Jackie Kabler - lack of empathy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Just caught the tail end of a Fahrenheit hour, or Celsius or whatever it is they call their range of cheap jackets. Seemed Ms Kabler was getting very impatient with Glen Campbell's pontificating. She kept talking over him and saying: "mmm" "yeh," in a bored tone of voice. Don't blame her really for being bored with him. He is utterly tedious, not to mention ridiculous, sporting that Captain Birdseye beard and ill-fitting slacks. Looked like he was wearing C&A's cast-off from 1974.

You clearly missed the section about twenty minutes in (I only tune in during ad breaks from sensible programmes). She was raving in a Harry Met Sally way about a purple cat, sorry, coat, with thick fake fur. " Oh, yes, yes, yes...I want this....." I can only say that the ensemble, of fake fur plus dangly earrings was Barmaid 1974, no doubt complementing Glenn's Man At C&A outfit.

I think there was a clash of egos going on between Jackie and Glen. They were both trying to dominate the conversation.

You clearly missed the section about twenty minutes in (I only tune in during ad breaks from sensible programmes). She was raving in a Harry Met Sally way about a purple cat, sorry, coat, with thick fake fur. " Oh, yes, yes, yes...I want this....." I can only say that the ensemble, of fake fur plus dangly earrings was Barmaid 1974, no doubt complementing Glenn's Man At C&A outfit.

Aw that sounds funny, I wish I'd tuned in earlier!

I think there was a clash of egos going on between Jackie and Glen. They were both trying to dominate the conversation.

I think you're right, Turandot. I'm not keen on either of them, particularly Glen Campbell. I've never known a guest spout such rubbish as him! He need only be on for 10 seconds and then they could get rid of him, but oh no, he has to elongate, pontificate and harp on to the point of no return.

When Glen says "there's a story coming through" what story? romance story, horror story, which one? what story? He never, ever says. :mysmilie_13:

Don't like JK - if she is as bored as she appears and looks down her nose at selly telly then go back to proper TV but don't treat the viewers to your distain Miss "I'm just back from Japan and soooooo bored"

Took an instant dislike to Jackie when she had a rant ....half joking half serious ...at one of the floor workers ....her face said it all ....gives off bad vibes IMHO .....gawd I'd love to be a fly on the wall lol......who doesn't like who etc lol ....I am nosey that's why lol

Don't like JK - if she is as bored as she appears and looks down her nose at selly telly then go back to proper TV but don't treat the viewers to your distain Miss "I'm just back from Japan and soooooo bored"

Couldn't agree more, she giggles constantly as if she's embarrassed to be there, but like you say, no one is forcing her to keep the job, and talk about I love me who do you love, she's totally in love with her own reflection.

I don't mind Jackie at all but I wonder why we're spending so much of our defence budget on drones when there's a ready-made one right here on our screens called Glen Campbell.

As for a clash of egos, I'm convinced that the powers that be on QVC have told their presenters that THEY are the ones in charge and THEY own the hour so just keep talking over everyone else.

I only caught about five minutes of that show. I gave up after Glen used all of his stock fashionista phrases in one sentence...on trend .....a story coming through...dress it up or down....combine it with a little black....I did see Jackie with the coat with the fur collar - I thought it looked cheap. There was another coat that Glen said he could see a Parisian lady wearing!! No chance I thought.

I don't mind Jackie at all but I wonder why we're spending so much of our defence budget on drones when there's a ready-made one right here on our screens called Glen Campbell.

As for a clash of egos, I'm convinced that the powers that be on QVC have told their presenters that THEY are the ones in charge and THEY own the hour so just keep talking over everyone else.

:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19::mysmilie_47::mysmilie_11: Brilliant, Thatu!

I'm often staggered at the amount of meaningless cobblers that flows interminably from his mouth. In his case, I fully support Jackie interrupting, talking over him, and generally not letting him get a word in edgewise. The man is single-handedly responsible for the groaningly full cliché warehouse at QVC. Thank goodness he's a guest and not a presenter. I'm sure he's a nice enough man off air... but that's where he would be most likeable of all.

Jackie said that Glen is in high demand as a Model these days, and he confirmed he is very busy modelling:mysmilie_17: Check out your latest copy of vogue folks.
I am keeping away from Liverpool city centre this weekend because Jackie is having a weekend there with two friends, thats what I picked up from half watching.

jackie always looks like she is smelling something unpleasant. shes not a bad presenter but i always feel she wants /needs to be elsewhere

I actually like Jackie, for all her erming, and not always being prepared.

When she says she likes a product - I believe her... because, unlike some of the others (who would need to live in the QVC warehouse to have enough space to keep all the stuff the reckon they own) she isn't forever gushing about the product. She also doesn't think she knows better than the guest about the product, unlike a number of other presenters. She also isn't forever harping on about her book.

I will always give Jackie the benefit of the doubt concerning facial expressions. I either read one of her blogs, or heard her say on air, that she suffered from Bell's Palsy - which results in facial paralysis. She also said she'd recovered... but whether that means her normal range of movement of her face is the same as the average person would expect, I don't know.

It's not her facial expression I take exception to, it's her attitude. She never does any pre show preparation which becomes obvious in her lack of knowledge and interest in the products. She never gives sizes, never knows colours etc etc and all the time looks as bored as hell.

Whilst I don't like the lying and gushing of most presenters and the hard sell of Flint at least don't insult me by expecting me to contribute to your wages whilst looking down your nose at me.

Whenever I channel hop and catch JK presenting, she always gives the impression that she's way too good for shopping Tv by giggling out of the embarrassment of being there, I don't contribute to any of their wages I'm happy to say, so thy can be as snooty, patronising and think they're way better than me all they like.

Funny, isn't it? We don't all see the same things when we watch. I don't get her looking down on anyone, or being embarrassed to be there. I think she's actually enjoying herself, a lot of the time... particularly when she's on with Chloe. The few times they did the Lunchtime Show together, they didn't really need the guests, and the show was actually fun.

Funny, isn't it? We don't all see the same things when we watch. I don't get her looking down on anyone, or being embarrassed to be there. I think she's actually enjoying herself, a lot of the time... particularly when she's on with Chloe. The few times they did the Lunchtime Show together, they didn't really need the guests, and the show was actually fun.

Yes you're right everyone's different, the bit I caught of them on the show looked totally immature and extremely unprofessional, have a laugh yes but they were like a pair of kids, in my opinion of course, I could only stomache it for a minute, that was enough.

Latest posts

Back