Holy Grail Hand Cream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Toadette and Sara - yes it was the blue one - was the best one I have ever used - will have to get some now I know where from. Hope it is still as good. The blue cuticle lotion was good too in the daytime as it didn't leave your fingers greasy.:BIGHUG:

Well done Toadette for the link - I cannot do them am completely useless on the 'puter. Have a man and two teenagers to do the technical things for me!!!:lol:

Love L'Occitane's Shea Butter handceam and use it overnight like others - during the day I love and use either L'Occitane Lavender, L'Occitae Cherry Blossom or Liz Earle's Hand Repair.

Love L'Occitane Shea Butter Handcream and Philosophy Handmade for night, and currently using OPI Avoplex and Soap & Glory Hand Food during the day.

Another one of my favs is Crabtree & Evelyn LA Source.

Jurlique Lavender Hand Cream - makes your hands gorgeously soft and smells dreamy.

L'Occitane shea butter at night - too greasy during the day.

Don't get to use one much during the day but when I do it's LE Hand Repair as it is non greasy.

I use L'Occitane soaps - liquid and bar at home and since using them I get hardly no excema on my hand now.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream - fabulous product.

I find it too greasy to use during the day but apply it to my hands before bed in a nice thick layer and my hands are baby soft and smell lovely come morning. I've never found a better handcream and quite economical to as a big tube lasts quite a while.

I use the L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream and use it the same as Fraggle.

During the day, I use the LE Hand Repair as it's not too greasy.

L'occitane for me too,I use verbena for day time and the shea at bedtime.Its the best by miles.The honey and lemon one is nice like others have said its nice and light so absorbs quickly.

l'occitane foot cream. oddly enough i find that it is more moisturising in the long term and i love the smell

I use Molten Brown White Mulberry hand lotion in the mornings and top up with L'occitane Lavender hand cream during the day.

My favourite is ProStrong ProMoist Hand Cream (223414) It has a pump and a nice non-greasy liquid texture. I like the inoffensive fragrance too. You just need to apply it in the morning and wait 15minutes before coming into contact with water. It remains effective, even through hand washing as it is water-resistant. You are not aware of it on your hands as they just stay soft. It really prevents the sore cold weather cracks and soreness in the Winter weather. You can also use it as a body lotion. I am really glad I discovered it on QVC.

Does this have mineral oil or paraffin based ingredients in it? I'm interested in finding a cream that I can use like this all day - however ones with these ingredients cause irritation for me. TIA

L'occitane shea handcream at night.
Liz Earle,Body Shop Hemp or any of the other L'occitane ones,during the day.
Don't really rate MB hand lotions but they look nice in the bathroom :4:

L'Occitane's honey and lemon handcream for me. It's nearly as rich as the shea butter one and the smell is much nicer. Also works on the elbows (and stops my cat licking my elbows in the night! Don't ask ...) I also like a Philosophy one which came in a kit last year and was really fresh and minty.

Well, that certainly got everyone going! Thanks for all your replies. I'm no wiser. My main problem is that I'm not good about using handcream consistently - that Prostrong one might be good for me.

Thanks again.

:1:

Anyone got a bottle of prostrong and can post the ingredients - i.e. does it have mineral oil or paraffin based stuff?

I now use Soap & Glory Hand Food from Boots. It is hydrating, softening and has a great smell (better than dog-lick anyway!) but isnt greasy or sticky.
It is only £4.50 for a whopping 125ml tube and they currently have a "Buy two, get the third free" offer on this range at Boots. Also love their handwash liquid. I always used to use MB handwashes, Liz Earle Hand Repair(day), and Philosophy lemon custard handcream (night) but now I dont work fulltime have had to find cheaper products. IMHO these work just as well for me.
Joy

Julia said that Decleor was her fave so I bought it, daft git. Well, it was a nice hand cream but £25?!

Others I've had:

L'Occitane Shea Butter - lovely
L'Occitane Lavender - lovely
ProStrong ProMoist - smelt like stale tobacco to me :eek:

A favourite of mine is a lotion by DermaVeen (it's an oat-extract moisturiser for sensitive skin, like Aveeno but without the artificial lavender in it). When I first bought it I got it in a 500ml pump pot, which is how they should all come, IMO, except handbag versions. Usually these days the pump pot is out of stock and I have to buy it half the size and in a flip-lid potty thing.

Anyway, the point about DermaVeen is that it plumps up the thin, elderly skin on the backs of my hands better than any other I've tried, and it goes a long way and moisturises nails and anything else you want it to. It does have the usual petrochemicals in it, never mind :rolleyes:

clemenzina

Love L'Occitane and also Laura Mercier creme brulee handcream. Good enough to eat!

trust me to be differnt......i love the decleor hand cream in a pump dispenser & also clientele for overnight IF you can wearing to gloves.....if you can.,wonderful............

Oh I forgot to mention Trind, that's got the thin-skin-plumping effect too. QVC stock was highly perfumed, I think their new stock (they've redesigned all their packaging, hand cream's still in a plastic tube though) is a slightly different smell but I could be wrong, there's been a big gap between purchases.

clemenzina

Latest posts

Back