Is Alison Young ill?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think it's hard to say how old she looks without seeing her in real life. I suppose, knowing she has access to seemingly every beauty product on the market, people have higher expectations of how she should look than they would for other mere mortals.

I did see her in real life at the Beauty Bash the other year but yeah, point taken. I suppose it's natural to expect her to look 20 years younger or something but who can say what genetic influence there is etc, maybe if she didn't have access to all the fancy skin stuff she'd look a whole lot worse. There's only so much products can do no matter how good they are, Alison not looking 15 doesn't mean the stuff she uses isn't really good.

It's astonishing that she's forged a career in an industry that is concerned with looks when she's certainly not a looker!

Seriously, taking anything to speed up the thyroid without medical assessment is putting the thyroid gland under strain. A few years back health shops couldn't keep kelp on the shelves because women were buying it up to aid weight loss. This is a dangerous practice. Healthy diet and exercise without supplementation ensures safe weight loss and a healthy body. The occasional inclusion of crispy seaweed in your Chinese banquet is ok, like everything in life, in moderation. Quack fads have no place in messing up an already delicate gland that women are at the mercy of due to our hormone system. That is why more women than men fall prey to thyroid disorders. For one system to fail knocks the other out of kilter.

If you really want to know what we would all look like without using moisturiser etc, just watch TV or google India or similar countries. The women you see who look 80 are usually only in their 40s. Working out in the hot sun and not using products is the cause. That is one of my big beefs, the big brands still only put a SPF15 in their creams and foundations, we need at least a 30 in the UK now.

No creams or serums will make you look 20 if in your 40s, nor stop you getting wrinkles(you move your face you will get them), no cream will stop you ageing. You get a face lift you just look like you have got a face lift, you will not look 10 years younger. You get Botox, your wrinkles are smoothed out but your face won't move and people just think you had Botox, you don't look younger.

If you really want to know what we would all look like without using moisturiser etc, just watch TV or google India or similar countries. The women you see who look 80 are usually only in their 40s. Working out in the hot sun and not using products is the cause. That is one of my big beefs, the big brands still only put a SPF15 in their creams and foundations, we need at least a 30 in the UK now.

Indeed, this is a big bug bear of mine. Also I don't like cosmetic companies using SPF's in their foundations as a selling point. You apply nowhere near enough foundation to provide you with the proper coverage of SPF. Of course it helps, but most women believe a thin layer of BB cream/foundation with an SPF15 is adequate sun protection and it really isn't.

Latest posts

Back