Is the Christmas tat getting worse?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
I watched "The Christmas Grotto" hosted by Jilly, who is about the only calm and measured female presenter at this point... but so much tat was on show, it should have been The Christmas Grot. I was especially appalled by some horrors from Mr Christmas. If the pieces arrive intact they are bulky and require storing as is. One Christmas tree has a rotating arm emerging from the top with a rather chunky angel flying round and round. They had illuminated pictures reminiscent of the Thomas Kincaids IW used to flog in breathless and sanctimonious voices. I am amazed that anyone could pronounce so much tat beautiful...and with a straight face.
I do think it's getting worse, or I have a lower tat threshold this year!

No certainly not your threshold is normal go to BM,Poundstretcher,Poundland,it’s all their,only much cheaper than QVC.
Jilly said to Abbi Tent Happy Christmas it’s the 13/11/21 for gods sake,they have no shame ( its not December yet) living in the real world and reality is beyond their egos and small brains.

The daft looking set of robins made of fairy lights are ridiculously priced. The Alison Cork tsv was pathetic. The christmas trees cost more than what some families would pay for presents and food for thier families. Nothing on QVC on the whole is vfm anymore

QVC have major competition with the High street and other online outlets. But they still insisting on selling inferior goods for vastly inflated prices. The luxform wire birds that's a pick of the month cost £30.00 the pair. They look £5.00 each at best. And thats being kind.

I watched "The Christmas Grotto" hosted by Jilly, who is about the only calm and measured female presenter at this point... but so much tat was on show, it should have been The Christmas Grot. I was especially appalled by some horrors from Mr Christmas. If the pieces arrive intact they are bulky and require storing as is. One Christmas tree has a rotating arm emerging from the top with a rather chunky angel flying round and round. They had illuminated pictures reminiscent of the Thomas Kincaids IW used to flog in breathless and sanctimonious voices. I am amazed that anyone could pronounce so much tat beautiful...and with a straight face.
I do think it's getting worse, or I have a lower tat threshold this year!
Brilliant - it's defo getting worse; I have some really nice decorations that I bought from the Q & they look as though they came from a independent high end gift shop.

We have several garden centres near us that sell some lovely Christmas stuff - decorations, gifts and food (eg Churchill’s bikkies). All cheaper than Q, plus they are all independent family businesses that need our business after the various lockdowns. They all have fab coffee shops too.

Obviously many people don’t have easy access to garden centres.

QVC had fantastic Christmas things back in the day. All those lovely glass ornaments and the musical boxes. I even liked the singing fish and the dancing tree. Now it's all crap I'm afraid and you can buy it all in The Range or B&M for half the price or less. I've got one or two things that I bought many years ago and they are still going strong.

CC

I don’t care what anyone says, but to me Christmas decs and novelties are supposed to be tat - and priced accordingly (cheap)! I know that one can achieve a classy/tasteful festive look and can spend a lot of money on well made/expensive items. Q should not be charging premium prices for the sort of tat you can buy in the low end budget stores like B&M and Poundstretcher. Their Christmas offerings have gone downhill with everything else they do!

QVC have major competition with the High street and other online outlets. But they still insisting on selling inferior goods for vastly inflated prices. The luxform wire birds that's a pick of the month cost £30.00 the pair. They look £5.00 each at best. And thats being kind.
The Range have a huge selection of Christmas stuff. Got some lovely platinum coloured glitter balls and under £2 and no way could they be descried as naff.

We have several garden centres near us that sell some lovely Christmas stuff - decorations, gifts and food (eg Churchill’s bikkies). All cheaper than Q, plus they are all independent family businesses that need our business after the various lockdowns. They all have fab coffee shops too.

Obviously many people don’t have easy access to garden centres.
Our garden centres locally tend to stock the abortively expensive Gisela Graham tree decorations - nearly a tenner for one ! but the B & M store do good trade at around £1.50 each.

Latest posts

Back