I thought congratulations were due

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think Debbie is a good shape but that dress did nothing for her.The trousers from this range ( Control whatever?) looked awful on the superslim models.I have lost some weight on Weight Watchers & hope Cathy does well too.

I think Debbie is a good shape but that dress did nothing for her.The trousers from this range ( Control whatever?) looked awful on the superslim models.I have lost some weight on Weight Watchers & hope Cathy does well too.

well done on the weight watchers loss, fantastic!! I hope Kathy does well too, you've both got more willpower than me at the mo. (they are advertising on tv at the moment that if you join online you get 3 months or something free? incase you hadn't seen the ad, might be worth a look up).

Saw Debbie Flint tonight in the most awful dress. Her stomach was sticking out so much I thought she looked pregnant. It was a "Control Wear" dress apparently. She said several times she was wearing a medium - a few sizes larger would have been better maybe.

Looks like that Diet Chef food she was eating in the New Year didn't work!

I thought she was into bondage !

I honestly think that most posts on this thread aren't catty, DF is pushed into wearing something that doesn't fit and doesn't flatter her figure because that's what QVC are selling in that particular show, what's catty about saying that? I actually think that calling slim people skinny minnies is a bit rude! BTW my figure is more like DF's than a size 6 model.

These posts don't say anything about Debbie being forced to wear a garment.

I think Debbie Flint has a lovely figure,she is 50 this year so I suspect pregnancy would not be on the cards anyway!!
I agree the outfit looked a bit tight but what the hell she probably wouldn't have worn it off air.I have a stomach like a partly deflated space hopper so comparatively I would look much much worse ha!!

Last edited:
I would rather see someone shaped like Debbie & Kathy than Anna. I flicked onto the Beauty Channel the other day & she was wearing a sleeveless dress. She looked awful, her head looks too big for her body & her arms .....It reminded me of some of the shots of Princess Diana when she had her eating disorder.

I'm well & truly an apple shape. When I was pregnant & they took me in with toxaemia ( all of 32 years ago ) my waist was 44 inches. I am 60 inches tall & I looked like a wibbly wobbly man. I have never lost all the flab despite exercising my abdominals like mad after I had my daughter. I would be a good candidate for one of those apronectomys. :sad:

Last edited:
I bet she had no choice of size as sometimes the models have to wear bigger sizes ..it certainly seems to be a problem that they can`t organize the right sizes in studio for the presentation

The best I have seen her is in an Antthony top (the stripped one) and also the frilly top and skirt of Pompoose:happy:

also i wouldn't describe kathy as slim but i wouldn't call her fat either. to me at least, her and debbie not only look "normal" but they seem comfortable with how they are. that makes them far more enjoyable to watch than those who are obsessed with how they look and forever checking themselves out.

i saw DF in that dress too.I thought poor debbie.I have seen CH wearing that dress before and it looked lovely on her.It goes to show that you should dress for your shape.I'm an "apple" like DF,my stomach is my "problem" area,i have a "good" bust - whereas my arms,legs and bottom are all quite slim.

Just want to add I think Debbie and Kathy have lovely figures feel sorry when they are forced into something too tight and usually too short.

I think Debbie is a good shape but that dress did nothing for her.The trousers from this range ( Control whatever?) looked awful on the superslim models.I

I think Debbie Flint has a lovely figure,she is 50 this year so I suspect pregnancy would not be on the cards anyway!!
I agree the outfit looked a bit tight but what the hell she probably wouldn't have worn it off air.I have a stomach like a partly deflated space hopper so comparatively I would look much much worse ha!!

I still think there are more supportive comments on here than critical ones.

I would rather see someone shaped like Debbie & Kathy than Anna. I flicked onto the Beauty Channel the other day & she was wearing a sleeveless dress. She looked awful, her head looks too big for her body & her arms .....It reminded me of some of the shots of Princess Diana when she had her eating disorder.

I'm well & truly an apple shape. When I was pregnant & they took me in with toxaemia ( all of 32 years ago ) my waist was 44 inches. I am 60 inches tall & I looked like a wibbly wobbly man. I have never lost all the flab despite exercising my abdominals like mad after I had my daughter. I would be a good candidate for one of those apronectomys. :sad:

I've never heard of an apronectmy but I know precisely what it means. I was shopping a couple of weeks ago in my local supermarket and this poor woman had her bare apron on show. She was wearing cropped trousers and it was all hanging out. I so wanted to tell her but I didn't have the nerve. I'm no skinny liz and I don't have that much of an apron but please god if I am ever wandering round with it on show will someone tell me!! lol

I still think there are more supportive comments on here than critical ones.

