How did you discover this forum, and ..........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I joined in about 2003 originally, didn't this start life as a news group? It was Julian and Plavers who mentioned this place on air. Plavers used to post on here back then. I'm always glad to see new folk join and sad to see old ones drift away but there's been a core of stalwarts who've weathered the schisms. Highlights for me were those early BCC events with SCW and Sazza posting lists of items and on the night we'd post what we had in our baskets in case anyone wanted something, a really fast-paced positive vibe!

Seems the forum used to get a few mentions on QVC and by presenters (and guests?) online. I don't think I've ever heard or read a mention. Did something happen that put an end to all that?

I had a bit of an addiction to QVC, and used to stay up to watch the TSV launch to find out if it was a bargain. Got really sick of the late nights and one day googled QVC addiction to find out if there was any thing I could read to help me snap out of it. Stumbled across this forum and was heartily entertained reading posts til the early hours of the morning. SCW and Sazza and other forumites mentioning up coming TSVs helped my sleep patterns no end as no need to stay up. Mind you, I think I buy more, not less, because of this forum, especially as threads discuss upcoming TSVs. I get caught up in the excitement of it all until temptation is too hard to resist.

Seems the forum used to get a few mentions on QVC and by presenters (and guests?) online. I don't think I've ever heard or read a mention. Did something happen that put an end to all that?

Probably an internal memo which has effectively put us on IGNORE. And if they're not allowed to mention us, human nature being what it is, they'll be watching us more and more.
:hi:

I think this makes me one of the earliest members of ST. I joined before the days of Google when this was just a chat group on Yahoo and QVC (and many other companies) hadn't even launched their websites.

I think l discovered it googling something about Liz Earle. I think it was when she sold the company to Avon. Can l just say how much l absolutely love this forum. We don't always agree with each other but that doesn't matter. It is such a fantastic place to get things off your chest, find out useful information and get honest help and advice. As l have said before you have all been such a help to me at times and have stopped me buying things l really don't need!

I agree entirely with Whitesnake, think I came across this by googling something about Liz Earle etc, upcoming tsv etc,and although I don't post a great deal as I don't always get the chance to have a nose when I am at work all day, out and about etc, I do really enjoy reading the post and having a chuckle, and have got some great advice from here and recommendations, i would really miss it if we all stopped posting

Many years ago when Tim Goodwin was on QVC and he was demonstrating something, and mentioned the forum. Go and have a look and see what they are saying about the item, it's a very good place for finding information about QVC products. So off i went for a nose around. :mysmilie_59:

Ditto! it seems a very long time ago...

I heard Debi Jones on the now defunct Shop! mention the site and visited for quite a while before I plucked up courage to join! I used to cry with laughter sometimes at the posts and do really miss some of those sharp and clever, but never nasty or bullying, original members. I have been here through quite a few changes of server over the years so can't remember my original joining date but think it may have been fairly early on. Glad some of the old members are still around too!

I found this site when ideal world started I wondered where the late steve Whatley had gone and found a link to this site talking about him leaving while claims of sexual harassment were investigated
The forums were so busy it was hard to keep up then the sister site craft telly launched and it was so busy over there I did not have time to come on here sadly things changed on both sites and there are not so many original members

I went through a phase when i had QVC on in the background pretty much all day :dull: yup my life was that dull!
Then i would here about upcoming TSVs (usually Beauty products) and would google 'qvc tsv' and the date and would search for any gossip on what the tsv may be. I kept getting info on this forum so a few weeks ago i joined after around a year of having sneaky peeks!:mysmilie_14:

I was looking for some hints on the Christmas TSV 2013 for my Mum and I found this website. I only use the QVC section of it.

Latest posts

Back