Is Charlie watching us?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When he's eating he ain't twatting so that's a mega plus in my book.

Now we know why Julia and Del Boy do so little food shows.

Perhaps presenters are encouraged to eat on a food hour as this may be a selling point?

They probably are encouraged to sample the food Marina, some more than others, but why though? It's not as if they're going to turn round and go "oh no, I wouldn't buy that it tastes horrible!" and even if they did people have different tastes, what one may think is yummy, someone else might think it tastes disgusting, so their orgasmic "mmm mmm mmm" are wasted really.

I agree, when I used to shop with QVC I couldn't watch JF at all, still can't even now I'm only channel hopping.

I caught a bit of Charlie when channel hopping in the adverts, boy can he eat.......after doing a few shows today he must feel queezy. The mixture of foods would make me quite ill.

Charlie if you are reading this forum...imo you are a very nice gannet. LOL

If Charlie reads this (and I say 'if') I think that's the bit he may not be getting! He's paid to present the show, it's not a "just watch how much food I can scoff in an hour" show. It's good that he actually eats something and isn't a stick insect, but to me it's off-putting to watch someone repeatedly making a gannet of themselves. Sometimes he's worse than others and I agree about him not being able to speak because there's so much food in his mouth - I've often wondered he doesn't choke (not a good look on-air). Get well soon, Chas, and remember: it's sample, not scoff (and any comments you make on the nosh while you're eating are coming out as 'muhjhjtuutopprr'..- and flying crumbs - so any 'promotional spiel' is wasted)

I was just about to say the same. He sometimes can't speak because he's stuffed his face so much with food that Simon or whichever guest has to do more of the talking and I don't find it funny to watch a grown man ram food down his neck. Yes, Charlie, I mean you. Have a bite by all means, but don't stuff food down your neck. And don't let us hear you say again to Simon the chef (you obviously thought it was off-camera, but it wasn't) - "Welcome to my lunch hour." No, mecharlie, it's not your lunch hour. It's a show you have to present that happens to be about food.

Last edited:
I can imagine it to be boring, unless you're Johnny Depp of course, I bet he's got something worth Tweeting about, corrrr!! :talking:

Well you don't have to just tweet about yourselves, and most people don't really, not solely anyway. Obviously there are some folk who think what they had for breakfast is so riveting the rest of the world needs to know about it, but there's really a lot of more interesting discussion about all sorts of things. What kind of experience you have of it largely depends on the types of accounts you follow; if it's just your mates then it might be largely idle chit chat but there are loads of more serious, for want of a better word, public accounts about things like politics and science that are very engaging. Not that there's anything wrong with idle chit chat of course but it's not very interesting to read other people's. I follow a mixture of friends, news accounts, political accounts, authors, actors and musicians I particularly like, beauty bloggers, tv shows for spoilers etc and diet/cooking type ones and really find it quite enriching.

On another note, what's wrong with Charlie? Is he just off with a coldy type thing etc or is there something more serious?

I'm not knocking Twitter, it's just social media (except this site) isn't for me, I haven't got the time or interest to tweet of FB, but yes I can see it's probably got good points.

His flirting with certain female guest or models annoys me more than the eating. Think the worse was with that crazy nails inc girl. Whatever happened to her?

Charlie if you are reading this forum...imo you are a very nice gannet. LOL

So true and well put. He can be very funny. And he does do his homework for his shows. I dare say the only shows he's not allowed to do any homework for are the food shows: otherwise there'd be nowt to show on screen except a few crumbs on the plate :mysmilie_17:

Stratobuddy: 1. Is Charlie watching us?
He has just said he gets lots of criticism on the Internet for eating too much on cooking shows (Vitamix at 1730).

Charlie Brook speaking direct to camera on the Real Pie Company show 5-6 pm today, 11 January.:

I have come under fairly strong criticism in the past on a website for eating food as much as I do on air. I make no apology whatsoever. I hate food going to waste.

Who doesn't? But he was actually tasting and enjoying the food and presenting it as he should be, so well done and keep it up, Charlie!

I cant see how his comment of 'food going to waste' rings true - not when there's camera crew and those in the Gallery to share it out with !

When you see the amount of people working on the set of James Martin's shows - they positively swarm around the food he's cooked !

The worst I have ever seen on a food show was Chloe today, I really like to see people with a good appetite but I think she took it a bit too far, I felt sick watching her stuff her face....

On the minus side, I hate seeing someone who has crammed their mouth so full they can't speak (sorry, but you are guilty as charged on some occasions, Mr Brook), and he is, after all, there to present a show, and giving information whilst chewing with your mouth full and gulping food isn't fulfilling the job he's there to do. On the plus side, I'd far rather see someone who looks fit and healthy like Charlie does, and who clearly enjoys his food, than watch an unhealthy lollipop-head on a stick who clearly hasn't eaten anything since 2014.
I cant see how his comment of 'food going to waste' rings true - not when there's camera crew and those in the Gallery to share it out with !

When you see the amount of people working on the set of James Martin's shows - they positively swarm around the food he's cooked !

Judging by the photograph of a pie someone posted on Q`s facebook page yesterday, it might be difficult to talk whilst eating. The pie pic has been subject of people saying it looked as if there was gauze in it or somesuch. Mighty tough to chew ..
This is the pic someone posted on Q`s page. Looks horrible.
pie.jpg

Postscript to the above post. QVC have now stated on their facebook page that the gauze lookalike strands are connective tissue and edible.

Latest posts

Back