I agree there are now, but like I said in your response to my first post there was not a positive comment regarding either Debbie or Kathy when I checked and started my post about being a lot of washboard abdo's about.
My first post in this thread was critical of the general feeling at the start that Debbie looked like she was pregnant, which I felt was insulting.
Yes the thread with others posting has now turned to be a lot more supportive, but that is only due to those new posters who have taken not to make catty comments.
Thank you.
Bags

Last edited:
I've never heard of an apronectmy but I know precisely what it means. I was shopping a couple of weeks ago in my local supermarket and this poor woman had her bare apron on show. She was wearing cropped trousers and it was all hanging out. I so wanted to tell her but I didn't have the nerve. I'm no skinny liz and I don't have that much of an apron but please god if I am ever wandering round with it on show will someone tell me!! lol

they're called abdominoplastys now - my friend told me off when i said she's had an apronectomy. i also wouldn't recommend it - she nearly died!

I am happy to say I don't believe I need one and am not sure I'd do it even if I. But I am equally certain that I don't want it on show ... whether it's mine or someone else's

I am finding this thread quite tame compared to some of the other threads regarding certain presenters.

they're called abdominoplastys now - my friend told me off when i said she's had an apronectomy. i also wouldn't recommend it - she nearly died!

There is a high risk of blood clots with this op. I have a friend whose sister in law died as a result of having it done.

And I would never subject the general public by having my lot on show :mysmilie_460:

Debbie suits her shape and always seems comfortable with herself,I like her even though she overdoes the hard sell sometimes. she doesn't say she uses everything either.her skin is really good and in the past she has said she uses Liz Earle and some Gatineau.

I am finding this thread quite tame compared to some of the other threads regarding certain presenters.

Tame or not compared to other threads, still doesn't change the fact commenting that someone approaching 50 in a couple of months, looks pregnant IMHO is not very nice.

Tame or not compared to other threads, still doesn't change the fact commenting that someone approaching 50 in a couple of months, looks pregnant IMHO is not very nice.
We all have our own ideas of what is acceptable and what isn't. I see a lot of things on here that I find distasteful and rude but others seem to have no trouble with.

The garment was clearly too clingy on Debbie & the next size up may have been better. I think we may have all made that mistake with clothing, I know I have, but have had the good sense to go for the next size up. It does you no favours at all trying to squeeze into a smaller size & actually makes you look a lot worse as it highlights every lump & bump.

The garment was clearly too clingy on Debbie & the next size up may have been better. I think we may have all made that mistake with clothing, I know I have, but have had the good sense to go for the next size up. It does you no favours at all trying to squeeze into a smaller size & actually makes you look a lot worse as it highlights every lump & bump.

I did think that but I also thought at least her belly isn't as big as mine!

Well said Lillian! Don't think the pregnancy remark was meant to be spiteful 'cause like me, the OP possibly didn't think of DF being past her childbearing years. Clothes that don't fit properly do not flatter, and that also applies to clothes that are too big for the wearer. If they're aiming to sell the clothes, which they obviously are, why do they allow the presenter to go on air looking like a sausage that's bursting out of its skin?Don't they take time before the shows to prep, and make sure the garments suit the presenter as well as fit properly...clearly not!

If the term" skinny Minnie's "ok, then the same should go for "Fatty Hattie" ...but it isn't for some reason! I don't care what size people are tbh, we come in all shapes and sizes, but I do think everybody, regardless of this will look better in clothes that fit and suit them.

I agree about Skinnie Minnie" being as rude as "Fattie". No one would dream of going up to an overweight person and saying" oi dont you think you ought to lose some weight?" but when I lost a couple of stone a while ago ,which I did without mentioning it at work but as it became noticable I was fair game for colleagues to comment and warn me I was getting too thin and being slim makes you look old etc.(size 12 btw not thin!) Sadly this was from very overweight ladies whose size is their business and as such I would not comment on it or advise them to lose weight.

Oh I worked with a woman who put fruit on our desks in the morning in an effort to keep us healthy..except she didn't put it on any slim girl's desks. I told her slim doesn't always mean healthy and that her method was insulting to which she replied don't you want to be thin? I walked off knowing this was her problem not mine!

Latest posts

Back