I’m in the medium.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR looks a real frump in that dress, I have no idea what she saw in the mirror when she put that on.:mysmilie_17:

Watching JR on the LR 3pm show and she looks nearer an 18 than a medium never mind a small.

She has had her hair dyed much darker and very black eye make up isn’t doing her any favours. She needs a much softer look but I can’t imagine her ever letting go of the black hair.

Now with greys being so fashionable it is a good time to give it a go, she can always go back.

I have taken the plunge myself and am loving it.
I'm grey, a streaky pepper & salt, & have been for 14 years since a student decided to clear his throat & spit in my hair. I'd got a hair appointment booked for that afternoon & told the wonderful woman who did my hair all about it. The words "I feel like having it all chopped off" gave me a pixie crop that I loved for a few months before going back to my bob. Our skin changes colour as we age, my closest friend is from Ghana & she's so much lighter at 62 than she was when we met at college, so artificially dark hair doesn't do us any favours. Everything about Queen Julia, make up, hair & choice of outfits, looks wrong at the moment; she's hanging on to the past & it's not doing her any favours.

I'm grey, a streaky pepper & salt, & have been for 14 years since a student decided to clear his throat & spit in my hair. I'd got a hair appointment booked for that afternoon & told the wonderful woman who did my hair all about it. The words "I feel like having it all chopped off" gave me a pixie crop that I loved for a few months before going back to my bob. Our skin changes colour as we age, my closest friend is from Ghana & she's so much lighter at 62 than she was when we met at college, so artificially dark hair doesn't do us any favours. Everything about Queen Julia, make up, hair & choice of outfits, looks wrong at the moment; she's hanging on to the past & it's not doing her any favours.

OMG!!!! what happened to the spitting student? How old was he? How did you manage that in the classroom?

OMG!!!! what happened to the spitting student? How old was he? How did you manage that in the classroom?

Absolutely nothing - he had 'issues'. 14. He was taken out by his support worker, the others were silent & then three of them came over to me with tissues, told the rest to get on with their work & one went for a member of management. My reaction was to just walk & do supply, my union were great & the students were even greater. I went to a different school two years later that was very different & gave me some of the best years of my working life. Last thing I heard about the person concerned was that he was serving a lengthy sentence for arson.

Catherine’s mum Jane is on and they said she was an 18. Now compare her to JR today and tell me she is a 12.

If she insists on a 12 for her wedding she will look a sight unless the “designer” sews the wrong label in to appease her.

I’m embracing the grey, so far so good! We could all squeeze into clothes too small for us, doesn’t mean they would look good or we could sit down in them. And we would look bigger than we are. Trussed up like a turkey is not flattering whatever the age. Julia and DF need true best friends or honest family members to whisper in their ear. Watching Jerry Springer many moons ago I was always surprised by the shoes the women wore, big and black with full coverage no matter how delicate the clothes. Dreadful.

Never in a million years could JR get those bosoms in to a size 12, not to mention her tummy, even her arrogance is bigger than a size twelve.

T, that must’ve been such a shock, so pleased you was happier when you moved xx

Always said JR’s hair colour is much too dark.Her face looks sallow and drawn topped with almost black hair.Lighten up Julia and tone down the tan!

Always said JR’s hair colour is much too dark.Her face looks sallow and drawn topped with almost black hair.Lighten up Julia and tone down the tan!

This was a hot topic in my hairdressers last weekend. It is a fab social event & everyone chats to each other (but only if you want to) They were discussing a more mature lady who is "doing a Julia) Everyone agreed that as we age, our skin colour changes & going softer with make up & hair colour is much more flattering. If she lightened her hair she wouldn't have to look like a leather handbag so much. I always think that sun worshippers who love a deep tan look really odd as their features seem to disappear especially on TV. There is no dimension to their faces. She does annoy me with her boasting & XXL ego but she is attractive, just a shame she doesn't have a restyle & let's face it, she is surrounded by stylists who would probably jump at the chance. They are probably too scared of suggesting it. I imagine she is the "Mariah" of QVC

I’m embracing the grey, so far so good! We could all squeeze into clothes too small for us, doesn’t mean they would look good or we could sit down in them. And we would look bigger than we are. Trussed up like a turkey is not flattering whatever the age. Julia and DF need true best friends or honest family members to whisper in their ear. Watching Jerry Springer many moons ago I was always surprised by the shoes the women wore, big and black with full coverage no matter how delicate the clothes. Dreadful.

