In defence of bid

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's a wind up. Someone's come on here to get a reaction, and they're getting it.

I'm not playing any more
Making a controversial statement (especially for a newcomer), then subsequently turning it into a joke...classic forum trolling behaviour. Please ignore them.

Ouch. Really I'm not trolling (what's trolling?). It's not really a controversial statement at all, I don't think the channels are anywhere near as bad as you make out and I'm confident I can defend the tactics to the point where any reasonable person would have to agree with me.

I'm making light of it because I'm a newcomer and don't want to get into a heated argument thus annoying long time members.

Are you for real? OK, let's put it another way.

Bexi multi-buy's 9 x Tanzanite Rings which have a net weight of, let's say 200g.

How the feck did you know about that? I didn't tell a soul :blush:

Last edited:
Ouch. Really I'm not trolling (what's trolling?). It's not really a controversial statement at all, I don't think the channels are anywhere near as bad as you make out and I'm confident I can defend the tactics to the point where any reasonable person would have to agree with me.

I'm making light of it because I'm a newcomer and don't want to get into a heated argument thus annoying long time members.[/Q

@Ilovebid

Firstly let me give you the benefit of the doubt by assuming that you are not in some way affiliated to,or acting on behalf of Bid (and it's only an assumption-I'm far from convinced that you don't have an interest that you are not declaring).
You say that you can justify the tactics to the satisfaction of any reasonable person,so perhaps you can start with this one.
Bid sell cheap mass produced Chinese watches which are branded with various made up names often Italian sounding.Two examples are 'Roberto Vecci' and 'Gianni Sabatini'.Others include 'Thomas Earnshaw' and 'Christin Lars'
These are repeatedly described by Bid presenter James Russell as (and I quote)
'The epitome of Italan chic'
'Made not in a factory,but in a workshop by horologists who are passionate about what they do'
As having a strap 'made from hand-stitched Italian leather'
and a 'historic heritage'.
As 'premiered at the Basel watch show'.
In fact all of the above claims are entirely false,so I would be most interested to hear your defence of what is patently bent selling.
There are so many examples of lies and deceipt in the back posts of this forum that it would take a number of full working days to acquaint yourself with them,however I suggest you begin by googling 'Bid TV ASA' and read how the tactics you so admire failed to win the support of the regulatory body on a variety of misrepresentations.
I look forward to you returning to the forum when can provide a detailed rebuttal of specific charges of mis-selling rather than the fatuous and airy fairy generalisations that you have mustered thus far.

Last edited:

I'm making light of it because I'm a newcomer and don't want to get into a heated argument thus annoying long time members.[/Q

@Ilovebid

Firstly let me give you the benefit of the doubt by assuming that you are not in some way affiliated to,or acting on behalf of Bid (and it's only an assumption-I'm far from convinced that you don't have an interest that you are not declaring).
You say that you can justify the tactics to the satisfaction of any reasonable person,so perhaps you can start with this one.
Bid sell cheap mass produced Chinese watches which are branded with various made up names often Italian sounding.Two examples are 'Roberto Vecci' and 'Gianni Sabatini'.Others include 'Thomas Earnshaw' and 'Christin Lars'
These are repeatedly described by Bid presenter James Russell as (and I quote)
'The epitome of Italan chic'
'Made not in a factory,but in a workshop by horologists who are passionate about what they do'
As having a strap 'made from hand-stitched Italian leather'
and a 'historic heritage'.
As 'premiered at the Basel watch show'.
In fact all of the above claims are entirely false,so I would be most interested to hear your defence of what is patently bent selling.
There are so many examples of lies and deceipt in the back posts of this forum that it would take a number of full working days to acquaint yourself with them,however I suggest you begin by googling 'Bid TV ASA' and read how the tactics you so admire failed to win the support of the regulatory body on a variety of misrepresentations.
I look forward to you returning to the forum when can provide a detailed rebuttal of specific charges of mis-selling rather than the fatuous and airy fairy generalisations that you have mustered thus far.

Thanks for the benefit of the doubt:)
I can categorically assure you I have no affiliation to the channel in any way.

Ok, give me a specific complaint you have, and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the benefit of the doubt:)
I can categorically assure you I have no affiliation to the channel in any way.

Ok, give me a specific complaint you have, and I'll see what I can do.

Yet you're VERY determined to prove Bid to be whiter than white.

Interesting for someone with no ties to the channel. Or the sit-up organisation?

How magnanimous of you :nod:

We may have different views on here however I think it makes a pleasant change to have someone on here that supports Bid wihilst being humerous & friendly with the rest of the population, (ooops I mean us on the forum), who don't admire this company's general sales ethics currently. I still can't quite believe that you think the p&p & call charges are reasonable ILoveBid, but each to their own I guess :happy:

Funniest post on here please do me a favour situp tv HONEST yer right, pigs might fly.Come on these channels are clearly dying a small painful death, time is up for the likes of Peter Simon and Sally Jaxx thanks especially Jaxx ruined bidtv with there crap fashion ranges, I'd rather buy from the shops then buy from them.Ive never and will never buy from these ghastly channels, it's over now.oh no becque on tonight ****** Mark Reyes on AGAIN AND I hate these new presenters get rid.Not hardly watching theses fools any longer.

Yet you're VERY determined to prove Bid to be whiter than white.

Interesting for someone with no ties to the channel. Or the sit-up organisation?

How magnanimous of you :nod:

Ah, but I'm not saying they are whiter than white - but they are not worthy of the criticism some people afford them.

We may have different views on here however I think it makes a pleasant change to have someone on here that supports Bid wihilst being humerous & friendly with the rest of the population, (ooops I mean us on the forum), who don't admire this company's general sales ethics currently. I still can't quite believe that you think the p&p & call charges are reasonable ILoveBid, but each to their own I guess :happy:

Thank you very much. Big kiss for you X

Funniest post on here please do me a favour situp tv HONEST yer right, pigs might fly.Come on these channels are clearly dying a small painful death, time is up for the likes of Peter Simon and Sally Jaxx thanks especially Jaxx ruined bidtv with there crap fashion ranges, I'd rather buy from the shops then buy from them.Ive never and will never buy from these ghastly channels, it's over now.oh no becque on tonight ****** Mark Reyes on AGAIN AND I hate these new presenters get rid.Not hardly watching theses fools any longer.

Hmm...but your still watching are you not?
These channels will re invent the format when sales dip too low, don't worry, do not worry, it's going to ok, everything is going to turn out font....these channels are never going anywhere! You might as well succumb now and get dialling because you really do need more Tanzanite...

Latest posts

Back