How much higher do you think p and p will go?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

silversequin

Registered Shopper
I have been dipping in and out of the 50 hours of "Fashion" and have been noticing that a lot of the p and p has been hovering just under the £7 mark for items such as a few of the Lulu Guiness bags and the Emu boots. Now I can't actually recall what prices were this time last year but they seem to have shot up lately. Was wondering how much higher they could go before they impact of the level of sales? I know that they make me think twice about buying stuff and I am sometimes shocked at how high the costs are. I know we have had many threads on this topic but as the ever rising p and p is having a negative imapct on my QVC habit (tho positive for my bank balance) and I wonder if it is putting any of you off buying.

Last edited:
The difference between the postage being £7 or £5 or free wouldn't influence whether I bought a £120 pair of boots or a £300 handbag. The cost of the item is the cost plus p&p and I honestly wouldn't be put off buying a £300 by £7 postage.

But if the item is say £15 or £20 and the postage is a fiver, then it's a big percentage hike in the cost of the item.

I take note of the cost of P&P but it hasn't ever stopped me buying something I really wanted. The cost of returning an item that I'm dithering about often stops me ordering it. Not because of the cost but because if I'm worrying about "what if I return it" before I've ordered the flipping thing perhaps I shouldn't order in the first place.

I know the postage costs and paying for returns are a big bug bear for lots of people but you can be absolutely certain that's it's someone's job somewhere at La Q to research all this and to analyse and predict the impact of postage costs on sales.

I've noticed the increases too SS and I believe they are rising too high especially for some 'light-weight' items. I'm never impressed when the presenters insist on stating the item is "so much" when they do a breakdown but fail to include the P&P costs which can actually make quite a difference. Like a set of 4 kitchen utensils for instance at say £20 with an additional P&P of £4.95 but they state "that's only £5 a piece" when the true figure is around £6.23! OK, it isn't an enormous increase but in today's economic situation we have to consider the TOTAL cost and so many of the presenters fail to do that.

If I'm really interested in something then I now tend to google it to see if I can get exactly the same item elsewhere much cheaper with the added bonus of Free Delivery! I know QVC have the 30 day MBG which is very appealing so it's swings and roundabouts really on whether I order from them or not.

I bought a LG bag, but it came by a very special courier (never heard of them before) which required signature thus that's why I thought the P&P was more..but I could be wrong.

I no longer buy L'Occitane from QVC because of the ridiculous postal charges. Instead I make use of my bus pass and travel to my nearest store for free!

I think the P&P will go up as long as QVC will get away with it and it does not affect their business model too much

The postage puts me off buying from QVC.I buy a lot of craft items and resent having to pay postage for every item in the order.I now only order if I can't find cheaper elsewhere.
I have just bought three pairs of Carol Hochman PJs from last clicks so didn't mind paying P&P as they were half price.
I rarely buy Elemis,Decleor or L'Occitane from QVC any more.

the one thing I order regularly is the litre size of ABC skinwash - I order three at a time, which is a big outlay, but I do at least save one whole postage of £4.95 as the second & third come at half P & P - and it's still cheaper than elsewhere as far as I can see - if anyone has found it for less please let me know! P & P is a real annoyance to me I confess and many's the time I've checked my online basket containing two or three items and then not proceeded with the order when I tot up between £10 & £15 just on P & P, that really sticks in my throat. Apart from the ABC most of my purchases (not many) come from Last Clicks, the last one being a ring at half it's starting price so then I didn't mind too much paying the P & P - which was £3.45, not cheap...rings used to come out at a much cheaper price than that, and you could return them if necessary for the price of a 1st class stamp! The one thing I always say tho, don't forget the phone calls are free, so they have to be factored in somewhere.

They were selling a patio set a couple of months ago with p&p of £57.00 - anyone remember that one? Yep, FIFTY SEVEN SQUIDS.
Ree.Dick.Yew.Luss.

They were selling a patio set a couple of months ago with p&p of £57.00 - anyone remember that one? Yep, FIFTY SEVEN SQUIDS.
Ree.Dick.Yew.Luss.

Weren't they selling the same item fairly recently with either free or drastically reduced p&p? Or am I imagining things?

In the years I've watched QVC,P&P has gone up dramatically.I can remember when most things were capped at around £3.95 - but I suppose,everything has to go up,eventually.It seems as though everything else in the world has.

I,too,get annoyed when the presenters often break down the cost of an item,particularly when its a set - as I always factor in my P&P costs.

However,I'm now in the mindset,that the P&P is there for all to see - its not hidden - and if i don't like it,I don't buy.Its doing wonders for my bank account!!!

For instance,one of my beloved Tiffany lights has smashed :mysmilie_512: The one I fancy as is £102.12 - with £7.95 postage .I'm not paying £7.95 postage.I'm going to look on Amazon first and then pop to TK Maxx.

I'm not saying I don't order at all - but I'm more wise.I recently wanted to try the gatineau cleanser and toner and was ahappy to pay the £4.95 postage to try,as my skin is sooooooooo sensistive.As it happened it burned my skin - and cost me another fiver :mysmilie_476: to send back (apparently too heavy for "normal" mail and QVC wouldn't come and pick it up) - but hey,at least I wasn't saddled with a £40 item I couldn't use.............................but I do not regularly buy from QVC anymore.

Latest posts

Back