If QVC DON'T re-sell returned/used items.........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
.......where are all these 'yellow ochre' & 'taupe print' bags from the last Kipling TSV, that keep popping in & out of existence, coming from???

There is no longer a cheque hold facility & too late to have been returned under the DSRs, where people have taken one look & thought 'nope, not for me', not bothered to take it out of the packaging, taped it up & sent it straight back?
They are always in dribs & drabs, 1-3 units, so unlikely to be offical 'new stock'........so what are they then QVC & where are they coming from.....? :wonder:

(I wouldn't mind a yellow one but I don't want somebody else's that they've toted round for a week before deciding they don't really like it that much after all!)

You've answered your own question, Kitten, and I'm ashamed to say I've been very naive about this and only realised what was happening fairly recently. To make matters worse Customer Services lie about it when challenged "Oh no, we NEVER send out goods that aren't new".

It wouldn't quite be as bad if the things were reduced in price but I seriously object to paying full whack for something that's been used for a month.

Last edited:
As I've said before, my partner wanted a bag that was sold out, then it became available again so she ordered it, and it came complete with a tube of ointment inside it!

If you think about it logically QVC must have hundreds of returned items every week. That`s a hell of a lot of revenue to lose if they don`t re-sell stuff and Q certainly aren`t gonna lose out so of course they re-sell stuff. They offer the 30 days returns but whether an item`s been returned used or not should be the issue. I wouldn`t want someone`s used epilator or a handbag which has been toted around for a month. If something is returned straight away, unused, then that`s different but I`ve a feeling a lot of stuff IS used before being put back on sale. Shops won`t accept returns if labels have been removed or the item has been worn or used, unless its faulty of course so I think Q should stipulate the same.

My previous post was in reply to Janie, there has been an intervening post, but the forum will NOT let me edit it to make this clear.

As I've said before, my partner wanted a bag that was sold out, then it became available again so she ordered it, and it came complete with a tube of ointment inside it!

What did QVC say when you informed them?

PJ.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

What did QVC say when you informed them?

PJ.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

We didn't, because we carefully examined the bag and it seemed as good as new.

If we'd found anything wrong with it, and with the ointment being proof that it was a used return, it would have been a different matter.

But it did prove that QVC themselves did not bother to check it before sending it out.

Perhaps they would have told me that the ointment fell off a worker's desk in the factory lol.

If the item has a sticker with 2 barcodes on it, it's a return that's been resold (correct me if I'm wrong). I don't have a problem with this as most retailers re-sell returns but they tend not to have such a loose returns policy, so most of their returns are required to be unworn with tags intact. QVC maybe need improve their inspection of returned items before they're returned to the warehouse shelves and I'd have more respect for them if they were honest about things.

Jude xx

I'm not aware that I've ever had a used return but I'm sure I've had a return. Jude ... sorry to be thick ... but where is the double barcode? On the package or the paperwork.

QVC policy is different to mist stores but even so some of those bags coming back in to stock could be unused returns.

we can debate for evermore whether they should resell returns (and we have). the point is, they lie about it and insist they don't. i personally don't want anything at their inflated prices unless i'm the first person to lay eyes on it. the fact they lie about it just adds insult to injury.

The two barcodes are on a single white paper label somewhere on the item's packaging (manufacturer's box or poly bag, not on the outer mail sack or QVC box), this is certainly the case on clothing, some craft items and handbags. Agree that they insult our intelligence by persisting with the fiction regarding the resale of returns. If the items are perfect then I don't really mind if they've been returned. Certainly buying from Last Clicks or when penny numbers reappear in stock following a sell out increases the likelihood of receiving a return ime.

Jude xx

I learnt to my cost from an eBay purchase that the presence of "original tags" on any item does not ensure it hasn't been used. It clearly isn't that difficult to get hold of the labelling guns that attach them.

QVC sent me a used Kipling bag once. It contained a variety of items, including a used nail file (!)
When I phoned to complain, they told me, over and over, that they do not sell used items.

Think trading standard should've been informed. How else did those items get in the bag? The PO or Hermes put them in for you?

QVC sent me a used Kipling bag once. It contained a variety of items, including a used nail file (!)
When I phoned to complain, they told me, over and over, that they do not sell used items.

I'm surprised they didn't suggest it was a 'bonus' because you're such a good customer !

They definitely do send out used items. I ordered a replacement clarisonic as the first one had no sonic, and was sent one which had been used. I could tell because all the brissles on all the brushes were out of shape, missing info. booklets and there was no safety plastic thing on the pins of the plug. I was disgusted. Again, CS said they never send out returns! Have said I will go for a replacement, but maybe I shouldn't have.

i love the stories these threads always provoke - bring on the teabgs and curry smells....:giggle:

Latest posts

Back