Hmm...I wonder if they are training up...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
...Simon Brown...?

Julian, when introducing him on The Morning Show just now said he was 'almost one of the presenting team now...' then they cut to Simon doing his own little presenting bit on his cook's essentials part of the show. They've done this more than once with him now (and I do know they've done it with other guest presenters as well) but I was just wondering whether Julian was dropping a hint that Simon might take his place in the presenting team soon?

I hope so, as I really think Simon seems a nice chap :up:

Yes he is good. I can't help feeling sorry for Malcolm Harradine though. He seems to have been pushed into second place now.

This proves they do read our forum more than ever, we have always championed him.

Totally agree. About time they brought in a new presenter. He is very watchable but I really hope the powers that be don't have him interrupting people saying "200 of you have just JUMPED to those phones" every five minutes like the other presenters do. Seriously guys - does that EVER make you think that you need to 'jump to your phone' too????
He's very relaxing to listen to now but god knows what QVC will turn him into if he becomes a proper presenter.

Totally agree. About time they brought in a new presenter. He is very watchable but I really hope the powers that be don't have him interrupting people saying "200 of you have just JUMPED to those phones" every five minutes like the other presenters do. Seriously guys - does that EVER make you think that you need to 'jump to your phone' too????
He's very relaxing to listen to now but god knows what QVC will turn him into if he becomes a proper presenter.

Hopefully he will resist. He comes across as knowledgable and has done his homework. Definitely not switchoffable and about the only one I have the sound up for! :up:

I hope so too. Just a few days ago, I saw him do a piece with his cookery kit and mentioned that he'd make a great presenter. Fingers crossed! He's much better than many other guests (HP sauce anyone? ;) ) Some bore you to tears.

I must be the only one but I don't rate him at all. Just summat about him, bit smarmy maybe?

I'm with you Ricky. He seems to take over when he's on and acts more like the presenter than the guest. As I said above, Malcolm Harradine is definitely being edged out more and more which is a shame cos I like him. He was doing a cookery demonstration in the Lowry Oulet in Salford in December and he was really friendly.

I like Simon Brown - he reminds me of Steve Whattley(Whattersx), professional and well informed with a good presenting manner. I hope QVC are going to add him to the presenting team although he'll be missed on the Cooks Essential hours - i hope he's replacing Craig - who continues to be very insincere and smarmy with such an annoying grin and manner!!, i just switch over when he's presenting - thank gawd he doesnt present beauty hours, i would be bereaft. Hopefully QVC will recognise Sam from EMU's brilliant and friendly presenting skills soon and "train her up"(sounds a bit fruity!!)

I like Simon too. He always makes his presentations interesting and I always make a point of watching when he's on. Don't like Malcolm much. He doesn't seem to come across as well somehow. Maybe its because I'm soooo bored by Lock 'n Lock that I associate him with being boring as well!!:sleepy:

I like Simon Brown - he reminds me of Steve Whattley(Whattersx), professional and well informed with a good presenting manner. I hope QVC are going to add him to the presenting team although he'll be missed on the Cooks Essential hours - i hope he's replacing Craig - who continues to be very insincere and smarmy with such an annoying grin and manner!!, i just switch over when he's presenting - thank gawd he doesnt present beauty hours, i would be bereaft. Hopefully QVC will recognise Sam from EMU's brilliant and friendly presenting skills soon and "train her up"(sounds a bit fruity!!)

The best comment so far this year ! Makes me cross if I have to miss a show I want to see just because CR is presenting and I have to switch off (often craft shows and technology).

I quite like Simon Brown,so I hope he does get a higher profile.
I really don't rate Sam the Emu guest,her pitch is repetitive and uninspiring imho and although she is attractive and friendly,I think she's a female Craig.

simon brown used to be on the now defunct shop tv! with along with anthony heywood and dean wilson (who also came to qvc but then went to Ideal world) used to enjoy watching him then...

Simon Brown was one of Steve Whatley's old muckers on QVC years ago so he's been around a bit in TV shopping land.

Simon Brown was one of Steve Whatley's old muckers on QVC years ago so he's been around a bit in TV shopping land.

Thanks for your post KimP:sun: - i didnt know that about SB and SW being friends - funny SB reminds me very much of SW? maybe its like the theory that husbands/wives and partners and i believe animals - they all start looking like each other after being together for a while?

I noticed in the 11am Liz Earle show, Anne Dawson kept mentioning Carla from Tignanello and how she'd been out for a coffee with her and that Carla loved the range etc. I'm gonna be keeping my ears open to see if any other presenter starts mentioning her. Could it be that QVC have listened to our suggestions that she'd be a good presenter too?

I heard that too Boycie and thought the very same thing - If i've got the right guest then Carla is very good looking with long dark hair and a lovely manner in her presentations - a younger version of Julia? if i'm right she would be a great addition to the presenting team although for me second to Simon Brown.

Latest posts

Back