I thought congratulations were due

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm suprised you all find skinny Minnie offensive, I thought it quite endearing. Is skinny a derogatory a word? I'd understand if I said skinny ninny....I'm genuinely asking, is slim or thin better? How about slim Jim?...thin lynn?....how about slender Glenda?

How about slim or thin people are accorded the same courtesy as overweight people who are generally not "affectionately" referred to as" two ton Tess"or being told that being fat makes you look old or unwell by collagues.

I'm suprised you all find skinny Minnie offensive, I thought it quite endearing. Is skinny a derogatory a word? I'd understand if I said skinny ninny....I'm genuinely asking, is slim or thin better? How about slim Jim?...thin lynn?....how about slender Glenda?
If somebody called me a skinny anything I'd probably snog them. :tongue:

How about slim or thin people are accorded the same courtesy as overweight people who are generally not "affectionately" referred to as" two ton Tess"or being told that being fat makes you look old or unwell by collagues.

So no lean Jean or lank Hank?

Yes totally agree about the collagues thing....being overweight is an emotive subject for a lot of women.

Yes it is an emotive issue, which is why I didnt dare draw attention to the fact I wanted to lose a little weight as I rightly guessed what the reaction would be.

debbie has a lovely figure. a good hourglass shape. sometimes i think they are just given a dress and sometimes it will fit or other times they have to make do.

Yes it is an emotive issue, which is why I didnt dare draw attention to the fact I wanted to lose a little weight as I rightly guessed what the reaction would be.

I'm the same, if I want to shift a few pounds, I usually just keep to myself, I don't need any imput from anyone.

I didn't see DF in that dress, but usually she looks amazing, IMO. Like all of us, she has good points in her appearance (gorgeous hair and skin, lovely make-up and always well groomed), as well as weak points (a bit stocky), but I'm always glad that we all look so differemt and beautiful in our own way. What a horrible world where all women resembled Barbie.

I was always the chubby one in a family of skinnies, and spent years trying to see an attractive woman in the mirror. What a shame I was in my late 30s before I liked what i saw. Sometimes i wonder about what I could have achieved if i hadn't obsessed do much on my appeatance and products to improve it.

I don't think this thread is particularly vicious, but I do thinl as women we can obsess ober apprarsnces, our own and other women's.

I'm a fat cow and I'll be the first to admit it. My size is the same as my age lol 26! Due to depression, 4 children and medication and just plain overeating I have ballooned from a 10-12 Pre- babies. I get very sensitive about my weight but I'm guilty of calling thin people skinny minnie, skeleton etc but that's purely jealousy on my behalf, I'm ashamed to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am really sorry you are going through the mill with your health Jacqueline and hope things begin improving for you soon. Keep sparkling x

Oh I worked with a woman who put fruit on our desks in the morning in an effort to keep us healthy..except she didn't put it on any slim girl's desks. I told her slim doesn't always mean healthy and that her method was insulting to which she replied don't you want to be thin? I walked off knowing this was her problem not mine!

How unbelievably rude, you couldn't get away with that in this day and age. The thing I find personally upsetting :mysmilie_853: is when I say 'I'm trying to loose a few pounds', years ago I'd get the reply 'no you don't need to, you are fine' now I don't get any response...... silence hurts :).

I am really sorry you are going through the mill with your health Jacqueline and hope things begin improving for you soon. Keep sparkling x

Thank you very much Bauble. I have Psychotic Depression which is basically bi polar with not as many 'high' moments. Coupled with self harm, adjustment disorder and anxiety it's a struggle but luckily my DH is an angel. Thanks again for your wishes xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back