Holden's face !!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He doesn’t look well. He is only 56 but he has been married 3 times, with a 4th partner and has been engaged at least one other. Maybe that’s his problem!
Same age as me!
I have fond memories of some of the series he was in, like Wild at Heart, and Ballykissangel. Lovely viewing on a Sunday evening.
I hope it's nothing serious.

Getting back to the Botox/fillers discussion, I do feel sorry for people in the public eye. Women have always been judged on the way they look when they get older but these days younger women are going down this route. I think once they start they cannot stop. Personally I'm a coward when it comes to needles, I can cope with blood tests and vaccines but don't want anything unnecessary. I think a lot of pressure is put on young people to look a certain way.

For me it's all about wellbeing. I've got a chronic health condition which makes me feel rubbish a lot of the time, so I like stuff that makes me feel a bit better. Things like massages and reflexology. I recently bought an acupressure mat with plastic spikes which you lie on - its like lying on a bed of nails! It has released a lump of tension on my right shoulder that nothing has ever eased.

Getting back to the Botox/fillers discussion, I do feel sorry for people in the public eye. Women have always been judged on the way they look when they get older but these days younger women are going down this route. I think once they start they cannot stop. Personally I'm a coward when it comes to needles, I can cope with blood tests and vaccines but don't want anything unnecessary. I think a lot of pressure is put on young people to look a certain way.

For me it's all about wellbeing. I've got a chronic health condition which makes me feel rubbish a lot of the time, so I like stuff that makes me feel a bit better. Things like massages and reflexology. I recently bought an acupressure mat with plastic spikes which you lie on - its like lying on a bed of nails! It has released a lump of tension on my right shoulder that nothing has ever eased.
That's interesting. So would you recommend your mat or similar?

Tattoos aren’t for me but I know I’m now in a minority in finding them distasteful.

When on the subject of men in shorts will someone please tell me when it became the norm for UK men to wear shorts 12 months of the year. I don’t understand the thought process in wearing baggy below the knee shorts, socks and big trainers, topped with a woolly hat and puffa coat . Most have full leg tattoos so is it so they can show them off?
My brother has worn shorts all year since he was about 6 years old!!

He was so cute and mum couldn’t get him out of them, though he had to wear trousers for school etc..

He’s now early forties and still the same.

Very smart 3 piece suit for work but literally all other times, he’s in shorts whether it’s snowing or mid summer...
Usually with leather fit flops too!
(He doesn’t do that grungy look you’re describing though...)

Now wonder if it’s linked to temperature control as he has a chronic illness?!
Or maybe just habit but he doesn’t seem to get cold!
Our little (6’4”) weirdo! 😉

He doesn’t have any nasty leg tattoos though thank god!

He had a Celtic (black and white) “cuff”/band on his upper arm in the 90’s when they were quite in...
But mum loathes tattoos so he kept it hidden for years.

Then he had an accident on his motorbike - which he’s not been allowed back on for 20 years! - and broke his collar bone and arm and all sorts.

He was sat up, topless in his hospital bed and was panicking about mum seeing it at last, and when she went to visit him sure enough the first thing she said was “what is that?!!” 😂

(She did quickly follow it with concern and sympathy! Can’t remember now if dad had known about it all along. Think I had!)

He now hates the thing too and doesn’t like exposing it when swimming or at the gym etc.

At least it’s not coloured and he’s in good shape so it hasn’t gone wrinkled but his arms are bigger now so it doesn’t fit all the way round!

I hate tattoos personally but *try* not to judge others having them... and I know lots of people get them for sentimental reasons etc.
I can appreciate the artistry in them but generally find them at best naff and at worst nasty!

That's interesting. So would you recommend your mat or similar?
The makers of these mats make a lot of claims about what they can do which is unsubstantiated. However I do believe in acupuncture and acupressure so thought I'd give it a try. The prices start from about £20 upwards. The one I got came with a pillow for your neck.

You lie on it for a few minutes to begin with. It can be very uncomfortable or painful to begin with (depending on your pain threshold). However your muscles start to relax and feel warm. You just lie there and breath deeply to relax your muscles. A few mins to begin with building up to 15 minutes a day.

I've always got a stiff neck (years of desk work) and rheumatoid arthritis which affects my neck and shoulders. I use it about 10 minutes a day and it genuinely has loosened a knot in my shoulder that nothing would ease.

If you use it before bed it can aid better sleep, as I say they make lots of claims (I've never used it just before bed) I just hoped it may improve my energy levels a bit and ease a bit of tension.

As they start from £20 I would recommend trying one, but take any major health claims with a pinch of salt! Mine was £60 but I think they are fairly similar, some don't come with a pillow which I clearly needed.

Just look at the eyes. A face full of filler and the eyes almost become non-existent. Compare them to when she first started BGT and the difference is staggering. Give her another 10 years and she'll just have slits to see through.

Just look at the eyes. A face full of filler and the eyes almost become non-existent. Compare them to when she first started BGT and the difference is staggering. Give her another 10 years and she'll just have slits to see through.
Unless she has the sanity moment Courtney Cox had. Removing or dissolving her fillers has made her look younger as she has her eyes back to a rounder shape.
None of the doctors these people go to seem able to turn them away. A cosmetic surgeon should be fully aware of the anatomy, and be responsible enough to give their patients cold hard facts, rather than treating procedures which change the body as a commodity and thinking "kerr-ching" rather than about the potential physical and mental health issues the surgery can lead to, even with a successful operation. Most health authorities, around the world, seem out of step with the level of regulation this needs.

I was amazed at the wagatha Christie’s. Coleen was lovely and natural but now...those lips😳. I just don’t get it. And was she wearing one of Wayne’s suits? Wasn’t keen on the canary yellow suit sported by vardy either. Money does not equal sense.

or class. I mean, it applies to blokes as well. Lewis Hamilton - the richest man in sport and dresses like a circus clown. All that money and that's the best he can look.

Ironically, Carol Vorderman, in her earlier days on television on Countdown, was a very attractive, natural look person. Why she decided to so radically change her looks and now look like something new from Palitoy, defeats me. A psychiatrist could probably tell you more. As for Holden, her looks are becoming more false than her laugh of late.

There seems to be a real cat-fight out there in Slebland as to who can get the most publicity and column inches in bemoaning their Menopausal struggle / battle / journey / experience. Not so long ago everyone was jumping on the bi-polar bandwagon, and then it was a race to the finish who could be more 'dyslexic', and those wanting to share their tales of miscarriage.

No wonder our Queen is held in such high esteem, she's of the generation where you deal with your own life 'issues' with quiet dignity, not shouting your problems to the 4 corners of the world with the help of an army of Counsellors and soshal meeja.

Latest posts

Back