How to delete a new thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
because I'm writing this, as there is no button to delete a new thread which I started to post.

Any ideas ?

Sorry, I've no idea. I deleted a thread I started fairly recently ok, but then there has been a few tweaks made to the forum lately after the problem with all the adverts. Let Graham know, he might be able to sort it.

If you can still edit your post in the new thread, could you delete what you’ve put and change it to “posted in error” or something?

Yes, that's a good idea - to just change the written text, which is essentially what I did. I tried all the symbols (see them all below in the new post box) to delete my post, but there wasn't one, which is why I had to 'edit' what I had written to something else.

No. I wrote a few sentences, then changed my mind. So (before posting) I looked around for the delete button. Even now, whilst typing there is nowhere to delete what I've just written. Lots of symbols for changing text / colour/ and all the other paraphernalia, but no delete button.

I deleted the text so it was a clear screen, then pressed the 'post reply' but it wouldn't allow me because there was 'less than the required letters'. So I just typed anything in order to 'post'.

No. I wrote a few sentences, then changed my mind. So (before posting) I looked around for the delete button. Even now, whilst typing there is nowhere to delete what I've just written. Lots of symbols for changing text / colour/ and all the other paraphernalia, but no delete button.

I deleted the text so it was a clear screen, then pressed the 'post reply' but it wouldn't allow me because there was 'less than the required letters'. So I just typed anything in order to 'post'.
If you hadn't got as far as 'post' you could have just hit the back button or 'new posts' to come out of it. The only way to delete a post once posted is for Graham or Sazza to delete it.

If you just delete the text that is all you need to do.

You cannot post a reply if the screen is clear.

Latest posts

Back