I've just had 'the phone call'!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Letters, then phone calls - what next a personal home visit?

If they did I'd have to have to have my Philosophy ready to squirt at them, ready and armed!

Right Ladies and Gents, here is my letter!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Today I received a phone call from one of your service reps to discuss my 'high rate of returns'. Quite why this issue needed to be discussed at lunchtime on a Sunday is beyond me!

To address the issue at hand -

1. I was not aware of your '50% return rate', especially given your almost constant '30 day no quibble money back guarantee' sales pitch on every item shown. Never at any time is this return rate mentioned on screen, in fact when checking your terms and conditions this 50% figure is not mentioned, only 'excessive returns'. Perhaps your customers should be made aware of this return rate rule? Also, how can your 30 day money back guarantee be 'no quibble' when there obviously is a major quibble?

2. I would not need to return items if they were not 'oversold' by your presenters! Are you suggesting that I should keep items I have ordered and been very disappointed in, especially after being constantly assured of their quality / comfort / suitability / fit etc?

3. With regard to skin care and make up, if a range is recommended as suitable for a particular skin type and then causes a reaction to that skin should I also keep these items??

As you will note from my customer account I have been a QVC customer for several years and have spent a considerable amount of money with you. Needless to say I will not be spending anymore with you! I would like my account closed with immediate effect, thereby preventing any further phone calls from you to my home on ay weekends and my disappointment in inferior products and the costs I have incurred in the past returning these items. In fact, you have actually done me a huge favour in prompting me to close my account, so thank you!

Yours Sincerely,

So, is it sufficiently snotty yet sarcastic?? Can't wait to post it in the morning, it's made me feel so much better. I used to send such wishy washy complaint letters but feel much more satisfied sending snotty ones!!

You must let us all know when/if you get a reply. Just thought I would mention Distance Selling Law, here to protect us happy shoppers, it clearly states when shopping on line/shopping channels etc customer has 7 days from delivery to inspect item, if it does not meet their expectations they can return item for a full refund minus return shipping costs of course.

You must let us all know when/if you get a reply. Just thought I would mention Distance Selling Law, here to protect us happy shoppers, it clearly states when shopping on line/shopping channels etc customer has 7 days from delivery to inspect item, if it does not meet their expectations they can return item for a full refund minus return shipping costs of course.

I somehow don't think I'll get a reply do you??!!

I am looking forward to 'the letter' which the nice chap said he would be sending me as well as getting 'the phonecall'! Blimey, a double dose, I must have been particularly bad!!

Just checking my account and the last 2 things I oredered were 2 pairs of those birkenstock plastic flip flop things, both of which went back cos they were like walking with rocks fastened to your feet. The feedback of them would suggest several other people felt the same and returned them too!

Do you know I feel quite liberated now because I'll no longer switch on and feel tempted to spend my hard earned cash on some overpriced trinket I'll be disappointed with when it FINALLY arrives!!!!

Now I just need Next to follow suit and I'll be quids in each month lol!:cash::cash:

I know! I take it you are speaking from bitter experience?

Was just on my Dennis Basso high horse really - loads of us have written to them - not one reply. Every time someone on here mentions writing to them, they never get a reply. Very rude.

Best wishes to your mum, Love A'kin. Have you got a GAP nearby? My mum lost lots of weight after chemo and is still very slight. She finds that GAP are small enough for her and fitted to a smaller frame in some of their styles. Hope that is helpful to you.

Thanks honey, :flower:

I do have a Gap in the next town over, so I'll have to have a look to see what they've got that she might wear. Personally I'm happy that sizing has become a little more generous these days - even though it's crazy! (I have a size 12 skirt from 1984 that my size 6-8 in todays sizing buddy can't do up. :p) But for my mum it's a nightmare finding something that fits her nicely while she's ill. She's not massively into clothes, but girl's gotta wear something hasn't she???;)

Cheers for the tip my lovely! :up2: (and apologies for the thread hijack) :eek:

I was amazed to receive several replies from QVC when I went on my Smashbox crusade (pointing out that they're not the only official UK supplier despite AY bleating this out 97 times per programme). They asked me for examples of hours where she said it etc and let me know that they'd inform the presenters that they couldn't say this anymore! Course AY was still saying it last week during the SB shows as I imagine she won't take direction from anyone...

