Inflation?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And we're supposed to be a nation of animal lovers. Such a joke sometimes. l despair at the lack of intelligence of Joe public that they are never far sighted. During lockdown when puppies were sold for exorbitant amounts, did it not occur that once normal life resumed these puppies would be left alone at home ? and because of these idiots lack of thought and change of circumstance, we're seeing dog rehoming centres overwhelmed with unwanted dogs. Its heart breaking. I sometimes wish I had a huge home with lots of ground so I could take in dozens of these dogs - nothing would give me greater pleasure.

The only charities I will give to are local cat / animal rescue centres. My animals ( two cats and a dog) are family members to me, and I would happily cut down on spending for myself in order to make sure they are ok, and fed and watered. Many treat pets as cute disposable possessions and don’t realise that they need love and understanding and have their own personalities, likes and dislikes.

I can hear Bry howling "traitor" already 😋
Yup, he is very much the jealous sort. He can meet and greet every being on the planet, have his favourite friends (people and dogs) but if I stop to pet just one little dog (or big dog) that is a total betrayal lol. Very possessive of his mum.

CC

Me too LATI, and I used to when I had a house full, but everyone has died now so my Christmas is just a few bits in the hearth and a little bit of table decoration. When I was first on my own I did put some deccys up, but its all an effort now, so the less I put up the less there is to take down, and there's only me to look at it.
This is me. I live alone with Tilly the cat, surrounded by family in a 25 mile radius but they’re all too busy to pop round in the run-up to Christmas 🙄. I decorate my bay window and the front of the house & garden, because our road is famed for its light displays. Very tasteful, mainly white lights with no big plastic blow-up Santa’s !

I was in the Range today and they had some lovely tasteful baubles at £1.69 each - eat your heart out Q. Ofcourse they had a lot of naff stuff too but at least it was cheap naff!
The Range Christmas baubles are lovely. Usually arranged in colours. I have to get one or two each year.
I have a 7ft and 6ft tree to decorate usually the first weekend in December.
I hate dark nights so look forward to Christmas.

This is me. I live alone with Tilly the cat, surrounded by family in a 25 mile radius but they’re all too busy to pop round in the run-up to Christmas 🙄. I decorate my bay window and the front of the house & garden, because our road is famed for its light displays. Very tasteful, mainly white lights with no big plastic blow-up Santa’s !
Awwwwww please get one :D :D :D

CC

Awwwwww please get one :D :D :D

CC
The family over the road from us have a set of 'framework' reindeer, can't think of the right word, I've had wine, anyway, they would sit on his garage roof every Christmas. Virtually every morning we would get up and the reindeer would have been blown over every night and would be lying flat Then we would spot him up his ladder putting them upright. Sad, I know, but it amused us no end. Anyway there was no sign of them last year, I think they've probably gone to reindeer heaven 😁

Yup, he is very much the jealous sort. He can meet and greet every being on the planet, have his favourite friends (people and dogs) but if I stop to pet just one little dog (or big dog) that is a total betrayal lol. Very possessive of his mum.

CC
Good boy, Bry! You are a fine lad.

Because I have no close family I'm always the one that works late Christmas eve setting up the Boxing Day sale and I'm back at work early Boxing Day morning to finish the sale set up and open the store.

I'm sick of Christmas by the time December starts and completely knackered by the time Christmas day arrives so I don't do Christmas at all, no fairy lights and baubles in my house, and Christmas lunch will probably be beans on toast.

Because I have no close family I'm always the one that works late Christmas eve setting up the Boxing Day sale and I'm back at work early Boxing Day morning to finish the sale set up and open the store.

I'm sick of Christmas by the time December starts and completely knackered by the time Christmas day arrives so I don't do Christmas at all, no fairy lights and baubles in my house, and Christmas lunch will probably be beans on toast.

I do so sympathise Su. I had a spell working in retail, and its no picnic, standing on hard floors all day, and come Christmas its mayhem. As you say, working late Christmas Eve, and getting set up for the Boxing Day Sale having to get all the window decorations down and slapping up the Sale poster on the windows. Then like you say you're too knackered to enjoy Christmas Day itself.

I was thinking of having an empty calorie Christmas Day this year. I do usually make a proper roast meal but maybe just chocolate, cheesecake and similar this year….. It would be cheaper than cooking wouldn’t it with the fuel crisis!!
No! When I was on my own I always had a dinner (although it was usually curry) but I always laid the table and put on my Christmas music. Just me though. I know quite a few people that don't do Christmas.

CC

Lovely, beans on toast. There will be a lot of people cleaning their ovens as you're sitting with your feet up enjoying your lunch.

Latest posts

Back