Jack of All Trades ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
The "Brand Ambassadors" on Q seem to be appearing with more and more products from different brands

We have..

Gill Gauntlet- Appears with anything that lights up and anything which can fit on her Fathers Balcony ( which doesn't leave alot out)

Beverly - Mainly Gardening items but also appears with the Sachi bags.

Carla Laszlo - Tigs bags , Emus and arrange of fashion brands

Abi Horne- Cameras , Tablets , Mobile phones, radios and them silly things you hang your bag with on a glass table, to name a few.

Gail Samways- Diet chef, Flavour stone and has previously appeared with Kings Realm etc

Lee Holbein- All things Techy, even selling rival brands i.e Apple and Android.

I really wish they would stick to one guest per Brand , that was at least mean if you dislike a particular guest you can just avoid that one show/brand. I dont trust a person one minute selling one thing and saying its the next best thing since slice bread and the next week appearing with a different brand saying the exact same thing.

And don't forget how many of the bland ambassadors also turn up with the Christmas stuff - coming soon to a telly near you with Christmas in July (unless they bring it forward a month).

There was one day when the TSV was being fronted by Carla Laszlo, and so were a number of other shows scheduled for the same day. I was bored of seeing her, and she looked at the end of her tether when her last show finished.

I really do think that at present the planners/schedulers are not thinking very thoroughly about not just what the shows are, but who is presenting (and they should be factoring in deputies in case of illness or flight schedules).

When guest presenters are touted as brand ambassadors for completely different products, I find it a challenge to believe a word they say, and question their knowledge. A prime example, is Abby Horne and, as has been said, her technical expertise (!), and selling novelty gifts. One must remember that they are sales people, ultimately, with targets imposed by QVC. tbh, across the board, I don't trust any of them to give me 100% factual information.

I wouldnt really mind someone being a brand ambassador for different brands if they didnt say that the one they were presenting was the best thing since sliced bread until the next show they are presenting.

They can point out the plus points and the fact that if you only text a couple of times a day you dont need an Iphone or if you have £199 to spend this is the best product at that price point. Or if you are short/tall/long arms/casual/posh frock etc - but they seem to be unable to sell horses for courses which is what a suscessful sales person should be able to do.

After all if you go into say a jewellers they would show you several brands of watches, they would tell you the pros and cons and you would weigh up these together with the price you wanted to pay and bingo!

Possibly Julia and Dale are capable of this but the others are on gushing auto pilot.

As was said the main problem with multi brand ambassadors is if you dont like them you are stuffed for days on end.

I find Gill Gauntlet really hard work, her voice grates on me.
However you've got to hand it to her, she doesn't half have some tat to try and sell.

some of the garden lights she sells are c**p a week or so out in the rain and the are useless

I find Gill Gauntlet really hard work, her voice grates on me.
However you've got to hand it to her, she doesn't half have some tat to try and sell.

Gill and Ann D make me dive for the remote:

(a) they both annoy the hell out of me
(b) it will alway be crap that they are selling

I was a bit stunned to see Gabrielle Bradshaw turn up presenting the DAB radio they were selling on QVC selection day (Monday). I haven't previously seen her selling any kind of electrical goods. She doesn't grate like Abby Horne, thank goodness, but still has zero credibility.

Gill and Ann D make me dive for the remote:

(a) they both annoy the hell out of me
(b) it will alway be crap that they are selling

Just checking - Anne Dorrington, rather than Anne Dawson?

Can I add Lorna Ko in the same bracket please?

Last edited:
Sadly for the marketing firms and brand ambassadors, I am one of their lost causes. Since the day I started shopping (Circa 1965) I have bought what I wanted / needed and not because some 'ambassador' or 'celebrity' has attempted to persuade me to. It borders on the obscene that firms pay the likes of Beckham etc to front their advertising campaigns, but it was ever thus, from the days of the Silver Screen when film stars were paid to advertise Camel fags or Lux soap - the power of advertising eh ?

We all say that we are not affected by advertising and particularly celebs, but would those companies spend that sort of mega bucks unless we were? Or is it a case of the rivals are doing it so they must do it and so it goes on in circles.

Imagine if suddenly they all stopped - would we shop differently? The only thing advertising is any good for is to announce new products and that is only once in a while.

I thought Gabrielle Bradshaw was the Xhose expert and hanging basket expert although she said when she was building one i am not an expert on hanging baskets which led me to wonder why she was doing it when there was an "expert"standing next to her guess who:mysmilie_11:

I thought Gabrielle Bradshaw was the Xhose expert and hanging basket expert although she said when she was building one i am not an expert on hanging baskets which led me to wonder why she was doing it when there was an "expert"standing next to her guess who:mysmilie_11:

Amazing isn't it? Richard Jackson is really the brand ambassador for all the different RJ-branded stuff, yet he is classed as a presenter (and given a blog). If he's a presenter, there should be no need for one of the other presenters to join him in doing the shows, and he should only need to be supplemented by the product ambassadors that feature in his programs.

Ann Dorrington is one woman I would like to leap through the TV to get to and then throttle her live on air. I truly can't stand her. Beverley Cressman's extremely irritating voice is worse than Alison Young's - are they related? Lorna Ko can talk for Britain and talk the ass and hind legs off every donkey on Blackpool beach. Gabrielle Bradshaw is OK but I'm sick of hoses - she sold me one and I'm no longer interested. I'm sure Richard Jackson is perfectly capable of selling a fountain with whichever presenter is on that day and I'm far more likely to sit and listen if it's just him and Jilly for instance - therefore more likely to buy.

CC

Ann Dorrington is one woman I would like to leap through the TV to get to and then throttle her live on air. I truly can't stand her. Beverley Cressman's extremely irritating voice is worse than Alison Young's - are they related? Lorna Ko can talk for Britain and talk the ass and hind legs off every donkey on Blackpool beach. Gabrielle Bradshaw is OK but I'm sick of hoses - she sold me one and I'm no longer interested. I'm sure Richard Jackson is perfectly capable of selling a fountain with whichever presenter is on that day and I'm far more likely to sit and listen if it's just him and Jilly for instance - therefore more likely to buy.

CC

I agree CC, her voice is like nails down a blackboard to me.
Another voice that goes straight through me is the lady who used to guest for the clothes hangers and the vacuum space saver bags, but I haven't seen her for a long time. Adrienne possibly?

I agree CC, her voice is like nails down a blackboard to me.
Another voice that goes straight through me is the lady who used to guest for the clothes hangers and the vacuum space saver bags, but I haven't seen her for a long time. Adrienne possibly?

Adrienne Cleasby - I suppose she was a casualty of the reduction in the number of guest presenters. Vacuum space saver bags would now be Gill Gauntlett, and they've another lady who does Organised Options which offered the replacements to the Grip to Me hangers Adrienne used to present.

Latest posts

Back