly happy with :)

Wibbly

well...i would keep all of it except the ring..i hate it..when i see it on rocks i always shudder...cant stand 2 tone looks very cheap and tacky...

but if you decide to keep..enjoy!!..::1:..lol

i to hate the ring sorry
i have the amber pendant thought it was good for my present box but wore it so bought a second one to put away silly not to at these prices i paid about £6 for them also .
I have got lots of young nieces so ideal gifts, dont like the necklace much either and dont buy many braclets as i need longer lengths

ambers- great gifts even if u don't want them, pretty little pieces
rhodolite- not keen but prob would sit well if u just have the wires altered a bit to fit u
kunzite- good gold weight and setting, horrible diamonds, don't like the centre stone (too pale)

not sure if changing diamonds would be cost effective, changing center stone might be worth it tho.

Henceforth the Kunzite ring will be re-christened "The Marmite Ring" - you either love it or hate it! :59:

not sure if changing diamonds would be cost effective, changing center stone might be worth it tho.

It's a good point but I have friends who are diamond dealers so I doubt whether it will cost much! :3: As for the centre stone, well, errrrrr, I may have one or two loose stones knocking about .............. ! :4:

It's a good point but I have friends who are diamond dealers so I doubt whether it will cost much! :3: As for the centre stone, well, errrrrr, I may have one or two loose stones knocking about .............. ! :4:

No kidding! :D
Can we help you choose 'the' one?....mysmilie_1436 :10:

neither the amber or the garnet suit my taste but i love the setting on the kunzite... it even makes the kunzite look good lol i think your idea of keeping the shank and putting your own stone in it is a great one... personally i would go for a darker/more vibrant colour stone

neither the amber or the garnet suit my taste but i love the setting on the kunzite... it even makes the kunzite look good lol i think your idea of keeping the shank and putting your own stone in it is a great one... personally i would go for a darker/more vibrant colour stone

My thoughts exactly! I have an Umbalite Garnet that I think would look stunning just need to dig it out and put it next to the rose gold to make sure it doesn't clash and that it would fit the setting! This is the stone:

UmbaliteGarnet271ct1.jpg

My thoughts exactly! I have an Umbalite Garnet that I think would look stunning just need to dig it out and put it next to the rose gold to make sure it doesn't clash and that it would fit the setting! This is the stone:

UmbaliteGarnet271ct1.jpg

This is a very nice stone, Meeshoo!
Might even make me like the ring a little if it had that stone in it! ;)
Good luck with it! :D

that garnet is a stunning colour meesh and i love the cut. judging from the pic i think the tone would blend really well with the rose gold. the 2 together would make a stunning ring imo

Are you still thinking of using this stone Meesh.....the Umbalite Garnet....as the central stone?

Its a gorgeous colour, love the blend of Rhodolite and Rubellite tones. And with higher grade diamonds as accents,
I think you'll perform your usual magical transformation that we've seen happen on the Gems forum previously.

Its an interesting project and I look forward to seeing the end results. :)

Latest posts

Back