Is this the quote of the day?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky-j

Registered Shopper
So, Glen Campbell has just informed us, in a wonderful piece of informative commentary about the Centigrade range that, and steel yourself for this, it might be a bit of a shock, "boiled wool is wool that has been boiled".
Thanks Glen, I always wondered why they called it that ...

I'm not able for that kind of radical comment until after lunch when I have been out to play.

Well if QVC is good for nothing else it s a fantastic educational tool! OK so boiled ham is .......... boiled ham, boiled potatoes............. mmmm, I'm getting this now, there is a whole new world opening up to me here :giggle:

I'm not able for that kind of radical comment until after lunch when I have been out to play.

Come on - the bell's just rung, we have to go in *does a handstand against the wall*

Next, Glen'll be telling us that the little pump we have on our trouser 'really works as a story'

Maybe he means "play" in the sense of how some apparently sophisticated people ask the question "Do you wanna play" meaning do you fancy a one nighter. I don't think this is very likely as I can't imagine wearing qvc clothing would inspire a desire in others for casual sex, or any other kind of sex for that matter.

Maybe he means "play" in the sense of how some apparently sophisticated people ask the question "Do you wanna play" meaning do you fancy a one nighter. I don't think this is very likely as I can't imagine wearing qvc clothing would inspire a desire in others for casual sex, or any other kind of sex for that matter.

You are opening up new things to me today, things I have never previously heard of, and I'm not entirely sure I like it ...

Brings back memories of the caller a few months ago who wanted NN Suzie to answer a question for her.

You're going to love this......'Suzie, where does the Egyptian cotton come from?'

Instead of :mysmilie_15: like me, Suzie replied ' From the banks of the River Nile in Egypt' in all seriousness so all credit to her.

I haven't watched any fashion hours today, especially when I knew he was going to be floating about QVC towers. He's obviously coming out with the same old drivel. You would think that he could come up with something a bit more original - wouldn't you? He's so predictable.

Poor guy. He just can't get it right can he. :doh:

But he dosen't learn & sets himself up constantly.

Question is though, is his speech scripted or does he say these things off the cuff. If its scripted and written by someone else, I feel sorry for Glen having to read out such tripe. If its off the cuff, surely it would make more sense for the presenters to write themselves guide notes, to go on auto cue, so stop the stating the obvious, either that or QVC think we are too dim to notice.

Question is though, is his speech scripted or does he say these things off the cuff. If its scripted and written by someone else, I feel sorry for Glen having to read out such tripe. If its off the cuff, surely it would make more sense for the presenters to write themselves guide notes, to go on auto cue, so stop the stating the obvious, either that or QVC think we are too dim to notice.

I would think it's all contrived by 'The Glen'. After all he's supposed to be a "Fashion Expert", so why would he need someone else to tell him what to say?

Otherwise.... If/when it ever becomes available, I'm going to apply for his job. I'm sure he's a lot better paid than I ever was.

Last edited:
I would think it's all contrived by 'The Glen'. After all he's supposed to be a "Fashion Expert", so why would he need someone else to tell him what to say?

Otherwise.... If/when it ever becomes available, I'm going to apply for his job. I'm sure he's a lot better paid than I ever was.

If you are right, he comes over as far from being a 'fashion expert' as an opinionated idiot. Stating the blooming obvious, what is that all about? According to him we have been told to throw something on, team it up with jeans, is there no limit to Glen's tripy utterances.

As for you applying for the vacancy if ever it becomes available, I wish you luck Maria, as Glen is hardly a presenter QVC can be proud of.

So, Glen Campbell has just informed us, in a wonderful piece of informative commentary about the Centigrade range that, and steel yourself for this, it might be a bit of a shock, "boiled wool is wool that has been boiled".
Thanks Glen, I always wondered why they called it that ...

I thought it was a sheep who had been out on the lash.

Perhaps he knew Iggy Pop (aka JF) was watching, and because she is such "a girly" - despite being middle aged - he felt he had to continue to explain things simply, so she would understand !

Here is a variation on a well known nursery rhyme as a tribute to Gen:

"Ladies of an age, come out to play
In a Centigrade coat as bright as day
Leave your supper and leave your sleep
Dressed in boiled wool from a sheep"

Next, Glen'll be telling us that the little pump we have on our trouser 'really works as a story'

When I was little, having "a little pump on my trouser" really did tell a story.

Namely, that I hadn't made it to the toilet in time... :blush:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back