Hit list! / blast from the past to return

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
If you could get rid of one guest / presenter from QVC who would it be and why?

WILL GOWING. SERVES NO PURPOSE WHATSOEVER / OR RICHARD JACKSON - VOICE

If you could get rid of one product from QVC what would it be and why?

THE NO-NO. It's just shoddy.

If you could get rid of one practice / behaviour from QVC what would it be and why?

THE USE OF FILLER WORDS / PROFFERING FAKE ENDORSEMENTS. It's just annoying

If you could bring back a previous guest / presenter who would it be and why?

PAUL LAVERS. He was very spontaneous, had a good sense of fun and is the antithesis of all that slickness.

To get rid of - would have to be Debbie Flint. I just can't stand her presenting style - far too direct and pushy for me.

Product - probably anything by Dennis Basso for ethical reasons ie using real fur.

Practice - when selling fashion the practice of telling us to get a neutral and a colour. So obviously pushy and all about sales that it is embarrassing.. Saw it a lot today with the Clarks sandals.

Presenter to bring back - Debbie Greenwood. I always liked her - even from days on brekky telly and she was a very non-pushy presenter - the opposite of the other Debbie.

Guest to send packing - Simon Biagi
Product to ditch - RJ's Flower Power
Presenter to bring back - Anthony Heywood

Bring back Debbie Greenwood!
Give Craig or Chloe the heave ho, just don't think they suit Selly Telly!
Exterminate the NO NO - it's in the name! I got a Philips similar for around £12 and it does the job perfect!
These Fake Social Media Friends that certain Preenters constantly go on and on and on about - who really cares? :mysmilie_1:

Dispose of - the Molton Brown 'ambassador' - TOO SHOUTY!! and snobby.

Product - anything that says "Richard Jackson's" on it - just encourages him to keep coming back.

Practice - plugging their own enterprises, novels,etc.

Bring back - Antony Heywood - sense of humour

I could write this list ten times over!
Presenter Debbie Flint, too Del Boy. Runners up Jill Franks and Chloe.
Guest Richard Jackson, bumptious little twit who interrupts all the time or Kelly Hoppen who is incredibly snobbish and rude. Runner up is that woman on Northern Nights who strokes pillows in a rather unsettling manner.
Product. That poo stuff.
Practice. Talking over guests until you decide you have had enough and then giving all your attention to the iPad whilst the guest is left to their own devices. In other words, general rudeness!
Bring back Debbie Greenwood or Antony Haywood.

Presenter Jackie Kabler.....insane rambling yesterday to a new level.

Product Diamonique, past its sell by date .

Practice Checking the Twittering.

Returning presenter Anthony Heywood.

Presenter - top of my list is still the cheese Meister Simon Biagi. If not him, Kathy Tayler... If not her then Debbie Flint.

No!No! Would also get my vote as product to bin.

I would bring back Anna Cookson.

Get rid off. - all of them and start again
Products - most of them and bring back quality affordable products
Practice. - stop ripping customers off just because you know they'll buy it from you without price checking
Bring back - most definitely Debbie Greenwood, she's so grounded and endearing, the total opposite of Debbie Flint and
Chloe Everton.

Saying that, you know none of this will ever happen and to be honest if by some remote chance it did, my shopping days with QVC are well and truly over. I don't think they'll ever stop the 30 day mbg, which means I'd get other people's used goods as I did almost every single time in the first twenty years, plus I get much better service everywhere else.

Presenter - top of my list is still the cheese Meister Simon Biagi. If not him, Kathy Tayler... If not her then Debbie Flint.

No!No! Would also get my vote as product to bin.

I would bring back Anna Cookson.

Aw yes Anna Cookson was a lovely presenter, and I totally agree about Cheesey McCheester from Cheesetown Cheesecity that is Simon Biagi, the mans a joke.

Get rid off ... Craig Rowe
Products ... Everything RJ endorsed
Practice ... Get rid of ipads
Bring back ... Julian Ballantyne... but leave granny burrows at home.lol

What a nice pipedream.

Julian Ballantyne is my most favourite presenter of all time, he was actually a joy to watch, no pressure, no hard sell.

Get rid of Anne Dorrington - why do I want to smack that woman in the face every time I see her?
Products - anything that little man with the glasses sells, steam mops and stuff? Also the poo pourri or anything by Home Reflections (a complete load of tat).
Practice - Ipads, phones and Ali Keenan screeching over the guests when they are trying to talk.
Bring back - Julian and I used to like Dexter Moscow as well with the Christmas stuff.

CC

Julian Ballantyne is my most favourite presenter of all time, he was actually a joy to watch, no pressure, no hard sell.
I nearly added him to my list as well but already had two names! But yes, he was really nice. I also nearly added a recently departed Brand Ambassador but don't want to sidetrack this thread down an already well-trodden path so I'll say no more than that!!!!!!

I liked Kara Baker , Anthony Heywood and also the late Steve Whatley. Most of the present lot are getting worse by the day.

Get rid of D Flint(she can devote herself to Devon etc) ,The Huntley,C Brook,Queen Bee Julia.For starters.

The worst products are the overpriced self indulgent poisons RJ pushes and that flaming Poo pourri.

Also get rid of the increasing amount of shoddy tat being seen,sold and returned across the board.

I would like to see Anthony Haywood or Julian Ballantyne.I doubt however that they would fit in with some of the pretentious ,loud,and Ipad gazing persons presently gracing our screens.

Last edited:
Get rid of Chloe or Craig but I'd love to get rid of guest presenter James Read (Sorry, I find him smarmy).

Worst products; Naff Christmas ornaments!

Stop; talking over guests, using I Pad/making own orders on air & presenters posing during jewellery/ fashion shows when the expert models are there to do it better!

Bring back; Debbie Greenwood; so down to earth, sense of humour & a former Miss Great Britain (beautiful inside & out)

Get rid of Jill Franks, bring back Julian and Debbie G
Bin all QVC "fashion" and bring in affordable things that women actually want to wear!

I can't believe I missed out the practice!!

Has to be the postage policies. I find it infuriating that QVC cannot charge a single p&p for a basket of goods and send them as a single package.

Just also wanted to thank Julius for a great thread topic!

Interesting choices. I have to say I concur with most of them. I also don't like the silly sales ploys: "Buy this vacuum cleaner and share the cost with your neighbour!" (Like anyone's actually going to do that!) and: "Oooh I'm going to order mine now / I hope there's going to be one left for me..."

Latest posts

Back