Indicolite? Really cross.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Imogene9500

Registered Shopper
I saw a brief part of the weekend show when there was an Indicolite showcase. One forum member mentioned the stones being presented as Indicolite looked very green, had a quick look and posted I agreed Just now Toby is on with Angeline and I sent two messages to the studio querying the colour of what they were presenting as any gemstone to be called Indicolite should be predominantly BLUE? A genuine question. No response to 2 questions. Very cross. Not buying anything else from Gemporia.

I saw a brief part of the weekend show when there was an Indicolite showcase. One forum member mentioned the stones being presented as Indicolite looked very green, had a quick look and posted I agreed Just now Toby is on with Angeline and I sent two messages to the studio querying the colour of what they were presenting as any gemstone to be called Indicolite should be predominantly BLUE? A genuine question. No response to 2 questions. Very cross. Not buying anything else from Gemporia.
I suspect that Gemporia is reduced to buying whatever they can, no matter how inferior the material.

Which is fine, so long as they're not trying to sell it as rare or special. Though they're going to be victims of their own past success here, as they've spent years educating people in what they shouldn't be buying, and what to look for in various types of gems.

This Is just another thing to put long term viewers off from shopping with them

It's not good business is it? But then again I don't expect much else these days. It should be blue so I have no idea what it is they are selling???? I know Steve hasn't been back long but I would of thought this kind of thing would have been the first thing he corrected!!! I no longer want to buy from them after being a customer since the very early days I don't know if they are to be trusted anymore. Toby have to say I thought he was genuine but after reading some things on here I no longer think the same. Angelina oh, my the garbage she comes out with and backing the buyers up is a disgrace. My rant over I think......

It was me that picked up on this a few days ago. I would be amazed if this has been certified as Indicolite by any lab.

It is green. Its not even blue with a hint of green. Its pure green.

I am deeply suspicious that it hasn't been certified as Indicolite - but they're possibly trying it on by saying it is, so that they can sell it for a higher price. If so, it's nothing short of fraudulent.

This is clearly Green Tourmaline.

I suspect that Gemporia is reduced to buying whatever they can, no matter how inferior the material.

Which is fine, so long as they're not trying to sell it as rare or special. Though they're going to be victims of their own past success here, as they've spent years educating people in what they shouldn't be buying, and what to look for in various types of gems.

Agree completely, some of the so called Indicolite pieces were very pretty but way below anything you would expect to pay for such a rare gem - at best, blue / green tourmaline and reasonable prices, but not Indicolite. When customers pose questions which are ignored, clear red flag. And as for other gemstones is this the same story?

Last edited:
Troth is on (again) and Rachel makes a point of whatever they are selling now is 100% natural and has a sly dig at TJC whilst mentioning it

Troth with a mixture of aggression and sarcasm "I am really glad you told me that" Rachels face was a picture

What Rachel has happily not mentioned is she had a lovely dig at Gems on air with Mark less than 2 months before she went back there :)

Agree completely, some of the so called Indicolite pieces were very pretty but way below anything you would expect to pay for such a rare gem - at best, blue / green tourmaline and reasonable prices, but not Indicolite. When customers pose questions which are ignored, clear red flag. And as for other gemstones is this the same story?
Couldn't agree more

Troth is on (again) and Rachel makes a point of whatever they are selling now is 100% natural and has a sly dig at TJC whilst mentioning it

Troth with a mixture of aggression and sarcasm "I am really glad you told me that" Rachels face was a picture

What Rachel has happily not mentioned is she had a lovely dig at Gems on air with Mark less than 2 months before she went back there :)
I missed that!!

Selly Telly presenters = goons for hire, nothing more, nothing less

I have been asking them off and on for years why they pick and choose when they mention gem treatments, and why they don't have a full list of the codes, and their meanings, that they use on their website.

I haven't received a response yet. And presenters still rarely mention treatments. Nor has the website been updated.

Which tells you all you need to know, really

That's so true, the one thing that has kept me interested over the years has been the education aspect. I have never bought for investment, but if I would enjoy wearing it and being informed about the origin and characteristics of a particular gemstone made the whole experience so much more enjoyable than just popping to the high street. The issue with the Indicolite show for me was there was a range of gems, some were blue green and may be somewhere on the Indicolite spectrum, but the less expensive items sold were very obviously predominantly green, yet the whole show was labelled Indicolite. I also noticed one of the significantly more expensive competitor comparisons referenced did not call their item Indicolite but blue green tourmaline. Some transparency please Steve and Toby!

Jess is on again with the 'Indicolite' that was expected to sell out at launch. It still looks just like green Tourmaline and the high value 'comparisons' shown bear no relation to what is being presented. That said one or two of the designs are pretty with reasonable gold and the prices reasonable too ... for green tourmaline. Indicolite is predominantly blue, very rare and much more expensive.

Jess is on again with the 'Indicolite' that was expected to sell out at launch. It still looks just like green Tourmaline and the high value 'comparisons' shown bear no relation to what is being presented. That said one or two of the designs are pretty with reasonable gold and the prices reasonable too ... for green tourmaline. Indicolite is predominantly blue, very rare and much more expensive.
Yes I watched some of it as you said some of the designs were good and I was tempted with one especially as it's one of my favourite gems, however, I won't buy do not have the confidence in Gemporia anymore and it sure doesn't look like indicolite to me.

I caught some of the so-called Indicolite, and it is teal green for sure. When Gems used to do it back in the day, it was always described as ink blue, the colour of ink you fill your fountain pen with. And, yes, it was that colour.

Yep, I have about 7 Indicolites from Gemporia that I bought many years ago. They are 'proper' ink blue Indicolite and good carat weights.

Some of these current 'Indicolites' are a lighter green than some of the Green Tourmaline they sell!

I will be amazed if these have been certified as 'Indicolite' by an independent lab.

Latest posts

Back