Hermes delivery rubbish or what?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hello everyone

I currently work for Hermes, i've been working for Hermes for just over 5 years now. I cover the town area so i earn £1.50 a parcel which is alot more than other couriers. I fell i profide a good service to my customers, i never leave any parcel in a safe place unless the customer has spoken to me asking me too. I always give three attempts on delivering the parcel then return the parcel back to the depot. I live nearby most of my customers and provide a collection point at my home address which customers love. I've even been known to deliver parcels after 8pm for some customers as they work quite late. I feel i can provide this kind of service because i'm earning better money than other couriers. I know what other couriers are like because i've heard them talking in the depot when i'm loading parcels up in the morning. They are frustrated with hermes as they have dropped the parcel rate for most couriers, some are earning less than 45p a parcel so they leave it in the garden if they can't get a signiture because if they gave 3 attempts the courier would be out of pocket, i've experienced this for myself. I covered someones round for two weeks, i did the 3 attempts on delivery, it wasn't worth me doing the work so by cutting corners and leaving parcels, they earn that little bit more. You do get some idiot couriers but most of us do put customers first. 3 years ago it wasn't too bad but with the price of fuel going up it's a struggle for most couriers. If hermes paid couriers that little bit more then i'm confident you will get a better service like i provide. Hermes isn't a very happy place to work, it's like a battle between the couriers and the field managers. Bottom line is, you get what you pay for, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys and that is the real problem.

Oven gloves left in recycling and card put through door with no ring of the bell. My DD was in, up, awake, not deaf, no loud music playing, doing homework on the computer. Caught out, 'cos waiting for her to answer the door, all of less than one minute, really is too long to wait. Scrabbling in the blue bin is out of order and was totally unnecessary. :down:

I believe it depends a lot on the individual making the rounds of your area. The guy who covers our area is great, and in the past couple of years since he's taken over I have had no problems; parcels always left in a safe/clean/dry area with a notice to advise, and collected really quickly for returns, and very pleasant on the few times I've spoken to him. Receipt of my parcels is also much quicker than it used to be - N Ireland always takes a bit longer anyway, but I think in the past some tried to wait until they had more than 1 to deliver in an effort to keep costs down (understandable but annoying when you wanted something quickly).

I have had a number of complaints with Hermes deliveries over the years, with many letters being written. I finally started writing to the companies I had been ordering from so that they got the feedback instead of just the delivery company (sent copies of letters to them too). It wasn't just the delivery people I had problems with, but also their service people who kept giving out wrong information when contacted, eg, telling me they had arranged a 2nd delivery when the item had already been returned by them to the seller.

Result - 2 companies started using other delivery services to NI (well, to me at any rate - maybe I'm just listed in the 'oh no, not her again' category!).

Oven gloves left in recycling and card put through door with no ring of the bell. My DD was in, up, awake, not deaf, no loud music playing, doing homework on the computer. Caught out, 'cos waiting for her to answer the door, all of less than one minute, really is too long to wait. Scrabbling in the blue bin is out of order and was totally unnecessary. :down:

Our Hermes lady used to be fabby but I think we must have a new one as I had the same on Friday, my LD TSV left in the green bin, which by us is compostable waste, so I had to fish it out from a pile of rotting food. Unacceptable. AND it took almost a week to arrive.
Last time I ordered a tsv a few weeks ago it was Yodel that ballsed it up, and last week yodel cocked up delivery of a new phone from O2. All total shite.

Current Courier
Unfortunatly im sorry to say hermes are the worst delivery company i have ever had to deal with, i have orderd around 6 items from QVC now that hermes have failed to deliver, the excuse and there has been so many is that they can not find my property, the last thing i orderd a few weeks ago a qvc customer service lady actully had to looked up my address on google earth while i was on the phone to try and give detailed instructions on how you find my property, it really isnt hard at all i live on a main road and anyone with a sat nav will be directed almost to my back door, i just can not believe it , i have had parcels from UPS, HDLN,DX,many many more and had no problems what so ever, the postman comes every day. You say that you deliver a better service as you get paid well and im sure you do but the thing is Qvc charge very high postage costs and in my case and many more by the amount of comments on this thread people are not getting a good service, in my case im getting no service at all as hermers have failed to deliver 1 single parcel to me every single time qvc have had to re send my parcel out by DX who have no problem finding my address ive even had a conversation with the DX delivery man about hermes and there problems with my address and he could not believe how stupid the whole "we cant find your address line is" .I have complained to QVC they arent really botherd i just get told they dont know why hermes have a problem(well i dont either) i did speak to someone from hermes as well and again just get told the courier can not find my address, and thats how it goes around in circles, the last order i made hermes had it for 3 weeks trying to deliver it and only after that time when i told QVC i was cancelling the order did they get it re sent out by DX i got it in 3 days!! Again while im sure you are very good at delivering your parcels i can safely say not all your hermes co workers are. So due to my local courier's incompetence if i ever order anything from qvc(and i now have to limit it) i have to fork out £2.95 extra postage costs on top of already stupidly high postage to get mt order deliverd by DX so thanks hermes for costing me so much ****** money

