How has life changed?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My hair is officially the longest it has been in about 30 years...and I like it!
I have become a mask collector and connoisseur. I definitely have favourites and ones to be avoided.
My eyesight has improved.
I start work earlier routinely.
I'm more up to date with my housework and laundry.
I cook more.
My weight has increased considerably, however I have the time to do something about it.
I've joined the growing ranks of the partially vaccinated.
I've learned how to facetime, though I'm hesitant about zoom.
I never thought this would all last for so long!
So many changes have happened. High Street brands that have disappeared, never to return...
The hero we never knew we needed has raised nearly £40 million (with gift aid), been knighted, and sadly passed from the cruel disease that brought him to the world's attention. RIP Captain Sir Tom Moore.
Covid totally stole Brexit's thunder, which was a bit of a bright spot.
As we crawl back towards a normality we may still remember, there's going to be one hell of a reckoning.
That's really interesting & many apply to me, fortunately I haven't put on weight & don't have to worry about going to work. On the deepest level I now have an understanding of how it feels to wake up every day to an army blanket greyness & the night last May when I knew I had to throw away all my alcohol because I couldn't have it & pain killers in the house is seared on my memory. As you say it will definitely be one hell of a reckoning.

On the weight front I am intermittent fasting. I try to do 16 hours without eating. I haven't change what I'm eating only how and when. It's early days but positive so far.

The biggest thing for me now is the lack of a social life...Me and Oh didn't do a great deal...weekly pub quiz, a couple of holidays and day trips, concerts (classical) ....miss these horribly. With mates annual 80's festival, going to the cinema, and the odd night out for a drink. Other than that I've been going to work as normal...Not feeling quite so scared about covid after OH got it and survived, I might have survived it myself but will never know as I didn't get tested as I had no symptoms. He's had his first jab..and no side effects thankfully...mines next week so hoping it's the same for me....No weight gain suprpisingly since I've been drinking more alcohol..not crazy amounts but more..it's keeping me sane for now!

Latest posts

Back