In the Kitchen 16/03/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I could do with a new blender, mine’s developed a leak but had to laugh when I saw the price of this. No way José.

I can’t imagine how I would use all those functions. It sounds very complicated and I would end up using just one setting for everything (as I do for the washing machine & dishwasher 😂).

DEMO WENT WRONG

I just watched the online demo with Charlie who was hobbling around with a bad knee.

At the end, the BA made some "snow" with ice cubes, after saying earlier that it is so cleverly designed you never have to use a stirrer or give it a shake.

However, she realised it was not crushing the ice, so started shaking it. When it had finished, she tried to spoon out the snow, only to find it still had ice cubes in it. She gave iit a good shake and tried again, with Charlie quipping about the trials of live TV. They didn't go back to that demo!

Also, when they made the soup, she said to look at all the steam when she took the lid off, but there was none, even when she poured it out, it looked cold to me!

BTW the spiel is virtually the same as the Vitamix as sold on IW.

And yet again, there is missing info in the description online. It says the voltage is 240V, but the UK has been 230V for years. And they don't even mention the wattage, which is extremely important for working out its power, as 746W = 1 horsepower. They didn't even mention its power in the demo, which is the main USP of the Vitamix, as IW continually say it is several horsepower.

Last edited:
DEMO WENT WRONG

I just watched the online demo with Charlie who was hobbling around with a bad knee.

At the end, the BA made some "snow" with ice cubes, after saying earlier that it is so cleverly designed you never have to use a stirrer or give it a shake.

However, she realised it was not crushing the ice, so started shaking it. When it had finished, she tried to spoon out the snow, only to find it still had ice cubes in it. She gave iit a good shake and tried again, with Charlie quipping about the trials of live TV. They didn't go back to that demo!

Also, when they made the soup, she said to look at all the steam when she took the lid off, but there was none, even when she poured it out, it looked cold to me!

BTW the spiel is virtually the same as the Vitamix as sold on IW.

And yet again, there is missing info in the description online. It says the voltage is 240V, but the UK has been 230V for years. And they don't even mention the wattage, which is extremely important for working out its power, as 746W = 1 horsepower. They didn't even mention its power in the demo, which is the main USP of the Vitamix, as IW continually say it is several horsepower.

Our little Ninja makes amazing snow. Hubby makes Malibu slushies in the summer and they are spectacular 😁😁😁

Yes, I like my Ninja as well. It does everything I need and it cost me £26 as a TSV years ago. Still going strong as well.

CC

My Ninja is going strong too and I make ice cream in it amongst other things, so am not the least bit interested in forking out for an overpriced blender with a much bigger footprint (that doesn’t work properly. 😉)

Latest posts

Back