Is it professional to call customers Whingers?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Gin Queen

Registered Shopper
Firstly, Happy Holidays to you all! X
Just flicked over after watching Friends (is there nothing on TV anymore?) to hear Simon Biagi trying to flog some Kim&Co by mentioning how people have been whinging in the reviews that it is expensive! Surely there is a better turn of phrase rather than slagging off your customers?!!

Firstly, Happy Holidays to you all! X
Just flicked over after watching Friends (is there nothing on TV anymore?) to hear Simon Biagi trying to flog some Kim&Co by mentioning how people have been whinging in the reviews that it is expensive! Surely there is a better turn of phrase rather than slagging off your customers?!!

Is he not very bright? I sometimes wonder with him?

I'm with you Gin Queen - I've struggled to find ANYTHING to watch this Christmas. The big viewing figures apparently was for Gavin & Stacey - well I didn't watch that the first time around, so held no sway for me. So, memo to Biaggi, I'm probably a Grade A 'whinger' then.

Just a verbal confirmation of the low esteem customers are held in compared to lack of info, blah blah blah my dog/wedding etc.

Simon Biagi is not very nice, he’s smug and you can tell the cheesy bugger mocks the viewer and customer, yes the very same customer who pays for his wages and his “lots in store” freebies, at every given turn.

No it's not professional but, in my opinion, most presenters have long forgotten any professionalism they ever had. Sadly it's all family or side hustle references and promotion...phone Liverpool rather than providing information the customer needs to know...and bliddy iPad and twatter...zleb references...me-Me-ME...preening in studio monitors, fishing for compliments, begging for freebies...flexibility with the truth...bellowing and hectoring customers into senseless purchasing without even the most basic info! I could go on, but I won't.

I’m having a binge on His Dark Materials (jury is still out)

This is excellent and gets much better as it goes along.

brissles, I did watch Gavin and Stacey never watched it before and thought it was okay it is meant to be funny? As I didn't it funny.

Call The Midwife not a tear in sight! The Christmas specials are always for me boring.

Worzel Gomage (sp) thought Mackenzie did a brilliant writing and acting job. In the books, he is very grumpy and not the village idiot that John Pertwee did.

I actually looked forward to watching it every week which must be a good sign! I’ve not read the books, but my friend thought it was pretty similar. Have to wait until autumn next year for the next instalment though xx

As you can probably tell I still haven’t got the hang of this as the message above was replying to loveallthingsitalian (and why not, seems perfectly reasonable to me!) but it posted at the bottom of the thread!

Anyway, there has been a couple of repeats on style today already according to their schedule and will be one later if you want to catch him in action - I’d guess it was between 20-30 mins past the hour and he’s on with Carla (who at least tries to do her job and give info out...) - it’s my birthday today (THANK YOU ADMIN for my birthday email, very kind! X) so I will mostly be drinking Gin in the pub!

Hope you all join me in in eating, drinking and being merry wherever you may be! X

Well my festive season has been QVC free and I'm not inclined to tune in today for whatever tat they're trying to offload from their warehouse under the 'end of year sale' tagline.

We watched hardly any TV on Christmas Day but recorded a few things, which we caught up on yesterday. I love Call The Midwife and this year's 'special' was okay. I was shocked to see that the viewing figures were half of previous years but apart from Gavin and Stacey, which we tuned in for and thoroughly enjoyed, there was nothing much above the five million mark.

I really enjoyed Tom Hardys (wish the sentence stopped there :RpS_biggrin:) take on Charles Dickens “A Christmas Carol”. I saved them all up and watched all in one go while the husband watched all his footy.

He's such a rude person &, as we've said so many times, that sort of comment would have resulted in a real sales person being disciplined or even dismissed. We've had three tv free days, spending Christmas Eve & Christmas Day with immediate family & Boxing Day at football (we won) & then the panto. I will watch Gavin & Stacey if only because I love the original Christmas special but everything else, ESPECIALLY QVC, looked beyond boring. If anyone's close to Blackpool from now until 5th january I recommend Peter Pan at The Grand.

I've got A Christmas Carol ready to watch in one go. I've also got Gold Digger recorded, although I'll probably watch it across two sessions.

I ended up bingeing on Movies 24, unknown actors in the boy meets girl films in small town America awash with cookies and hot chocolate - eggnog is the raciest they get to alcohol, everyone oos and aaaaahs at the christmas tree lighting, and the chaste kiss comes with the credits. I long ago gave up on 'Christmas Special' programmes, and seeing idiot slebs dressed up pathetically as elves or father christmas, and I did everything to avoid seeing Holly Willoughby on the screen.

I ended up bingeing on Movies 24, unknown actors in the boy meets girl films in small town America awash with cookies and hot chocolate - eggnog is the raciest they get to alcohol, everyone oos and aaaaahs at the christmas tree lighting, and the chaste kiss comes with the credits. I long ago gave up on 'Christmas Special' programmes, and seeing idiot slebs dressed up pathetically as elves or father christmas, and I did everything to avoid seeing Holly Willoughby on the screen.

I love those made for tv style movies, total schmaltz :RpS_wub:

Latest posts

Back