I refuse to let Julian Ballantyne go...!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes your spot on, Catherine, Craig and Debbie so say buy every product they sell.

And then youve presenters like Simon and Charlie, who have both been given hours with there names in the title, Simon has his DIY projects, and Charlie his Gem hours.

if you don't toe the party line you are out! Charlie and his incredible love of gems and how he used to underestimate them wow! Catherine Huntley gushing for Britain regarding her love of everything that qvc sell and her adoration of "easy pays". Debbie flint just says it as it is you must buy at least three of these in her no nonsense manner. and craig rowes fiengned astonishment of all the goods that qvc sell being far superior to anything on the high street

dont know what his colour has to do with it...but I loved JB....I think its such a shame that hes gone (if its true)

dont know what his colour has to do with it...but I loved JB....I think its such a shame that hes gone (if its true)

I concur 100% re his ethnicity, although he isn't a fave of mine. In all waks of life, it is beyond me why some people feel the need to make everything about the colour of one's skin. When that colour is black. This is inverted racism. We live in such a multi - cultural/ethnic/religion society, that black - and I use this word after asking black friends of mine, how they would describe themseves - people cannot now accuse every tom, dick, or harry, of showing racism toward them. I see Jules as a presenter, not a black guy working in tv.

Q is a business just like any other so we the customers will never have a say in who stays or who goes. It`s the same in every workplace isn`t it ? Who`se to know that those who are leaving are actually leaving by choice for whatever reason and haven`t actually been pushed and have had contracts offered but have simply refused to sign them. I guess we`ll never know the full truth either way. Often people see themselves as being worth far more than they`re offered and the personnas we see on screen are probably 100% different than behind the screen.
On my part I actually don`t care who goes or who stays. They`re just glorified sales people to me but I rarely watch the live shows and if I want to buy from Q then I shop online. Maybe Q have plans to revamp and are beginning with the presenters and maybe there`ll be more leaving as contracts come up for renewal, who knows and maybe some presenters will work for far less money than others, it`s all a guessing game.

Thank you for your comments and for welcoming me to this forum.
I just want to clarify that at no point was I suggesting that Julian's disappearance or ability had anything to do with the colour of his skin. It also makes me happy that people have commented on how they never really saw him as non-white, as it means that it’s his personality that makes him memorable. Being mixed-race and also from (at the time) a virtually entirely white, working class, northern town (as I believe Jules did), I know I had to try much harder than the next kid to get noticed for the right reasons. As QVC studios are based in London, where almost 40% of the population is now non-white, I don’t think I’m being entirely unreasonable in feeling slightly unrepresented in certain areas of TV.
I am of an age where I grew up watching Julian on Saturday morning kids TV in the late 80’s and always found him an inspiration in my younger years when positive, mixed-race, male role models on TV were few and far between, so was pleased to see him regularly on QVC in more recent years. It was seasoned presenters like he and a few of the other long-standing ones that made me think QVC as a cut-above some of the other, more monotonous channels, for bringing personality and humour to the proceedings, rather than the “sell, sell, sell!” attitude, like a pushy salesman in a department store.
I welcome the fact that people have their own reasons for liking various presenters and I whole-heartedly agree that a person’s ability to do a job should never be about race or skin colour, but for my story and my reasons, which I don’t expect everyone to relate to, his colour played a positive part.

A lovely post Kermit and I'm sure Julian would be touched by your thoughts.

Julian! If you're reading this, let the dust settle, and then join us here for a natter, you'd be very welcome!

I will definitely miss Jules, but really, really hope that after 19 years on QVC, he's the one behind the move and that he's got better things to do.

Julian has been on QVC for so long, almost from the start, and regularly at the weekend that it feels a bit strange that he's just disappeared. QVC are being discourteous to him and the viewers that watch and like him if they don't acknowledge his leaving, or give him a send-off or whatever - however his leaving came about. It makes nonsense of all that 'QVC family' they're always shoving in our faces too.

Well I like Julian and Debbie and think it is a shame we haven't seen them for a while, whatever the reason. I haven't seen any confirmation that they have not renewed their contracts, been fired or run off into the sunset together. They will missed for a while, but life is full of change.

I do think that its not very professional or respectful not to mention their departure. They could have easily put a mention in the QVC Gossip email that they send out. Just a simple, 'they are no longer with us and we wish them the best for the future' would have been fine. At least it would have confirmed that they have gone, whatever the reason.

I liked Debbie but will not miss Julian, just couldn't stand his voice.However that is beside the point, wish them the best for the future.

So much better (and believable) than the Zelebrity name dropping from other presenters!

Don,t care what colour he is he was just a presenter as far as i am concerned just could not stand his fawning over the gnome quite pathetic having said that i wish him well no one is safe in work these days.

Perhaps this is why JB is no longer around QVC.....The founder and co-owner of Village of Beauty, Julian Ballantyne, has worked at the forefront of sales for over 20 years alongside many of the major hair and beauty companies in the UK.

Often selling their brands, he has a wide knowledge of what customers require and has seen the beauty business develop in this country over the last couple decades.

It was a natural progression to open his own hair and beauty salon, but it was necessary to first find the right location and, more importantly, the right team to work alongside. With the help of co-owner and award-winning beautician, Kamila, they feel they have achieved all of the above.

Karolina is a junior partner in the business and the inspiration behind the design of Village Of Beauty. Her insistence of every minor detail being covered and insuring that your experience in Village Of Beauty will be enjoyable from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave.

The final piece of the jigsaw was to source the the finest equipment and the finest products. As a result that they have created the perfect environment for both female and male clients in Village of Beauty.

That made me laugh he did not know a thing about beauty products when he did a beauty show which was few and far between.

It's the end of an era. Used to love his easy-going banter on a Saturday morning with Richard Jackson. Just nice comfortable TV with a presenter who has kept me company (and sold me a lot of stuff) for a couple of decades. What a shame.

Yes, i bet Richard Jackson, was shocked when he was told, or im guessing he was told, if Juilan has left. As there seemed to be a real true friendship between them, Richard would often bring up Julians name, even when he was not presenting. Comments like Mr Ballantyne would do this or something.

Latest posts

Back