How many long-term QVC-ers actually sit and watch QVC and how much do they buy?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I spent a LOT of money in the early days - I think it was more the novelty to start with, of buying off the tele. My first purchase ever was a copper watch on Bid-up tv when it really was a bidding situation. Then it was QVC, and I've bought everything, from jewellery, cheap and expensive, Indigo Moon, Dreamkeeper, Molton Brown, handbags galore, bedding, Elemis, crafting products, even ****** fold up shelving !!!! (why????) and a ...... wait for it ............ a light up plastic drinks fountain that was a tsv and was never seen again, but I saw them months later in Costco. Of course it never got used, and I ended up giving it away for a raffle prize !

My bank balance has been a lot healthier these past 3 or 4 years, as there really is a load of rubbish being sold now, and there is never that 'must have' feeling anymore.

Before I learned to surf.......the Internet that is.......I was buying over the phone, I had QVC on speed dial and spent A LOT of money, once I learned to use a computer though it gave me the ability to check these prices elsewhere, just put the item in the search bar or try Amazon and there my item would be, considerably cheaper with free p&p, this happened every time I seen something I liked on QVC................so that was that, my love affair with QVC was well and truly over.

a light up plastic drinks fountain that was a tsv and was never seen again, but I saw them months later in Costco.

Interesting that you mention Costco. I see a lot of stuff in Costco that also appears on QVC - The Sak and Carole Hochmann are a couple of brands that spring immediately to mind.

Well Q is an American company, so is Costco (Kirkland brand), so there is bound to be collaboration in a lot of goods.

Sometimes I think the more we have and the more we buy, then the unhappier it makes us. I read an article a few weeks ago saying our teenagers have more material objects than many children from other Countries but in a survey they were the second unhappiest. I think that also applies to many adults. Loneliness, depression, worry, isolation, illness, pressure, competitiveness, greed and busy working lives, amongst many other things, encourage us to fill the void with material things. I know I fell into the trap after my first husband died and all of my sons had left home. Thankfully I came to my senses and realised nothing in a QVC box or any other box would make me feel better for longer than 5 minutes. Buying too much is often a symptom of something much deeper, whatever it may be.

Latest posts

Back