How much? Yong Kim prices.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
I cannot for the life in me see how they get these prices for Yong Kim garments ( & I am able to make this comment with a good level of experience here).I admit they are not to my taste but can detach myself & appreciate why some might go for this look BUT not at these price levels.By the way Ingrid & Catherine H 'Easy Pay' doesn't make the item any cheaper or better value it just makes parting with your cash a longer & slower process.

I agree. I have a couple of the tunics which I wear a lot but I have not bought any from the range for 2 years now as the price is ridiculous.

Well according to Ingrid Tarrant its only £1 a day.......unfortunately Q don't allow you to pay £1 a day.

These clothes are not a designer collection which might warrant higher prices ,I know Q like to give that impression .They are mass produced .If you notice they are having more and more colours .In last nights show there was a cardigan with six different colour choices .Thats mass production which should make them cheaper.Also elastane is creeping into the garments.

As far as I could see ,the cardigan was no different to any of the other similar drapey cardis they sell on Q most of them much cheaper.

I cannot for the life in me see how they get these prices for Yong Kim garments ( & I am able to make this comment with a good level of experience here).I admit they are not to my taste but can detach myself & appreciate why some might go for this look BUT not at these price levels.By the way Ingrid & Catherine H 'Easy Pay' doesn't make the item any cheaper or better value it just makes parting with your cash a longer & slower process.

My wife would agree, who likes the style and has many item with the look but a damn sight cheep ear than rip of price Yong Kim charge.

I always have a titter when Yong Kim is on, I imagine the fashion conscious people who buy the garments walking about as if they had slept in their clothes, one of the presenters claim to have bought lots of the fashion ...but she always iron it ....:mysmilie_17:

i like some of the styles but i buy them on e bay for a fraction of the price. they last forever though and the fabrics are comfortable and some of the styles flattering but i agree not all

Yong Kim is getting more like a lot of other brands on QVC ie the lace shirt today looked like so many others I've seen on the channel and other brands on the channel are also looking more and more like Yong Kim. The prices are too much for shopping telly fashion IMO.

Until I saw her clothes on QVC and Googled her name I'd never heard of her. So, there's no way I'd pay that amount for clothes by a designer I needed to look up on the internet. Some of her designs are quite nice, but as for the crinkly ones, well ............ I'll keep my opinion to myself (and will apologise to anyone who likes them.)

I just couldn't bring myself to go outside (or even stay indoors!) in those crinkled fabrics, they are so untidy.

That look does nothing for me but I can see how people like it and if they are willing to pay that price then good for them.

I just wondered. If you're complimented on it, do you say it's a Yong Kim and has anyone outside of QVC heard of her/the brand?!

My jaw dropped when I saw £156 for that lace shirt - stupid price, and it weren't that special either !

As for the 'creased' look - guess what, when worn the heat of your body has an 'ironing effect'. I did buy a reduced cardi type with pockets and it was crinkled beyond belief on delivery. I wore it around the house, and discovered that the 'creases' almost fell away after a few hours due to my body heat !! So much for the fashion look then !

I've often wondered why anyone in their right mind would fork out the ludicrous prices for Yong Kim tat? Perhaps they're not in their right mind? Can't be! £103 will get you these beauties! Ooh and a very reasonable £5.95 to get them delivered. You'd pay less than £5.95 in Primark for something like this and the quality's probably just as good - if not better! It's laughable!

Attachments

• yong kim.jpg
    yong kim.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 186
I've often wondered why anyone in their right mind would fork out the ludicrous prices for Yong Kim tat? Perhaps they're not in their right mind? Can't be! £103 will get you these beauties! Ooh and a very reasonable £5.95 to get them delivered. You'd pay less than £5.95 in Primark for something like this and the quality's probably just as good - if not better! It's laughable!

Their way of covering the embarrassment of admitting the extortionate prices is to say ' we realise that it is a considered purchase '! You're not wrong there! Lol!

Their way of covering the embarrassment of admitting the extortionate prices is to say ' we realise that it is a considered purchase '! You're not wrong there! Lol!

Whereas in reality if it was really considered fully no one would probably purchase. I think easy pays are the devil in disguise at preventing the total price being fully considered.

Yong Kim customer orders 'crumpled tunic' then returns it to QVC stating 'after I ironed garment, it ended up 3 times too big & my DH said I looked like Demis Roussos'

I agree. I have a couple of the tunics which I wear a lot but I have not bought any from the range for 2 years now as the price is ridiculous.

Maybe the minority here, but like some of this range. Haven't purchased anything yet, like most find it very expensive and not sure it would look good on me! As they seem to drown and not suit most of the presenters and some models. :mysmilie_48:

The problem I have with the range (apart from the prices, and Ingrid Tarrant's insistence in wearing everything at once [sorry, "layering"] regardless of items' colours and/or patterns so she looks like a mad bag lady), is the sheer amount of crinkle.

I'd wear maybe a top in crinkle fabric offset by non-crinkled jeans or pants. But top to toe crinkle makes you look like you've slept in it

And I hate to be ageist, because I'm now on the wrong side of it. But there's a huge difference between a teenager or twentysomething wearing this kind of stuff and looking hip and trendy, and a fortysomething (like me!) wearing it and either looking like a mad bag lady, or as mutton dressed as lamb.

The problem I have with the range (apart from the prices, and Ingrid Tarrant's insistence in wearing everything at once [sorry, "layering"] regardless of items' colours and/or patterns so she looks like a mad bag lady), is the sheer amount of crinkle.

I'd wear maybe a top in crinkle fabric offset by non-crinkled jeans or pants. But top to toe crinkle makes you look like you've slept in it

I had to chuckle at the amount of 'crinkles' in your Post, but when I got to the last few words my wicked sense of humour got the better of me and thought of Ingrid's face. :mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back