I smell a rat.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
And a dirty great rat it is too.

Item 302101 - the Bronzo Italia bracelet that previously aired and was a recent TSV.

Mum was interested in this item but, before purchasing and as we usually do, she asked me to check the reviews on the QVC website to see how other purchasers had fared. The reviews were mostly positive but 2 or 3 had mentioned that the magnetic clasp had come open while they were wearing the bracelet and that it had been sent back as a result. Mum still went ahead and purchased the bracelet but, just to be sure, I also found a cheap safety chain on ebay to go with it. All is well and good, she actually likes the bracelet and the little chain does its job. However, just out of curiosity, we've been back to the QVC site just to see if anyone had had any problems since and, lo and behold, there isn't a single review there now that mentions the clasp coming undone. All the reviews are 5 star and I know they certainly were not when I first looked. This bothers me a lot as it shows the reviews system is either being deliberately managed or is simply unreliable - either way it cannot be trusted. Has anyone else noticed anything like this happening on items?

I hane had negative reviews received and published online only for them to disappear a day or two before the item goes to air again. Always thought the reviews were edited to suit up and coming shows.

Isn't this the perfect thing to report to the ASA? After taking a screen shot of course (before they are 'disappeared'!

And a dirty great rat it is too.

Item 302101 - the Bronzo Italia bracelet that previously aired and was a recent TSV.

Mum was interested in this item but, before purchasing and as we usually do, she asked me to check the reviews on the QVC website to see how other purchasers had fared. The reviews were mostly positive but 2 or 3 had mentioned that the magnetic clasp had come open while they were wearing the bracelet and that it had been sent back as a result. Mum still went ahead and purchased the bracelet but, just to be sure, I also found a cheap safety chain on ebay to go with it. All is well and good, she actually likes the bracelet and the little chain does its job. However, just out of curiosity, we've been back to the QVC site just to see if anyone had had any problems since and, lo and behold, there isn't a single review there now that mentions the clasp coming undone. All the reviews are 5 star and I know they certainly were not when I first looked. This bothers me a lot as it shows the reviews system is either being deliberately managed or is simply unreliable - either way it cannot be trusted. Has anyone else noticed anything like this happening on items?

I haven't noticed it, Moth. But if it is happening, I would have thought that was a case for ASA to become involved, as it is giving a misleading impression of a product. Have you brought this to the attention of the powers that be at the Q?

Items seem to appear and then disappear from searches. An example I found was the Pure Pedi exfoliating boot things. I was considering them and wanted to see what the reviews were - they were very scathing about them and, when the automatic Pedi thing was a TSV you couldn't find the boot thingies in search. They re-appeared a few days later.

Sadly I have no evidence of this so I can't make any official complaints about it. I suspect QVC would say it was a technical problem to cover their asses.

Latest posts

Back