How much "stuff" do you just never seem to get around to returning?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another lazy one here! I certainly haven't sent back enough stuff I've not been satisfied with!
There was a skin care kit from Liz Earle, hated the smell of the stuff and disappointed with the results, similarly one from another company I can't remember the name of , neither was cheap, but I'd stupidly thrown away vital parts of the packaging..d'oh! Kept the Tova perfumes despite being told they stunk, (and realised that for myself). A prepology knife that struggled cutting a tomato

I don't tend to tolerate poor quality though, I've had a few jewellery items, and items of clothing that have been so poorly made, that had I not returned them, they'd have gone in the bin. The biggest disappointment I can remember though was a ring from IW, it cost over £100, it was tanzanite, but when it came it was really dinky and the colour absolutely nothing like the picture on the screen.

I have to say I really do "think" more about the purchases that are the expensive postage rates.I've never sent back a tiffany light or any NN - its just too much to pay both from qvc and back again.

I have been stupidly lazy in the past on sending things back. In fact, I could weep at all the costly mistakes I have kept due to putting things aside and forgetting to send them back. On the beauty stuff I was horribly guilty of not even opening them until I had finished something off, by which time my MBG would have run out.

My new regime is that I am much more selective over what I buy. I try it as soon as I get it and return if it isn't reaching my expectations.

Well in the beginning I never used to return anything, I'd stupidly keep it even if it was poor kerwallity or even - gadzooks - didn't fit (yes, that means on occasion I haz ordered fashionie items)

But now it goes back, and in all honesty I do not give a bum tiddly do-dah whether I get 'the letter' or not.

Last week, in a fit of something or other I bought a Cashmasoft jumper (it was the dip dyed one - with the v neck) because I actually thought it looked nice on, and was quite different. I was suckered in by the hard sell 'you can't tell the difference between this and cashmere etc'. Well, it arrived on Thursday and I can honestly say it's possibly one of the worst fashion items I have seen in my life. It's like a limp dishrag, not at all soft - and is a very poor cut and fit. I paid £20 odd for it, but I've had better things that have lasted longer in the £2.50 sale at Ethel Austin. So it's going back - and they're being told exactly why...

Well in the beginning I never used to return anything, I'd stupidly keep it even if it was poor kerwallity or even - gadzooks - didn't fit (yes, that means on occasion I haz ordered fashionie items)

But now it goes back, and in all honesty I do not give a bum tiddly do-dah whether I get 'the letter' or not.

Last week, in a fit of something or other I bought a Cashmasoft jumper (it was the dip dyed one - with the v neck) because I actually thought it looked nice on, and was quite different. I was suckered in by the hard sell 'you can't tell the difference between this and cashmere etc'. Well, it arrived on Thursday and I can honestly say it's possibly one of the worst fashion items I have seen in my life. It's like a limp dishrag, not at all soft - and is a very poor cut and fit. I paid £20 odd for it, but I've had better things that have lasted longer in the £2.50 sale at Ethel Austin. So it's going back - and they're being told exactly why...

Good for you Cavegirl...I've been a lazy one in the past, just couldn't be arsed to have to go to the local PO and stand in a queue a mile long. I'm more selective now about what I do order, and if it turns out it's not what I want, back it goes.

Recently I have "forgotten" to return the Genie line remover and moisturiser set, but usually I am quite good and only order things I know I like.
The cost of the reurn postage has put me off returning some bulkier things in the past but know I know about the DSR regs I will probably be returning more.

Latest posts

Back