Ice-cold Kelly Hoppen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Just tuned in to see K. Hoppen all bedecked in her signature grey, touting her wares. Try though I might, I just cannot warm to her. She radiates coldness, sitting there with her "Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction" hairdo. Jill Franks is doing her best to keep the conversation going but it's like watching someone heap coals onto some dying embers. So detached is Ms Hoppen. Franks is scrunching up her face in all kinds of contortions in an attempt to seem sincere but it's all rather forced, I'm afraid.

I think she's great on The Great Interior Design Challenge, not cold at all.

Kelly H and Jill F both leave me cold, I couldn't be bothered to watch either of them, imo they both ooze insincerity.

K.H. Leaves me cold I can't stand the woman I would love to chop that hair off it's awful and dated.

Don't think she would warm up if she was swathed in her designer bedding.She always exudes an air of a Queen Bee ready to sting the a*****off of her minions.My opinion of course -she could be a real sweetheart off screen.:mysmilie_47:

Last edited:
Her jewellery looks like something from the pound shop. Do people actually buy this tat? I can't believe she would wear this stuff herself - laughing all the way to the bank me thinks.

I have previously bought two throws from the Kelly Hoppen range, one for myself & one as a gift but trust me I will not be buying anymore. The throws are beautiful but having seen how this ignorant woman conducts herself on screen I will not be responsible for lining her pockets! I have seen her acting very rudely to Debbie, Jackie & Jilly & it is totally uncalled for. All the ladies were trying to contribute to the shows by suggesting their ideas & they just got glared at & had got told "No, certainly not" Listen Madam, if people part with their money to make you richer they can mix whatever colours they want together & put as many Charlie Bears as they want on their beds. She's nothing but a spoilt liitle diva who thinks everyone should do it "The Hoppen Way" Sorry but we have our own ideas!

I have previously bought two throws from the Kelly Hoppen range, one for myself & one as a gift but trust me I will not be buying anymore. The throws are beautiful but having seen how this ignorant woman conducts herself on screen I will not be responsible for lining her pockets! I have seen her acting very rudely to Debbie, Jackie & Jilly & it is totally uncalled for. All the ladies were trying to contribute to the shows by suggesting their ideas & they just got glared at & had got told "No, certainly not" Listen Madam, if people part with their money to make you richer they can mix whatever colours they want together & put as many Charlie Bears as they want on their beds. She's nothing but a spoilt liitle diva who thinks everyone should do it "The Hoppen Way" Sorry but we have our own ideas!

I must admit I did laugh when Jill Franks was seemingly trying to ingratiate herself with Ms Hoppen, and she started saying something along the lines of: "I'm a lot like you, I never wear prints," to which Hoppen replied: "I do, actually. I've just started wearing them!" The look on Franks's face was priceless!!! ahhhahahahahahaha!

Imagine having Kelly Hoppen and Liz Earle on the same show. There wouldn't be enough room for their egos!

I'll never forget one of her first ever shows when she appeared with Craig. She clearly thought her mic was off as they cut to the end of the show, and she was heard to say "that's another 60 thou made". Obviously she'll put up with being on the lowly QVC if it means making £60,000 in an hour !

I'll never forget one of her first ever shows when she appeared with Craig. She clearly thought her mic was off as they cut to the end of the show, and she was heard to say "that's another 60 thou made". Obviously she'll put up with being on the lowly QVC if it means making £60,000 in an hour !

Lol! Brilliant! I'd love to know what else they talk about.

Just tuned in to see K. Hoppen all bedecked in her signature grey, touting her wares. Try though I might, I just cannot warm to her. She radiates coldness, sitting there with her "Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction" hairdo. Jill Franks is doing her best to keep the conversation going but it's like watching someone heap coals onto some dying embers. So detached is Ms Hoppen. Franks is scrunching up her face in all kinds of contortions in an attempt to seem sincere but it's all rather forced, I'm afraid.

I know, I am not really much of a Jill Franks fan as I find her to 'lunch with the girls' persona (in that she in my opinion goes OTT with her use of superlatives and how she is 'super excited' all the time, however even my sympathy was with her in this hour, I mean the person (I think she is called Racheal) who usually presents the bedding shows for Kelly is genuine, approachable and warm and of course knows her product knowledge, there are times when Kelly is just a salesperson for her own stock and she doesn't seem to know what the stock is that she is trying to sell. I remember on one occasion she had no idea what thread count a TSV was, I mean come on Kelly, I know you are just the name behind the stuff, but even so you should still have been better prepped.

No Jill for once, as I say had my sympathy!

I would love to know the true level of involvement Kelly Hoppen has with the range sold on QVC.
Good point! I remember once she was talking about a throw and said she was pleased it looked so good because, of course, she had only seen a sample until then. I got the impression that was a sample of the fabric, not even a sample throw. That really surprised me; surely if you make it you see and are fully conversant with everything in the range....

I'm rarely impressed by any designer brand, if you saw the same stuff in a discount type store, plainer packaging and cheaper, would it still be a must have?

Remember Pierre Cardin? he was a designer from the 60s I think, he 'sold on' his name to be used for everything and anything. You could hardly move in cheapo shops for Pierre Cardin brand stuff, his designer name was of course meaningless by then, just a name on something cheap, nothing more.

I think Kelly Hoppen is the snootiest guest ever to appear on Q, and that's saying something.

The ranges that Amanda Lamb and Alison Cork bring to air are also to some extent the same as neither seem to know fully the extent of the products, I mean Marie-Francoise (sp) Kippling bags presenter, knows intementally the bags that she sells and not only that but the different complementary bags etc.. No considering she is just a 'voice piece' for the brand she is extreamly good. The Lulu Guiness guest presenter (not the latest one, the one that reminds be very much of a 'London 'it' girl's friend), also knows the brand but then she should do as she works with Lulu. No Kelly, Amanda, Alison and now Ruth are all just being 'used' (in the nicest possible way), by Q so that QVC can have more 'exclusive lines', also in that list I forgot (how anyone could ever forget) 'the gardening gnome'!

Latest posts

Back