They wore the big black shoes on Jerry Springer ready for the inevitable punch-up and they could then Boot each other! Most of those 'ladies' didn't fit the description!

Holy S she is getting worse. Now saying she wears a 10 YES A ****** 10, in MW trousers .

Surely there will be a white van along soon?

Good God, just caught a glimpse of Julia on the 1 pm Marla Wynne show - she looks like she is about to take off in that outfit. She looks awful. Surely someone behind the scenes should have a word and sort out outfits for her. She obviously has no idea herself, unless that is the stylists idea of looking good!

Catherine’s mum Jane is on and they said she was an 18. Now compare her to JR today and tell me she is a 12.

If she insists on a 12 for her wedding she will look a sight unless the “designer” sews the wrong label in to appease her.

I REALLY hope Julia wears the right size wedding dress or LATI you will be nail on the head and she will look fat. There you go, I said it.

Absolutely nothing - he had 'issues'. 14. He was taken out by his support worker, the others were silent & then three of them came over to me with tissues, told the rest to get on with their work & one went for a member of management. My reaction was to just walk & do supply, my union were great & the students were even greater. I went to a different school two years later that was very different & gave me some of the best years of my working life. Last thing I heard about the person concerned was that he was serving a lengthy sentence for arson.

That sounds horrible. Glad the students rallied round. 'Issues'....hah!

Oh! A woman has commented on the QVC Facebook about the female presenters being weighty!

She is 5'5" 63 years and a size 6-8 and none of the presenters or models represent people like her. Not sure how she has missed Jill Franks who looks like a size 2 or even 4?

Oh! A woman has commented on the QVC Facebook about the female presenters being weighty!

She is 5'5" 63 years and a size 6-8 and none of the presenters or models represent people like her. Not sure how she has missed Jill Franks who looks like a size 2 or even 4?

I suppose it depends what times of day she catches shows. If she's early to be she would mostly miss Jill Franks. I also think she needs to know that short in modelling terms is about 5'6" and that most of the girls are a size 8 or 1 0, and the camera adds pounds, so she would get a shock to see them in real life.

Also, would she say the same to their faces if she met them IRL? Or appreciate someone telling her she's too thin? If not, there are kinder ways to make her point, without fat/weight-shaming.

Never in a million years could JR get those bosoms in to a size 12, not to mention her tummy, even her arrogance is bigger than a size twelve.

T, that must’ve been such a shock, so pleased you was happier when you moved xx

Do you think she means a US 12? That would be a UK 16. Even then, the bosoms... I suppose she could always let them spill out as seems to be a fashion with "endowed ladies" (being polite here as quite a few of the weddings I've been to over the last few years have featured rather overweight women in strapless gowns that seemed not to have had the benefit of either truthful friends/family nor mirrors).

Issues?! Why do people have to be so politically correct these days? He was obviously a "wrong 'un" who'd been indulged enough to think that kind of behaviour was acceptable.

I'm so sorry you had to endure that. I bet you could put money on the kids that would end up behind bars and win back quite a bit. I live on the edge of a small but very rough estate. It's the same families that caused trouble when I was in school, yet it's never their fault if you listen to the parents - no, it's ****** well not. It's the parents' fault, but they simply can't see it. I sound horrible but I'm way past compassion for these kids now. Some of the stuff the even younger ones are doing is beyond pranks. Some is downright evil. Yet they get away for it for so long until one day they end up in prison then it's all over FB how wrong the justice system is (tell that to the people they've harmed along the way).

Latest posts

Back