How long have you been watching QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

but just as we avoid the channels where somebody's daughter has to writhe on a mattress in her knickers for the amusement of men with their belts loosened we avoided the shopping channel section for ages as well so it's a bit of a blur.

Blimey, is that how they used to sell Northern Nights??

I've been watching for 15 years on November 19th. The only reason I know that is that it was on my big sister's 40th that we got Sky and I found QVC the same day:hi:

I must have started watching it pretty soon after it started but it wasn't so good 'back in the day' (I seem to remember far fewer products that they spent ages trying to flog) so I got bored and stopped watching after about a year. I started watching again this year so it's taken awhile to lure me back in!

About 13 years for me. I used to buy a lot more than I do now, impulse buying when the TSV came on a midnight was my problem, half of it was carp anyway. Now I find that most of the things on QVC can be bought a lot cheaper elsewhere (the old postage complaint).

I think its about 15 years for me - as I remember I used to watch when my eldest son was a baby/toddler and he is nearly 18!!! Gosh how time flies!

Started watching about 10 or 11 years ago, I guess, and have memories of Julia, Debbie Flint and Paul Lavers doing whole hours where all they sold was different gold chains by length. It was all a bit tacky, tbh. What got me hooked was the beauty shows, although it was over a year before I took the plunge and bought anything.

8 years ago I took a 2 year break when I was living somewhere without cable or Sky (sounds like I was in jail! I wasn't, honest.) Then 6 years ago I got Freeview and returned to a much slicker QVC.

Well I got cable in 1997 so 12 years. I did catch it if round in a friend's house before that as she had Sky. We used to laugh at some of the presentations and products. Little has changed.

I can remember their very first show! I used to watch because it was a laugh-so many things went wrong. The presenters then were not as slick as now and thus seemed more genuine.

Since July 2000 when we gave in and got Sky to improve our TV reception. (Now I don't know how we ever managed without it!). I bought all sorts of stuff at the start - everything from Golden Oil to Smashbox when it first came to QVC.

I watched from the begining but have only bought for the last 10 years.

I reckon I've spent thousands with really very little - if anything - to show for it...:(

I watched from the begining but have only bought for the last 10 years.

I reckon I've spent thousands with really very little - if anything - to show for it...:(

Think we can all relate to that unfortunately ! The amount of junk I must have bought is incredible, esp kitchen gadgets. An ice cream maker with battery operated paddles come to mind, and the vicious v-slicer. That could have been sponsored by Elastoplast and the local A & E dept :sad:

No, WS I 'discovered' QVC about two years ago, but I only used to check out the web site for bargains, then I came across the Forum, and reading posts on programmes made me want to watch more, though I never really watched much (OH is in charge of remote control and he hates QVC) until I went on maternity leave in May...

I went on Maternity leave in May 2001 and we got Cable at the same time.
Watched endless QVC then. Used to watch Shop! too.
Don't watch at all really these days, too busy with 3 kids and with the internet and since finding this forum I just check things out online. I owe my philosophy, smashbox and Gtech buying purely to the forum. If I'm interested in a particular TSV I'll watch....but only cause I got the heads up on here.

Around 14 /15 years for me, first purchase was a skincare range called hydron (i think)!

I went on Maternity leave in May 2001 and we got Cable at the same time.
Watched endless QVC then
. Used to watch Shop! too.
Don't watch at all really these days, too busy with 3 kids and with the internet and since finding this forum I just check things out online. I owe my philosophy, smashbox and Gtech buying purely to the forum. If I'm interested in a particular TSV I'll watch....but only cause I got the heads up on here.

I think if you're on maternity leave and looking after a small baby QVC is perfect TV watching, it doesn't require too much attention or mental enery, and if you need to leave the room for a feed/nappy change/clothes change or whatever, you can just resume your watching afterwards and it doesn't matter...

I started watching in the late Oct / early Nov so a few weeks after they started... I can also remember how few different items they used to have in those days - i'm sure the customers knew the entire inventory... I remember countless hours of Kara Tritton selling the same few limoges china boxes etc... and they used to have loads of cookery hours... mainly selling the microwave rice cooker and a pan to cook chicken in... and Richard Jackson selling lemon and orange tree kits - basically an orange and lemon pip...:thinking2: :dull:

Latest posts

Back