Last edited:
like all things, it does very much depend on the person. the one i have now is wonderful, i can't praise her highly enough. i told her once i'm never in a rush for anything and she can deliver when she has a nother parcel in my lane (difficult to turn car) and she wouldn't hear of it. anything i order arrives lightning fast (and i'm out in the sticks nowhere near a town). the previous one was a whole other story. she refused to deliver to my house telling her manager i lived a mile off the main road. the manager came out to investigate and agreed it's about 75 yards. then she laughed and asked if i knew who the woman was. i didn't. she told me she lived in the farm up the road - walking distance! that was the end of her and lovely lady appeared to take her place.

i can't remember the name of the worst carrier i've encountered but it was something from bon jovi inc in usa. i was at work, no chance of a second delivery, had to collect from their depot which meant an afternoon off work, a 60 mile round trip, a depot where no-one had the first clue where customers were even supposed to go (i had to accost a lorry driver to even find the door). then they charged me £25 for having tried to deliver. huge bon jovi fan here but NEVER again!!

ps - if i'm out, lovely lady leaves the parcel in a safe dry place and puts a card through the door.

My Hermes deliveries are terrible often very late if they turn up at all, sorry but i don't give a toss what they are paid, I pay a lot for the delivery and expect a decent service what the drivers are paid by Hermes is no business of mine. I wouldn't mind so much but why are QVC allowed to continually get away with claiming delivery times which are just not true, surely this must be illegal?

Hello again,

Don't get me wrong, i'm on your side, i'm just as frustrated with hermes and the hermes couriers as you are. It doesn't matter what the courier gets paid, they chose to take the job on so they should do the job correctly which most of them don't i know. I really feel for you because i know you pay alot of money for a service you're not getting and as for couriers not being able to find an address, well i believe the courier is being lazy. When i first started with Hermes, i didn't know the town as i moved towns so i took on the job not knowing the area but i didn't have a problem, i used sat nav and used google map so it's not hard to find an address. I will also say the hermes courier that covers where i live is a cowboy, i order from ebay quite alot as i run a jewellery business too, i choose not to use hermes when ordering because i don't trust my local courier so i do understand how you feel, i was just saying we're not all the same, i'm sure if i was your local courier, you would be happy with my service. I love my customers and have made many friends doing the job. I post letters for the elderly where alot of my customers are, i phone them before delivering the parcel to see if they would like bread, milk from the shop, i've been known to cut grass, i've even fitted a customers carpet. I really think the couriers field manages need to get a grip with these cowboy couriers and replace them with people that will do the job correctly.

Hello again,

Don't get me wrong, i'm on your side, i'm just as frustrated with hermes and the hermes couriers as you are. It doesn't matter what the courier gets paid, they chose to take the job on so they should do the job correctly which most of them don't i know. I really feel for you because i know you pay alot of money for a service you're not getting and as for couriers not being able to find an address, well i believe the courier is being lazy. When i first started with Hermes, i didn't know the town as i moved towns so i took on the job not knowing the area but i didn't have a problem, i used sat nav and used google map so it's not hard to find an address. I will also say the hermes courier that covers where i live is a cowboy, i order from ebay quite alot as i run a jewellery business too, i choose not to use hermes when ordering because i don't trust my local courier so i do understand how you feel, i was just saying we're not all the same, i'm sure if i was your local courier, you would be happy with my service. I love my customers and have made many friends doing the job. I post letters for the elderly where alot of my customers are, i phone them before delivering the parcel to see if they would like bread, milk from the shop, i've been known to cut grass, i've even fitted a customers carpet. I really think the couriers field manages need to get a grip with these cowboy couriers and replace them with people that will do the job correctly.

Ooh, my lawn desperately needs cutting. If I convert my Emu payment to credit card will you deliver my parcel please?! LOL

My Hermes Courier lives around the corner from me , He is a lovely guy and I have never had a problem with him, I am his first drop in the morning between 8 and 8.30, he also delivers for Amazon/Debenhams and Cotton Traders...

My first review ever, I have not left one before but I'm significantly annoyed. This won't go up on their site either;

The customer representative agents are nice enough, and really do try their best to be helpful. Unfortunately the actual service received and the Hermes drivers (not all but certainly mine) seriously let them down. My parcel was due to be collected on a Friday; it wasn't. I contacted Live Help and sent an email, the reply I received said that " the driver had been contacted and would collect the parcel today" which was a Saturday; it wasn't. It is now Sunday which is not a collection day so I have to wait until Monday for a resolution. In the meantime my parcel has sat outside in the wet and cold in my nominated safe place for two days uncollected. You don't expect it to be there all day. Not only that apparently Hermes do not offer partial or full refunds, even if you have paid for a service which has absolutely not been provided. That's surely just basic trading standards, no?? I sometimes sell on Ebay as a personal seller and if I ever gave service as bad as this i'd want my buyers to pursue it!! I don't because i'm conscious of being a buyer myself. I am 24 years of age and this is the first review I have ever written because generally I have better things to do. I am not a stuffy, frugal person who complains about everything, but I have genuinely wasted tons of time emailing, putting out parcels and speaking to Hermes on Live chat. I want my life back!!!! Pick up my damn parcel, deliver it safely in good nick and quickly. Basically give me the service I paid for!!! Please!!??

Latest posts

Back