Tx

I feel a bit narky today so also send an email to QVC asking for clarification of their 30day MBG and asking them to inform me of my return rate and how soon I will have my account suspended for returning inferior, or incomplete products. Well let you know IF I get a reply.

Last edited:
I ordered a top a while back and, when I opened the inner packaging, the smell of cigarette smoke nearly knocked me over!. It was so bad, it was as if someone had deliberately blown into the bag and quickly sealed it.
As they are not allowed to smoke in the warehouse, it was obviously a returned item.
I rang QVC and an operative made sympathetic clucking noises and advised me to put my complaint in writing. I did and........yes, you guessed it, I didn't receive a reply!:angry:

It is tempting to take this issue to one of the many consumer tv/radio programmes. The only thing that makes me hesitate is that it would give QVC free publicity (as they say all publicity is good publicity). The Jeremy Vine show would be a good choice, I guess we should give the QVC Management sufficient time to answer Graham's superb notice though.
Placards at the ready folks!

It is tempting to take this issue to one of the many consumer tv/radio programmes. The only thing that makes me hesitate is that it would give QVC free publicity (as they say all publicity is good publicity). The Jeremy Vine show would be a good choice, I guess we should give the QVC Management sufficient time to answer Graham's superb notice though.
Placards at the ready folks!

Or how about Youtube? It has been extremely effective for some people in the past when dealing with various companies

Appalling behaviour from QVC.

As other posters have mentioned I too would be very interested to know how the % of returns is worked out. Is it over the length of time of your account, £'s, or half yearly.

I imagine many business have something similar in their T&C's. If their 30 MBG is no quibble it should be just that IMHO. Is it my responsibility if goods are sent out faulty, poorly colour matched (for some jewellery items), or not up to the job that the presenters have said they are. No. As a customer I try my best to make an informed decision about the majority of my purchases, not always successfully, but I do try.

I do object when I've taken time to be as specific as possible on the returns form why the item is being returned, for QVC to responed with "returned". If they do categorise the reasons I've never found any evidence of it on my account.

I've always suspected/thought(propably wrongly), that part of the reasoning behind the high P&P cost was because of the generous returns policy.

Some years ago, there was a guy who wrote a book about how to complain. In order to ensure a reply, his advice was to send your complaint to the head of a different department to the one you were complaining about. So for customer services, send to financial, human resources, anyone but CS....because then that person passes it to the right 'head' and if they do not reply the wrong head will get the next letter....get my drift.

Oh yes, and if you don't get a response, send another letter including the copy and ask for a response.

Hi All, I too have had both a letter and a phone call at work, a while ago now though, ( letter telling me off because I didn't take any notice of the phone call and was still returning too many things!)
I no longer purchase anything now and am financially much much better off, infact I dread to think how much money I have wasted over the years on things I don't need, jewellery I never wear & P&P for returns must be well into the thousands, so I am glad in a way as it gave me a wake up call to be more wise with my money in future.

After all do I really need to spend £25 on a shower gel from L'occitane when a £1.99 Palmolive Shower gel will do - no I don't, it was just pure stupidness on my part for being dragged into the hype of well it's much better for your skin etc.

On another note I remember quite some time ago now a member did ask Trading Standards about QVC's return policy and they were told that QVC although yes, had to abide by the distance selling act were within their rights as a company to limit the amount of returns they will accept from a customer as they are in business to make a profit etc etc, as for their portrayal of their 30 day MBG on air that is another matter as I do think it should be clearer the exact nature of the guarantee and cut down on the amount of times it is said and 'the order two sizes then make a choice' statements etc.

Latest posts

Back